1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Electrike Company (510)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl' started by Serebii, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Electrike Practice Centre!

On their way to the next city, Ash & Co. meet a trainer who is wanting to train his Electrike up to impress a nearby trainer who has a stronger one. Ash & co are eager to help the trainer and the Electrike. However, Team Rocket are nearby and want the Electrike. Can Ash & Co help train the Electrike enough to stop Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

People were expecting this to be a filler, it was better than that. It's not every day you see two members of Team Rocket decide to HELP with the Pokemon du jour.

The stop-and-start motto performance was funny too.

3. scissorX

scissorX Well-Known Member

I've only seen the pics so far, and the episode looks pretty funny.

What happened with the Electrike guy and Staravia at the start?

4. Geodude

While relaxing, the gang was suddenly attacked by an upset Electrike who was running blindly at them and firing off random Thunder attacks. Ash got hit by one of them. Staravia just happened to be right next to him. Then the breeder guy caught up to Electrike, apologized, introduced himself, and explained what was going on.

5. Kazuki Mirai

Kazuki Mirai Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha. Ash sure gets electrocuted a lot in this episode.

James and Meowth decided to help Electrike themselves while Jessie is left as the usual villain to try and steal it. That break the chain.

Say, what attacks did Electrike used again? I can't tell from the screenshots.

6. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

While I still don't see where the idea of showcasing a random Hoenn Pokemon came from, I was honestly expecting this episode to be worse. While TR can be, admittedly, obnoxious at times, it's moments like these that make me glad they're still on the show. Some of the greatest moments come from times when the main gang and the Rockets work together. And that motto was damn funny, especially with the theme music suddenly winding down each time James spoke. Speaking of music, wasn't that a Movie 9 track that played after Electrike evolved? About time.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  7. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

This episode proves one thing...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/Tar.png

The gang shops at Target.

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I believe Yuusuke (the filler dude) was talking about how awesome Staravia was, and wanted to make out with it on the spot.

But I could be wrong.

8. pipersgirl™

pipersgirl™ <This girl rocks!!

Eh, this episode looks ok to me. My extreme hatred for all Hoenn pokemon is one of the reasons I will probaby hate this ep, but like ya'll said up yonder(Im trying it out), I will watch it due to TR love of being cuuurazy, and suprising us time after time.....wow, I just had a flashback while writing this about Napoleon Dynamite..

9. pikablue

pikablue ooh, pretty colors!

i just saw the screenshots, but I'm lost.. what were james and meowth depressed during the motto, and WHY did they help the gang with training and from Jessie?

10. Geodude

Because they were touched by how Pikachu was helping Electrike and how it was trying so hard and stuff.

11. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Maybe SHOCK WAVE, or DISCHARGE.

12. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Is it really that hard to let someone who actually saw the episode answer instead of wasting time with random guesses?

Anyway, Yusuke's Rakurai used Charge and Thunderbolt, while the leader's used Charge and Thunder. After evolving, Yusuke's Livolt used Charge and Thunder as well.

13. Poor Ash--been a while since he's been specifically shocked this many times. No wonder he was scared to be a moving bullseye(even though I bet it was rubber-coated).

I dunno either, but I'm glad they got a chance to properly showcase Electrike(you think PUSA can utilize the neat effect to its dub voice, like in the Mauville Gym episode[ultimately forgotten in the rematch since it only appeared for 30 seconds]?). OMG, Iwane made it so cute~:3

14. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

shinx/luxio could have easily replaced electrike

15. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

That was THUNDER!!!??!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  16. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

Most fashionable jackets ever. Or to be more accurate...dem jackets be stylin', yo!

I've only had the chance to look through pics of this ep so far, but...is it just me, or did Electrike look a tad off in this episode? Maybe I'm just not used to seeing it in the anime since it had all of half an episode to itself in Houen, give or take a few fifths of an ep.

TR(well, the male portion of it) deciding to help Electrike out was unexpected, but then again, James was always a softie and Meowth...is rather unpredictable. And of course, Jessie had to come in with her...pink ballerina robot?...to ruin everything.

17. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

The mechas are getting kinda disturbing lately.

18. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

in my opinon the episode was ok and just a filler. was electrike/manetric using thunder wave it just seems that all the electrike so far have all been using thunder wave as a offensive move like wattson's

19. Surreal

Surreal DIRTY HACKERS

I really underestimated this episode. It was really good. I love how Electrike's attacks always hit Ash.

What's next? A NEKKID BURMEE?

20. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

A pink robot is disturbing? Are you serious?
    Even James´ breasts weren´t disturbing...Maybe you should switch the channels more often and look what other programs offer.
    Bare breasts in commercials ,anyone?