• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World! (647)

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Whats the scanner say about Infernape’s power level? Its over 9000!

…Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Once again Infernape stole the show and acted liked a total beast while doing it. That was an impressive battle. I feel sorry for Torterra, being shafted so Infernape gets more time to shine. Would it have been so bad if Torterra beat Jolteon and then lost to Electivire? I know Torterra has a quad weakness to ice, but it also has a strong defense, at least in the games.

Electivire looks like a monkey when it is running around. It looks hilarious! It is nice that Pikachu finally beats a member of the Elekid family. The way Infernape KO’d Jolteon looked painful, crashing into the ceiling. It reminds me of how Ursaring tried to drown Pikachu. It was still a decent, if short battle.

For some reason, Flint likes to talk with his mouth closed. It’s weird; Is he just mumbling, or doing some Japanese thing I know nothing about? I must say though, I love the robot’s voice; robotic, but dignified.

Finally, we get to Team Rocket. Enjoy them while you can, before Best Wishes replaces them with unfunny clones. I love Team Rocket’s comedy, giving needed comedy to an otherwise serious battle episode. I wonder why the animators like to give them fluffy hair when shocked, cause they’ve been doing it a lot.

All in all, a fine episode where Ash gets his last badge and Infernape learns self control. It would be nice to have seen Raichu battle and have Torterra not be a loser for Infernape’s benefit, but beggars can’t be choosers.

In other news, the commercials tell me we are having a Pokémon Marathon. By the looks of it, It will be all are Pokémon Ranger episodes.

Torpoleon

I'm glad that Ash got his Last Sinnoh Region Badge. I also like how Infernape can now go into his Legendary Super Saiyan State and still be in control! That will really help out in the future! Pikachu finally takes down a Pokémon from the Elekid Line. Too bad Torterra didn't get a win in, although he tried his best that's for sure. I mean really. How could he compete with a move that he has a 4x Weakness too? Either way, I still loved the episode.
10/10
Next stop: Lily of the Valley Island! (Pretty good name for the Sinnoh League I guess)

yeminied

I cannot understand how so many of you guys could like this episode. To me it was a really poor one.

Voice acting was terrible, for both humans and Pokémon.
Who talks they was Volkner or Flint do. I realise they might be new to voice acting and you have to start somewhere but it is their job and they should at least do a decent job of it.
Jolteon, Luxray and Infernape have awful dub voices. Maybe this is what the dub has fallen to but surely they could do good job of their voices. Pikachu has a really good voice and Ikue Ohtani does a wonderful job with him. If only the Japanese could make the voices because it's clear whoever does them now cannot.

Animation was good and bad in places, mostly bad. It's difficult to explain it to you but the way Torterra in particular came out of its Pokéball is not normal. It just kind of appeared where the ball landed, if you look closesly you might see what I'm going on about. Shock wave was more like thunder wave, it really didn't seem that powerful.
On the other hand the parts with Infernape's blaze and fire attacks was really well done.

I can't think of any more and I need to go but in my opinion this was a bad to borderline episode. It's unfortunate Ash's final gym battle was botched up by the dub, voices, and animé writers, animation.

I would have to give this 5/10. It was really mediocre and dissappointing.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The only major thing I didnt like about the episode was the lack of Volkner's Raichu. I really wanted a 4 on 4, but eh. I was thinking they mustve planned one, like how Candice was 4 on 4. But seems "Rush City" is coming to the series to wrap DP up quickly.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
o this was the much-anticipated eighth and last gym battle against Volkner.

