• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World! (647)

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Ash getting a pity badge from the eigth gym leader of a region would be rediculious, Jaun was a grand festival winner for crying out loud and Ash managed to beat him, besides think about the following things.

Electrivire and Jolteon only used two moves each, and in the formers case it didn't use ANY electrical moves.

Luxray had also sustained some damage from Pikachu as well, thier wasn't anything cheap about this fight unless your just plain biased towards one pokemon or another.

Gym-style battle and contest-style battle are two different approaches of battling. Consider this scenario: Drew beat Ash, May beat Drew, therefore, shouldn't May be able to beat Ash by using simple logic? No, May tied with Ash. So clearly, there is no definite sequence in these kind of battles.

Anyway, back on topic. Luxray was already weakened by Pikachu. I don't see why Infernape needed Blaze - besides vandalizing Volkner's gym as well - to beat Luxray. That, and Ash pulled a win against Volkner out of the blue when Volkner was undefeated since he became the gym leader. If they don't illustrate how cheap the battle is, and Infernape's win against Luxray/Jolteon aren't forced, I don't know what is.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
How it turned out was how they wrote it. They could've wrote that Pikachu beat Electivire, Torterra beat Jolteon and in a long battle wish Ash having an "ah-ha!" moment, Infernape beat Luxray. It's just the writing.

We don't know for sure either what would have happened or how the match would have turned out if the lights hadn't gone off. Just because how they wrote it doesn't mean writing materials can't be cheap. I'd go on and give you some examples from the league, but I'm feeling a bit irresolute to talk about it.

Rebeccag

Glad that Ash won although Infernape won it for him. Im so glad Infernape activated Blaze that was just so epic and hopefully now it can show Paul just what he is made of at the Sinnoh league. Cannot wait for the sinnoh league episodes. Oh and Team Rocket were funny as well loved the curly hair

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Well, pretty cool ep. The battle wasn't all that good but it was nice, I just loved how Infernape activated its blaze ability, it was so badass, Luxray was pwned hard alright. Though I didn't like it that Torterra was defeated so easily, the writers could've atleast made it last a bit longer, its match just ended way too soon IMO -.- I was also quite disappointed that Pikachu didn't win a single gym 4 Ash in Sinnoh but atleast it finally beated one of the Ele's line

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I was also quite disappointed that Pikachu didn't win a single gym 4 Ash in Sinnoh but atleast it finally beated one of the Ele's line

Didn't Pikachu also beat Roark's Onix during their rematch, and Crasher Wake's Gyarados?

Brumrha

Banned
Dammit... time is going too fast & I'm getting lazier by the second...

So it looks like everyone has heard the word out on the street, & because of that, there's a line out the door of the Sunyshore Gym, but Ash gets first crack at him.

All in all, the gym fight was great, especially the fact that Infernape finally got his berzerker's rage that comes with its Blaze ability under control. Even though he won, it was far from flawless, which has me doubting that he has spent his excess amouny of time prior to this fight wisely...

darksteel460

slice and dice
i agree with articuno_rocks and i also dont really like how blaze seems to happen kind of often i know it hasnt been alot but it just seems kinda often

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I liked the gym battle. I know Ash ended up winnin with blaze, but at least Infernape did not lose control of it. Infernape used it to its advantage this time.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
The battle between Luxray and Infernape was so amazing. After blaze was activated Infernape just crushed Luxray like a bug. It couldn't do anything to Infernape

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
The battle between Luxray and Infernape was so amazing. After blaze was activated Infernape just crushed Luxray like a bug. It couldn't do anything to Infernape

I agree, it was a great battle! Infernape was shown to be a great powerhouse pokemon in Sinnoh! Thats why I am such a Huge fan of him!

Didn't like:
-Ash is using again a power failure to win a battle
-Torterra didn't show at the end
-Infernape beat Luxray, too bad Pikachu didn't
-I think the Blaze issue should've ended in this episode, but I'm not so sure if it will return
-Where's Raichu?

Responses to bold:
1.) *sarcastically* Gee, I wonder where we've seen that before?
2.) Yeah, I kind of expected him to use his Raichu as well.

one month. wasn't it what flint/volkner said to ash at the end of the last episode?

If there is anything Ash should learn from this battle, it's Torterra needs a good ground type move. I am not too sure, but it seems to me that 'rock-climb' is being used as a ground type move in the anime.........anyone else gets that feeling?

I kind of got an idea that they could make Rock Climb a ground-type move in a future Pokemon game.

Infernape has finally control his Blaze ability, which led to Ash's victory. I was happy that Volkner was using his Platinum team because it's really awkward to see him use an Octillery. One thing I'm disappointed is the lack of Volkner's Raichu, just whatever happened him? I guess the writers were aware of his tier position in competitive play.

Say what?
In Diamond/Pearl Volkner has an Octillery on his team? But Octillery's a water type isn't it?

For some reason, Flint likes to talk with his mouth closed. It’s weird; Is he just mumbling, or doing some Japanese thing I know nothing about? I must say though, I love the robot’s voice; robotic, but dignified.

Yeah, what was up with that?

That scene in which the lights went out and Infernape's eyes started glowing red and it turned into a flaming inferno so that you could have gotten the impression that it was a frightening creature from hell itself, that scene was E.P.I.C
But that's not all: INFERNape was then walking towards Ash in a way that sure made me worry about our trainer from Pallet Town and while it was fighting against Luxray, it had one of the most frightening but at the same time most epic and impressive voices in the whole Pokemon Anime!

I agree! that scene was epic and scary!
As soon as I saw Infernape's glowing red eyes I was like O___O!
His voice in that state was just freaky beyond belief!
I was pretty sure Ash was was done for when Infernape as walking toward him like that!
Awesome to see that Infernape FINALLY has his blaze ability under control. Look out Paul, there's one bad*** demon-spawn monkey heading your way! Watch out!

Onwards to the Sinnoh League!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. It was great that Infernape finally Mastered its Blaze ability and had it under control. Torterra didn't do very well against Electivire's Ice Punch and Fire Punch attacks. It was great to see Pikacu finally take down an Electivre, this time with an Iron Tail attack to the head. Pikachu really got knocked out easily by Luxray who is really strong. It was cool to see Infernape defeat Jolteon with a Mach Punch attack. It was awesome to see Infernape knock out Luxray with an extremely powerful Flame Wheel. I'm glad Ash finally won his 8th and Final Badge. It was cool to see Thunder Fang for the 1st time.

99/100

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah yes, Ash finally gets his eighth badge against Mr. Emo. :p Sorry, but I've never really liked Volkner.

6/10

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Awesome episode! Really great, fun battle to watch. It was so heartwarming when Infernape managed to stay calm even with Blaze - the hug with Ash when they won was adorable, it made me feel really proud of Infernape and what he's accomplished. So excited for the League now!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pretty epic battle especially when the power goes out and Infernapes blaze was activated. It was pretty awesome on how the rest of the battle went after that. 10/10

jrizza88

Meteorite
I didn't liked the fact that Infernape starred again in this gym battle, Pikachu should've been the star.

Agreed. At least one of the gyms should have been taken away from it so that Pikachu or Staraptor could have starred. Perhaps if this was a 4 on 4 battle with Pikachu, Torterra and Infernape getting the wins, with Gible being the fall guy would have worked. Raichu could have been the 4th pokemon that Torterra takes down, without having to include a pikachu vs Raichu battle.

JudySpell

Banned
Volkner using Jolteon was a strange choice. He should've used his Raichu since that was his 1st and likely strongest Pokemon. Alas Infernape was savage. 6.5/10