• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World! (647)

Animefan145

Great episode, excellent to see Ash finally has all eight Sinnoh badges. I always like these all-battle episodes, if only there weren't so many Team Rocket breaks though, not like they did anything important. Not quite sure I like that blackout giving Infernape a moment to recover, but oh well, it was already in Blaze mode anyway by that point, and everyone was staring after that. And I really hope that's the end of the Blaze control issues, but nice to see that Ash didn't have to hug it or anything, it has just gotten the hang of its power. Though the Gym sure took a beating, with how many times Pokemon or attacks wrecked the walls and ceiling. And heh, looks like Volkner will be busy for a long while with that long long of trainers.

Sad to see Torterra go down without a win, although at least it looked cool for a minute or two. And yay, Pikachu finally beat an Ele-something! Even if that annoying Motor Drive ability kicked in again, but at least Static countered that. And wow, even before Blaze, Infernape took out Jolteon fast. I'm kind of sad Raichu didn't fight, especially with the parallels between Volkner and Ash with their strong bonds to Raichu/Pikachu, but guess we don't really need another Pikachu vs. Raichu fight (Sinnoh already did that once, but might've been nice if they had remembered that tail tangle move).

So, after this onto the Pokemon League. Oh yeah, glad to see Flint was still there, wasn't sure if they would have him show up again. So that's the last of Sinnoh's mostly good Gym battles, hope the League turns out pretty good as well.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
jeez what a chaotic fight, just the kinda i like^^

I feel bad for Torterra, none of it's attacks worked at all and it got ko'ed in one strike, should it have evolved i wonder?

Pikachu's Static messing up Electrivire after it's speed was boosted made me laugh, and Pikachu finally beat an Electabuzz line member by itself congrats Pika.

I've got one thing to say about Infernape vs Jolteon, Falcon Punch to the Ceiling, ouch.

Pikachu vs Luxray, geez Pikachu when did you become so psycotic with iron tail? First you go for Onix's throat and now Luxray's?

Of course nothing beats what Infernape did after Blaze kicked in, tore the place apart..Ripped Luxray a new one with two Falcon Punches and I thought the Flame Wheel it used to beat Candice's Abamasnow was crazy, this was one was even friggen bigger. lol and nice Fake out indeed looks like Infernape does have Blaze under control after all.

I liked this gym battle alot, it's a shame that Torterra got knocked out so quickly but the rest of the fight was funny and or awsome 9/10 from me, 1 point off for what happened to Torterra.

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
...sigh...

I was hoping that none of Ash's pokemon would go down without a win, but I guess that's too much to hope for. Couldn't they have just given Torterra a win against Jolteon?

shac

This battle doesn't get my vote for best battle of Sinnoh. The battle was decent. To me, it felt like Electrivire was like a Normal Type, with the Fire/Ice Punch thing. They could have used Ambipom instead. The Jolteon VS Infernape was a huge joke! One punch, your dead! And then Infernape gets a little owned by Luxray, to pull out an amazing comeback. If Pikachu didn't get this win over Electrivire, then this episode would be in the same league as Wake, Byron, Candice to me. I've lost my faith in you producers.

Things I liked:

- Pikachu defeating Electrivire pretty much all alone. Pikachu Love <333!
- Good use of music. Some old Johto-music is always good.

Things I didn't like:

- Jolteon losing to Infernape. You could have used Pikachu for that one.
- Infernape goes from beaten up monkey, to "I own your ass!".
- Does anybody found it a little weird that Infernape's Mach Punch did so much damage? It's not like they got powered up by Blaze.
- Torterra losing fast, and I mean fast!
- Pikachu spamming Iron Tail. It needs some new moves, like Signal Beam, Reversal or Brick Break.
- Annoyned by the Sinnoh Music. Something old please!

So technically, the episode was above average, but only because of Pikachu beating Electrivire, even though Pikachu used one attack to damage it.

And does anybody find it weird that Infernape used Dig, to make such a small hole? It is just so weird, you know what I'm saying? It should have been bigger!

Episode Rating: 6/10, with the Dig and the hole thing lowering it down by one point. Yeah, it did matter!

Haven't watched the episode yet, so can't really comment. But if I may make one point here...Jolteon has a very low defense stat whereas Infernape has a high attack stat, so by game data it kinda make sense that Infernape took out Jolteon in one attack.

I like the fact you are fussing about the size of the hole Infernape made with dig. This is the kind of thing that I love to fuss about when it comes to the anime.

Last edited:

Rokroad

Hot Drops
I didn't liked the fact that Infernape starred again in this gym battle, Pikachu should've been the star.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think that Luxray had Intimidate...it scared Pikachu when it bit it's Iron Tail with Thunder Fang & then Ash ordered something to Pikachu but Pikachu didn't move cuz it was scared

BlueDragonfangirl

I enjoyed the episode.
I liked the animation.
Pikachu getting to kick butt.
Ash monkey pokemon finally learning that move and not attacking Ash.
Dawn cheering Ash on was cute.

Over all, fun episode. Can't wait for the league YAY!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Wow Infernape's blaze is really something else.The sinnoh league is gonna be sooo exciting.terrific gym battle best i have ever seen

shac

Watched the episode.