I've got to admit that in retrospect the battle indeed seemed a little bit rushed and I also wished that it had been a two-parter, but maybe the writers' reasoning was that considering that Volkner already got two episodes dedicated to himself, they couldn't drag out the gym battle anymore. I do understand what made the writers decide this way, but still I think that their decision was neither reasonable nor wise. Considering that Flint will have 4 episodes under his belt after next week's episode (and will even get a 5th one where, however, he'll lose to the one and only Queen and supreme Master of Pokemon!) they could as well have given Volkner a third episode and us a longer gym battle.
Nevertheless, the battle, albeit a little bit short, was epic! Living up to my expectations of what makes a great final gym battle, it can rightly be called a worthy battle for the last badge.
Torterra losing was predictable, Pikachu could hold its own and did an awesome job, but it was thanks to Infernape that the episode was purely epic.
That scene in which the lights went out and Infernape's eyes started glowing red and it turned into a flaming inferno so that you could have gotten the impression that it was a frightening creature from hell itself, that scene was E.P.I.C
But that's not all: INFERNape was then walking towards Ash in a way that sure made me worry about our trainer from Pallet Town and while it was fighting against Luxray, it had one of the most frightening but at the same time most epic and impressive voices in the whole Pokemon Anime!

And another great aspect of this week's episode was the fact that Ash or rather Infernape dominated the last fight, making it a clear victory for a change. Usually Ash wins with (great) difficulty, but this time there was no doubt at all that he really deserved the badge!

What I didn't like, however, was Flint smiling through gritted teeth so often. Don't get me wrong, I really like the character of Flint, but those scenes were so unfitting! As if they wanted to poke fun at him, because they showed him in that awkward pose! You don't do that to Elite Four members, did you hear me ?! Really, the writers could have spared us that!

And last but not least, I have to say that Team Rocket's line were great today. Especially their remarks about perms, beauty parlors and rubber rooms were hilarious and cracked me up.

A fantastic, action-packed and exciting, but, above all, epic Pokemon episode! It's those awe-inspiring scenes like Infernape activating its Blaze and looking freaking awesome that I want to see more often in Pokemon

9 out of 10 points

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I cannot understand how so many of you guys could like this episode. To me it was a really poor one.

Voice acting was terrible, for both humans and Pokémon.
Who talks they was Volkner or Flint do. I realise they might be new to voice acting and you have to start somewhere but it is their job and they should at least do a decent job of it.
Jolteon, Luxray and Infernape have awful dub voices. Maybe this is what the dub has fallen to but surely they could do good job of their voices. Pikachu has a really good voice and Ikue Ohtani does a wonderful job with him. If only the Japanese could make the voices because it's clear whoever does them now cannot.

Animation was good and bad in places, mostly bad. It's difficult to explain it to you but the way Torterra in particular came out of its Pokéball is not normal. It just kind of appeared where the ball landed, if you look closesly you might see what I'm going on about. Shock wave was more like thunder wave, it really didn't seem that powerful.
On the other hand the parts with Infernape's blaze and fire attacks was really well done.

I can't think of any more and I need to go but in my opinion this was a bad to borderline episode. It's unfortunate Ash's final gym battle was botched up by the dub, voices, and animé writers, animation.

I would have to give this 5/10. It was really mediocre and dissappointing.

I'm in 100% agreement! The DP series maybe a memorable one in the end on the plus side but on the minus side, it was hard to watch episodes at times because of the lame dialogue and voice actors and sometimes the animations. And TR's corny a**es! I'm not sure how I'll feel about Best Wishes TR, but Sinnohs TR definitely annoying the hell outta me!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a very good episode. It was also one of Ash's more intense battles. Perhaps the excitement made it go fast, but it seems that the battles were kinda rushed.

TheNewGuy

This makes me concerned about other badass moments in the rest of the league. I won't spoil that for people who don't want to be.

Yes, very concerning. I hope they don't use that rubbish music instead of the English version of Type:Wild =(

Still, not unhappy with the dub in the end. Apart from every attack being preceeded by "alright, use _____", but I'm not sure that can be helped.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Okay, what was up with all the growly noises the Pokemon make? (Electivire, Jolteon, Infernape, and possibly Luxray and Torterra as well.) It's like this episode was made in the 90's by Rob Liefeld, except without the overabundance of muscles, pouches, or impossible spines for Dawn, although Brock is the perfect example of Youngblood's Disease. Speaking of which, what the hell was up with his pose in the final shot? It looks like he got high during the battle and was expressing it in the shot.

