1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Eeveelutions

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by CunniJA, Mar 18, 2009.

1. CunniJA

CunniJA Ski Patroller

So, is Espeon a cat, or a dog? Same with Umbreon... cat or dog?

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

...neither. There might be some vaguely canine or feline features about them, but who says they have to be either?

3. Ishrie

Ishrie Well-Known Member

4. Babey_blue

Babey_blue Foreva and alwaez...

if espeon was compared to feline and canine i would say that feline is the better guess...

5. BlitzBlast

BlitzBlast Busy with School

They're all fennec foxes. Or at least modeled after them.

6. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

Espeon is based off the "Bakeneko/Nekomata" (Monster Cat) but yeah. They're maily based on foxes with feline like features. I also hear that Eevee and its eeveelutions are based on the "Houkou", a monster wolf that could split into 7 different elemental formes (Water forme, Wind forme, Fire forme, Earth forme, Lightning forme, Metal forme and Wood form).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Espeon appears to be a fennec fox crossed with a Monster cat.

Umbreon is probably a fennec fox crossed with something else, as it's not as similar to a fennex fox as eevee, vaporeon, flareon and jolteon.

8. Nightning

Nightning Hyuu~

they are all foxes

9. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

I never saw anything cat like about them. Foxes they are.

10. SmoG878

SmoG878 i'm not dead...srsly

i'd say the're all mutated experiments of eevee (which is a squirrel{in my thought}) given different injections of the formulae (lol, heroes reference).

11. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

I'd say they're foxes, i've never seen anything to make me think they're dogs or cats.

12. Pkmn Breeder Jack

Pkmn Breeder Jack Static owns you.

Foxes. They have the face, ears, and build of foxes. They look nothing like cats or dogs.

13. StellarWind

StellarWind The Sylvan Saber

They're Eeveelutions. Any resemblence to Terran phylum doesn't make them said Terran phylum.

I see both feline (particularily in forms like Umbreon and Espeon - as someone mentioned before, Espeon is based on a Nekomata) and vulpine features in their design. Of course, foxes being practically catdogs (more closely related to canines phylogenetically but displaying a wide assortment of traits more common in felines), it almost makes it redundant. ^^;

14. Visual

Visual Nine one six ~

The eeveelutions are all based on foxes. Well, Espeon does look a bit like a cat but it's still a fox.

15. PDL

PDL disenchanted

They're generic mammals, in the same way the Legendary Beasts are collectively known as "Legendary Beasts".

16. Silverninetails

Silverninetails Quaaaaagggg~~~

I say fox.
    Speaking of animal resemblance, what animal is Snorlax?

17. Firekit

Firekit The Grass Master

I think they are Foxes. As for snorlax who knows.

18. Harris73

Harris73 MAIL ROOM!! NAO!!

Foxes with special abilities or powers (kinda like those Bakeneko) are known as Kitsune. I kinda say they are more like kitsune. "Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom." as Wikipedia says.

19. Moneyy

Moneyy INACTIVE

They look like cats combined with foxes.

20. MKFC

MKFC Shade of Blue

They're mammals.