• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Originally Posted by RobertStyx
I was considering getting this, but I doubt my computer would be able to run it. Plus, I think I might just wait for the Game of the Year edition that is inevitably going to come out in a year or two with all the expansions for it. That way I don't get shafted by the expansions and only pay what the game is actually worth, rather than two to three times that due to the expansions.

I'll be doing this for the PC as well. But for Xbox, I'm getting it for Christmas.

Gen. I

Veteran Trainer
I was thinking about getting it for PC but my desktop is never going to run it. I was getting a laptop anyway so can someone tell me if they think this one will run Skyrim well. Here's the link for it, I plan on getting the i5 core but other than that I'm taking all the most basic options.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
RECOMMENDED
Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4 GB System RAM
6 GB free HDD space
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

MINIMUM
Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor
2 GB System RAM
6 GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

I was thinking about getting it for PC but my desktop is never going to run it. I was getting a laptop anyway so can someone tell me if they think this one will run Skyrim well. Here's the link for it, I plan on getting the i5 core but other than that I'm taking all the most basic options.

Dual Core.
Dual Core.
Dual Core.
I'll say it one more time.
Dual Core.
Quad recommended.
I'm running it on this and can play it with all the settings on Medium with very little frame drop.

So I fought my first random Dragon during class tonight. Oh my Godddd the thing wouldn't die. I had three random guys fighting it with me, as well as a Mudcrab. It was so cash. Ancient Nord Bow + Steel Arrows + Dual Lighting + FUS RO DAAAAAAHHHHH = 10 minutes to kill a dragon.

DragonKingUK

Dragon King
I go skyrim and the game guide for christmas cant wait to go on it as soon as its christmas am gonna rip it open and put it in the xbox ive watched my bro play it it great

ssjtidus

Man, the giants in this game are such a pain to kill. Is anyone else having framerate issues on the console version?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Man, the giants in this game are such a pain to kill. Is anyone else having framerate issues on the console version?

Whenever I see a giant camp I run. Especially with mammoths. And I occasionally get some framerate issues, but it's generally not a big deal.

I got my first random dragon encounter today. It was as soon as I exited the automaton glacial ruins. Fighting a dragon on a rickety wood bridge in the middle of a blizzard. I love this game.

ssjtidus

I honestly can't stop playing this game. It's too addicting. I don't think I've ever pulled all nighters playing a video game before but this game has changed that. Probably not healthy.

Also, frost troll can go die in a fire. Made me have to switch the combat setting to apprentice.

Last edited:

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Whenever I see a giant camp I run. Especially with mammoths. And I occasionally get some framerate issues, but it's generally not a big deal.

I got my first random dragon encounter today. It was as soon as I exited the automaton glacial ruins. Fighting a dragon on a rickety wood bridge in the middle of a blizzard. I love this game.

Did you kill it?

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer

I play on adpet, and I don't change it at all....anyways, I was level 12 before I could kill a giant by myself. Currently level 15 and have killed 9 dragons

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Did you kill it?

Yep, but I haven't killed any since. I've seen two (one near Windhelm and one near Silent Moon's Camp) but they didn't land or notice me.

Has anyone completed Labrinthyian? It's bull****.

Zekrom77

Light the Way
I just beat the main story...pretty good ending

mycooly

Banned
This game is awesome!
Just finished the Companions, I found that super awesome

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Just rented Skyrim Today, to give Elder Scrolls a 2nd chance after, Oblivion was horrible.

Since Oblivion's Main Story seemed so short, how long would yall say Skyrims Main Story is?

mycooly

Banned
Just rented Skyrim Today, to give Elder Scrolls a 2nd chance after, Oblivion was horrible.

Since Oblivion's Main Story seemed so short, how long would yall say Skyrims Main Story is?

Well the game itself is 300+ hours long
the Main Story was short, but worth playing!

ssjtidus

About 20 hours into the game.
Level 14, almost 15.
I do too much exploring, not enough questing.
Me too. I seldom use the fast-travel option because I like to explore. Bethesda has done a fantastic job with the environment and I love traversing through all the expanses.

This game is awesome!
Just finished the Companions, I found that super awesome

Did you take the Wuuthrad back from the pedestal after finishing the quest like I did? XD

mycooly

Banned
You can do that?!?! XD
well Im a one handed person so id have no use for it:p