Also, that is not a Flame Wheel. That is a Flame Monster Truck Tire. Plus, what's up with Flint talking through his teeth? Has he suddenly become Bubs?

poizonsting

Pokemon master
There goes the monkey on steroid going psycho again. Over-exaggeration much? There was no need to make a hole in the wall and blast off the ceiling with Flamethrower as they were completely redundant. The battle between Pikachu and Electivire was okay though.

Not a very interesting episode: 1/10

Candy-Sama

Kawaii Power
Infernape's Blaze was awesome and all, but the whole episode just didn't feel as interesting as it should have. The robot/referee's voice got kind of annoying, and so did Volker's constant comments about how much fun he was having and how Ash is a great battler and blah, blah, blah.

Ash trying to control Infernape was so horribly cheesy. I am now almost dreading the league.

Vernikova

Champion
There goes the monkey on steroid going psycho again. Over-exaggeration much? There was no need to make a hole in the wall and blast off the ceiling with Flamethrower as they were completely redundant.

I agree. While it was nice to see Infernape being able to control Blaze it did feel like it was a cheap way to end the battle quickly since it just seemed like Jolteon was dominated after that. While the beginning of the battle was well done the end was very rushed and for lack of a better word cheap.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
This would've gotten a 10.5/10 if it wasn't for the amount of time it took to get the badge

7.5/10

poizonsting

Pokemon master
If you watch the battle clearly, you'd see that had the lights not gone off, Luxray would've finished off Infernape. The lights going off was what gave Ash the badge.

Not only that, didn't they mention before that Volkner was undefeated ever since he became the gym leader? So Ash beating Volkner (along with Infernape taking down his 2 Pokemon) did seem rather cheap as if the writers had forced those wins on Infernape. I was hoping that Ash would ultimately lose to Volkner, but he would give the badge to Ash nonetheless for the good/memorable battle.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Not only that, didn't they mention before that Volkner was undefeated ever since he became the gym leader? So Ash beating Volkner (along with Infernape taking down his 2 Pokemon) did seem rather cheap as if the writers had forced those wins on Infernape. I was hoping that Ash would ultimately lose to Volkner, but he would give the badge to Ash nonetheless for the good/memorable battle.

That wouldn't make sense. That would mean all of the participants at the Sinnoh League beat Volkner after Ash beat him. So all of the participants were training for a month or less if they did. Or they got the badge before he re-opened the gym post-repairs and would make for less than worthy opponents in the league. Trying to refrain from talking about the league because I know some people purposely don't watch the japanese episodes.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
That wouldn't make sense. That would mean all of the participants at the Sinnoh League beat Volkner after Ash beat him. So all of the participants were training for a month or less if they did. Or they got the badge before he re-opened the gym post-repairs and would make for less than worthy opponents in the league. Trying to refrain from talking about the league because I know some people purposely don't watch the japanese episodes.

Actually that would make perfect sense. I reckon that Volkner got so bored of winning against every challengers that he lost interest in battling and decided to let any challengers take his gym badges for free, until he got all fired up about battling again when he witnessed the fighting spirit of Ash that eventually reminded of Volkner's own past. Not like the other opponents in the league getting a badge without fight would make them less worthy since they still had to earn 7 other badges. I also heard this one time in the show (probably in Kanto) that apart from the 8 gyms Ash decides to compete there are other gyms for battle too, but the show chooses to stick to the gyms available in the games.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash getting a pity badge from the eigth gym leader of a region would be rediculious, Jaun was a grand festival winner for crying out loud and Ash managed to beat him, besides think about the following things.

Electrivire and Jolteon only used two moves each, and in the formers case it didn't use ANY electrical moves.

Luxray had also sustained some damage from Pikachu as well, thier wasn't anything cheap about this fight unless your just plain biased towards one pokemon or another.