• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Earthbound Revival - Say WUUAAAAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller

Its almost time
Greetings, my friends at the "Nintendo Discussion" at Serebiiforums. I'm here to bring great news to all... *insert picture of Slowpoke*

http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/01/timeline-of-itois-twitter-announcements/

Now, I know what you're going to say - "Thriller you dolt! There was already a Earthbound/Mother thread!" Well, I chose not to post in that thread for two reasons.

1) That thread was last posted in 2012. It's sooooo 2013 now.

2) I'd much rather this thread be for the Earthbound Revival itself. Not the series.

Because I gotta be honest - it's about time the Mother series gets a revival. The series never got proper treatment outside of Japan, and since it was supposed to be a positive portrayal of the United States of America in the first place, that was just sad. Heck, I'm surprised I never bought into it in '95 either, because at the time, I held such a high amount of respect for America, and it only occurred to me 10 years later that it stood for everything America was before...

Okay, lets not get too political here (*notices what I have as my "location"*). Agh! hide me! I'm not safe on a Pokemon forum! (yeah, I am being pretty retarded here, forgive me)

But yeah, going back to the Mother Revival itself, it's about time these games get reproduced to "make them playable today." Frankly, the video game industry is getting damaged by the "Hardcore" generation and the dreaded FPS games. (Thriller you dolt! No politics!) The Video Game scene needs a real wholesome title (and hopefully it will not get mainstreamed into what modern Nintendo stands for, but knowing Itoi, I doubt that)

So what is going to change for Earthbound 0, Earthbound, and Mother 3?

- Will all three be the same graphical style?

- Will Ness & Co resemble today's American child in terms of clothing?

- What will become of the Magypsies, my favorite part of Mother 3, and undoubtedly a reason why M3 never made it abroad?

- Will the structure of Mother 3 be altered to less resemble today's modern world?

- What about all the music? The glorious tunes that brings happiness to our hearts and hooked us onto these games in the first place? It's no secret about the influences of real world music in them. Mother has played things like Johnny B. Goode, Greased Lightning, The Batman theme, Pink Floyd, the Beatles, even the precursor to Little Rascals. Will Nintendo solve this problem on their side?

- Will Reggie have the balls to come out to the Earthbound fanbase and say "I will not localize this game." after everything it's been through?

- Which console? Preferably, the Wii U.

- When?

I will keep an ear and eye out for any new news regarding the Earthbound Revival. I don't use Twitter (don't have a cell phone, so no point) so postings from myself won't be as quick. I pretty much was the biggest Mother fanboy here during the heyday, so I only felt it fitting that I be the broadcaster for the news here at Serebii. Lol, I'm such a narcissist.

Until then, I vanish on my magic carpet. If you ever wish for me to appear when you want, search for the Purple Star on Facebook.

Now Discuss the Mother/Earthbound revival!

Abstinence Pistols

- Which console? Preferably, the Wii U.
[img300]http://static.northpole.fi/download/1346417411642263/ishygddt3.jpg[/img300]

Please dear Lord no. At least not exclusively.

Anyway, this does look pretty cool. I just hope it gets localized, and with only minor changes. The games are all fantastic as they are, they don't need any changes.

Zibdas

not bad
[img300]http://static.northpole.fi/download/1346417411642263/ishygddt3.jpg[/img300]

Please dear Lord no. At least not exclusively.

Anyway, this does look pretty cool. I just hope it gets localized, and with only minor changes. The games are all fantastic as they are, they don't need any changes.
Exclusive? Oh yeah guys, Nintendo's IP is going to appear on the Vita! How could it not have happened sooner?!

Zibdas

not bad
Well, I mean, at least on the 3DS eShop. After all, Mother 3 was a Game Boy game.
I thought we were talking about a whole new entry to the series, or at least a revamp.

Though that would practically double the Vita's games library
it would double its sales too but if you double zero you still have zero

Thriller

Its almost time
I don't care that Mother 3 was eventually released on the Game Boy console. At the time, that was the most viable system to work with, I'm sure Itoi's developers would have just as hard time on the Gamecube than the N64.

But the Mother series were always meant to be console games. And I'm not gonna want to have to buy a 3DS just to play the Mother Revival. I'd much rather have it so my child can play it on the Tv.

Abstinence Pistols

And I'm not gonna want to have to buy a 3DS just to play the Mother Revival.

I'm sure that's what all the 3DS owners would say if it was released exclusively on the Wii U.

If anything the Wii U would probably be just as hard as the 3DS because they'd have to do something with the gamepad.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Here's to something else we won't get in America. Sigh...

Though that would practically double the Vita's games library

Yeah, from one port to two.

[img139]http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae249/Albtraumfabrik/tumblr_mgg605Mjob1rgc10jo2_500_zps6995095e.gif[/img139]

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Sony releasing the Vita was the biggest game of all.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Sorry but this could easily go into the Earthbound topic. I get your reasoning for not putting it there initially but that's really where it fits best.

Also, even if a topic was made in 2012, you can still post in it if the last post was made less than 30 days ago. So go post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.