Things I did not like: Terra getting pawn'd like that. Also it has shrunk in size. At the final rc-ice-punch collision scene it looked barely bigger than Grotle.
Luxray's x-ray vision not explored. There were a few times it could have been done - light's going off, attack collision smoke, underground monkey...

Things I liked: Discharge's animation.
Attack compromises - fire-punch to counter grass attacks, iron-tail to counter ice-attacks. This could be the next big strategy in the games, or at least in the anime battles.
Pika pawns Electrivire.
Super-balze monkey action - oh, that flame-wheel was epic. Can't wait for Paul to see that.
Nice battle!

Doom-Burn

I was hoping for a 4 vs 4 battle with Gible and Raichu, maybe Gible can appear during the league...

I liked how the whole episode was pretty much dedicated to the battle, we had no TR interruption, causing the battle to go smoothly. This only happens to important battles...

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was pretty good, I enjoyed it. The Electivire vs Torterra battle could have lasted a little longer, I felt like it was kinda rushed, but not as rushed as the Jolteon vs Infernape match, that thing got destroyed. Infernape vs Luxray was pretty good, but I felt like it could have been better. When Infernape activated Blaze and started walking towards Ash, I thought he was going to go ape sh*t on him, but luckily he's learned how to control it which is great and will definitely help Ash in the league. I was actually surprised that Volkner didn't use his Raichu, considering it's his oldest pokemon, I would have liked to see it in action (but not against Pikachu). Overall, this episode was good but I felt like the pacing of the battles could have gone a little better.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
At least it;s finally nice to see that Ash has gotten is last badge and everything.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Wait! No Raichu? What the hell?

Atleast no Pikachu vs. Raichu showdown. But i thought Electivire was Volkner's last pokemon. Meaning Pikachu had the chance to star. But atleast it defeated an Elekid family member for the first time!

And i told you so! Jasmine will reappear after the Gym Battle!
Seems like they threw you through a loop! Isn't nice not having such a cliched match-up?

What a crazy fight. The pacing sucked, but those attacks looked like they hurt. That Gym arena got torn to pieces (except after Torterra's Rock Climb, when it politely sunk back into the ground). But the floor, the ceiling, even the walls got busted. No place was safe!

Also, Ash digs a little Monkey Love it would seem.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
That was a great final gym battle, although it didn't really feel as far up there with the 8th badges of Johto and Hoenn. It kinda sucks though that Torterra didn't even get a single victory in the gym even though type wise, he had the advantage. He didn't even get to be in the end badge pose.

I was kinda disappointed that Volkner didn't use his Raichu though in the battle despite it having been hyped up as his partner pokemon. In fact even stranger was that it was literally nowhere to be seen the entire episode. But I gotta say, the end of the battle was great how Infernape walked over to Ash, Ash wouldn't budge and then Infernape nods to Ash and "Greatest Everyday" starts playing. Hopefully this marks that Infernape has mastered its Blaze, though its convenient how when they mentioned the past times Blaze happened, they failed to remember the one time during the full battle between Ash and Paul that he didn't go out of control.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
It looks like Sunyshore Gym got some nice instant-repair floors and walls and ceilings since the Sunyshore Tower incident. Seriously, these gyms better have some darn good insurance after all the damage that gets done to them.

This battle was pretty bland until Luxray was summoned. I didn't care for Dr. Electivire's repetitive attack pattern, and Jolteon and Torterra could have benefited from maybe a bit more screentime (although if they didn't have enough time for those two, what makes you people believe they could have crammed Raichu into this thing?), but the battle really took an upswing at Pikachu vs. Luxray. Like others, I find it likely that this marks the end of Infernape's Blaze issues, which is good since we haven't heard the end of it since Paul's flashback in the Hearthome tag battle, nearly 130 episodes ago.

This wasn't quite as good as Clair's or Juan's battles, although I think Maylene was the only gym battle this saga that did hold a candle to those. Over time it gets harder to "wow" me with a gym or contest battle, so this - at bare minimum - at least got the job done.

Dax

Legend
Good battle but the pacing ruined it. It was rushed, I didn't quite have time to capture what was happening.

Ash called Torterra and before I could say BOOYA!!! it was gone. Not that I ever say BOOYA !!! in real life.

Same with Jolteon. "Oh my goodness it's Jol... Wait, where did it go!?!"

Congrats to Pikachu, about time you defeated a member of the Elekid family.

I loved how Infernape hugged Ash. It was a really nice moment to see. It almost felt like Infernape was thanking Ash for training him to master Blaze.

Mocker

If that wasn't the best moment so far in Sinnoh I don't have a clue what is. The whole Blaze thing was handled perfectly in my opinion. A really touching moment between Ash and Infernape.

And WOW! What a Flame Wheel! Poor Paul I say...

uber gon

Accept Change
Imagine how strong some of the more advanced Fire attacks will be with that Blaze.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It was great to see Pikachu smack down Electivire I mean really great. I wish Torterra got at least one win but oh well. Infernape was so cool that I don't even care that it hogged the gym battle win. Blaze on for Infernape, the monkey is ready to beat down it's opponent's at the league.