• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The End is Nigh!

tomthepom

Now that I have your attention, welcome to my third thread.

I haven't really sprited much over the passed few months, but today I decided I would and this is what I got. It's just a basic trainer edit with minor scratching.

CilanFemale.png

I know it may be a bit disturbing to some, but crit would be great. Not really planning on doing too many of these, I just wanted to try and get into spriting Trainers.

DarkyWyvern

Reckless Trainer
I like it!
Although, the shade under her breast is missing. You don't have too add a lot since she seems to wear lika a AA-A or maybe B bra, but it will more define it.

Also, her face is too large for a girl IMO. Reduce it from like 1-2 pixels.

Lastly, don't add the glow around your sprites because when we criticize them it's harder to see the outline

tomthepom

Awesome, thanks for the crit. I quickly made the changes, hopefully this is one if better. I don't know if you've noticed or not but the black only has 2 shades so I've tried to shade the breast area as best as possible.

CilanFemale-1.png

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Looks like mostly everything has been said about that one sprite, but IMO she shouldn't be wearing pants. To make it look more "girly".

tomthepom

Did a fusion, not quite sure how the shading on the cannon should go, some crit on it would be great.

FusionDone.png

tomthepom

Voltorb, Heatmor, Electivire, Koffing, Weezing and Blastoise.

Last edited:

tomthepom

So after getting some awesome crit for my last bit of work and taking a break for a while. I decided a few days ago to do a simple 2-Pkmn fusion of Munchlax and Cherubi.

iaza11353687947000.gif

kamionero

These are very cool!
To be honest, i'd love to see all gen 5 gym leaders gender swapped lol. Itd be very interesting!

Bert

Untitled
Honestly, the lack of helpful C&C in this thread (and pretty much any thread lately) is absolutely disturbing -.-"
Sure, it looks great but you could also try telling people why it's great and if/how they can improve on it. Please help make this forum a better place.

Your fusion looks amazing, it really does. I had a really hard time figuring out which pokémon you used (I actually failed and had to check on your post to know ^_^) which in itself shows how good it really is. One problem I see with it is the belly though, the two different shades of red aren't easy to distinguish (at least not on my screen) which makes it look a bit flat. The same goes for the white, which makes it harder to point out shading flaws since it takes some focus to see the shading :p. From what I can tell the shading is only slightly off here and there and if you tried more distinguished shades of gray it'd be easier for everyone to see how to make it better. However, I took a closer look at it (I zoomed in on my paint) and I think personally what could help is making the highlighted part a bit smaller, not shading the gray stripe but ending the white shading just above it and then adding another piece of highlighted shading under the gray stripe, but in a very vertical way and pretty much at the left edge of the arm, so it looks like a perfectly round cannon. It's jsut an idea of mine which may or may not work, you could try it out :). The overall design, coloration and technical work on this sprite is abso-****ing-lutely fantastic though, I really think it's about the best sprite I've seen since I came back here. The choice of Voltorb for the color scheme was a genious idea. It's a shame you're not showing off more work ^_^. May I ask, though, how much of the added pieces and patterns are scratch? I'd say from intuition 100% or slightly less but I'm not familiar with 5th-gen sprites so I don't recognize C/P parts that easily.

Your Cherubi/Munchlax thing is pretty great as well, however I think it doesn't really stand out when compared to that other sprite. You kept it simple (just like on the trainer, and I like spriters who can keep things simple) and didn't make any obvious flaw but the concept is just not as brilliant as the other one.

Please show me more, I am very very very impressed.

Edit: as someone else already said, please do not add white glow to your sprites. It looks all cool and shiny but it's harder for us to C&C since we're getting blinded by it. Cheers.

Last edited:

tomthepom

That was exactly the kind of criticism I've been looking, thank you Bert and Kamionero for the compliments.

@Kamionero, I'm planning on doing the rest of them at some point but spriting takes a lot of effort for me to do since I get discouraged from it easily, so with patience they'll all be done someday.

@Bert, I've gone back an looked at Voltorbs official sprites and adjusted the shading to fit with that more, it seems I was used a shade of red that GameFreak was using as an in-between shade for lots of areas.
I've had a go at redoing the shading on the cannon to the best of your description, as for the scratched parts I'm going to have to say around 80%. The arm cannon and mask-face-thing is scratched.
- The patterns on the body are edited from Electivire as well as the leads from the vents.
- The vent on the right is edited from Heatmor with the extended part scratched to fit in, same with the parts on the shoulders.
- The circle is an edit of the skull on Koffing.
- The arm fire is edited from Magmortar's original left shoulder.

As I said before, I really do enjoy spriting, but it's not often that I get the inspiration to do some. Even when I do I only end up with half done designs or terrible ideas. Had an idea for a fakemon based on a Alpaca, Straw and Stilts. I'll post the updated sprites later on today.

tomthepom

Haven't really had the time to sprite over the last few months, it's also a huge pain with using a HD tv as a screen which hurts my eyes to stare at small pixels. So here is the most plain pokemon sprite I've ever done. It's not meant to be complicated. It started off as a fusion and I'm slowly turning it into a fakemon named Playn. Playn is a normal type that only appears in winter and even then is a rare site.

Playn.gif

Crit would be good. I've also included a blue and pink version to see things in more detail.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
sorry that U don't give criticism...but your fakemon is really good! I'd like to guess it's made from Feraligatr, Abra, Skarmory and some other pokemon...