• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The dumbest thing you did when you were new to pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

natie

Mr. F
Nothing. At least nothing dumb enough for me to remember.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Use Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Frenzy Plant.

On a Mr. Mime from LG, I had Sunny Day, Psychic, Solarbeam, and Thunder. -_- Tsk tsk

Nidoprince

My first game was Ruby. In the moving van, I got scared because I thought that I was trapped. Also, thanks to the anime, I thought Water Gun was good, so I took a Swampert to the elite 4 with Muddy Water, Water Gun, Mud Slap, and Take Down.
I wasted a TM EQ on a Groudon in Emerald
I wasted a ton of TMs on a random Nidoking in Leafgreen

catzeye

Writer's Block
I was in 4th grade at the time...

On Ruby (my first ever Pokemon game) I went to the Elite four with a level 52 Sceptile and a level 50 Groudon.

I did good up until Glacia, she took down Sceptile and Groudon like nothing...
All I had left were level 20s.

Safe to say that I got f*cked hard...The worst part was I kept on saving the game after each Elite 4 member I beat...I kept on restarting the game and I kept on getting a hard raping of my team each time. Then I got Emerald. I did much better on that one...I actually trained the whole team...

So when I got Glacia on Emerald...it was she who had her team screwed....that was a "Take that!" moment for me.

Last edited:

Senkou

Holier than thou
Dumbest thing I did? I kept on using Kadabra in Gold, hoping it would evolve to Alakazam. By the time it reached level 63 after beating Pryce, I realized it might be close to evolving, so I kept on using it, lol.

Starsurfer

Pokemon Idol
Let's see, Well When I first got Gold when I was eight, I couldn't figure out how to leave Violet city. (Ya know, cause I didn't have space for the egg and that guy wouldn't let me leave without it.)
After that I discovered the PKMN Box... But I still didn't know how to do anything other than release my pokemon. So I figured that whenever I got a full team, I'd have to release one to catch something else.
I also thought that If you released a pokemon, you could catch it again if you looked for where it was on the pokedex, so I released my Bayleef... And Cried afterward when i couldn't get it back. T.T

martinn94

Prepare For Trouble
I would train a team of Pokemon that were all unevolved because they were my "favorites". So now I have a lv. 100 Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Aipom, Delibird, Skitty and Growlithe. When I could of had a Blastoise, Venusaur, Ambipom, Delcatty and Arcainine.

Status
Not open for further replies.