• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The end of an era or the end?

Will the show permanently end when Journey is over?

• Yes, it will

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • No, it won't

Votes: 57 90.5%

• Total voters

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't want his journey to end like this, the series Journey has treated him like crap. If any series would have been a perfect conclusion for Ash it should have been XY that had the perfect set up, he would have had it all

- Got the girl

- Won the league

- Respected by many

It was like XY was setting up but than they backed off like cowards and let that one guy win the league instead. I'd rather Ash loose to Leo than leave here.

I don't want his journey to end like this, the series Journey has treated him like crap. If any series would have been a perfect conclusion for Ash it should have been XY that had the perfect set up, he would have had it all

- Got the girl

- Won the league

- Respected by many

It was like XY was setting up but than they backed off like cowards and let that one guy win the league instead. I'd rather Ash loose to Leo than leave here.
EXACTLY

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think a lot of people vicariously live through ash as in he's a remnant of their childhood they don't want to part with. Which explains why they don't want him to go away. Yeah growing up sucks but living in the past doesn't help either.
We all need a coping mechanism to survive these trying times…

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pazudora just had the main character defend his title and lose (after a heated battle). Honestly, if Pokémon gets Ash to beat Leon just to be beaten by someone else later in the road as well as PaD did, then, yeah, Ash can win the PWC and remain being our lead.

SatoSereFan224888

Lemme guess his daughter Luna or whatever her name was that you previously invented?
That would be how I’d like to see the writers go.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Lemme guess his daughter Luna or whatever her name was that you previously invented? :p

Just reboot the series or have Ash accept challenges from other trainers who want to take his title. Seems easy enough.
If they do make challengers to his title, they should do it like the opening to the first Pokemon movie and have Ash's less-used Pokemon defeat each challenger's ones with ease to showcase Ash is still OP

colomb

"Ash is never leaving" reminds me of "Ash can't win a league" or "Team Rocket's screen time can't be reduced because they're so super popular."

People say "Pikachu is the franchise mascot" as if all Japan is suddenly going to forget what Pikachu is if a show that only has a tiny fraction of its former viewership ends.

Gamefreak could very well make a game that wouldn't make sense for the anime to adapt. Or perhaps TPC will get with the times and realize that the way people consume entertainment has changed and we get separate shows for different age groups.

I wonder if that Netflix deal includes some new animated content in addition to the live-action show.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gamefreak could very well make a game that wouldn't make sense for the anime to adapt.
Then the anime does its own thing again. Either distributing the new pokémon around the various avaliable regions or just flat out making an anime-exclusive region. Journeys made things flexible so they don't need to blindly use everything from the new games. Only elements that are convenient for their narrative

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
I think he'll leave. Someone else with a Pikachu will most probably take his place.

He's already more in the background now after XY and SM being more Ash centric. If they can manage to fade him out, then they'll replace him with either Goh or someone who looks up to him and all that.

Also to note that the target audience are children who might just forget Ash/ aren't interested in him/ just watch the show for cute pokemons. If the ratings don't plummet, they'll run with someone new.

MadaMada

Ash will probably stay, and go on adventures as usual.

Pokemon is moving towards uncharted territory, both the Anime and the games, and the Anime will reflect that.

Ever since DPPT, I have been thinking that the migration aspect of the main series games may prove to be too overwhelming to continue at some point, and GF would move towards a "let's just select from a pool of existing Pokemon, and add some new ones" when creating their games someday. Controversies aside, I was proven right when Sword and Shield came along, and GameFreak did just that. It was the most logical move afterall.

With the upcoming release of Pokemon Legends: Arceus, I am now thinking, would there even be a Generation 9 as usual? Or would they go the route of just making spin off main games? They could do Pokemon Legends: Black and White for example, then pull a Pokemon XD type of game next. If they go this route, they could continue a long time without officially increasing the Pokemon count by a huge number like they usually do for every Generation, and still keep us entertained. The 8 Gyms + E4 + Champion formula is freaking boring now to be honest.

What could this mean for the Anime? Well, the way Pokemon Journeys is setup, they could literally never end the serious, and just have Ash and Goh doing random crap depending on what game GF chooses to make for the rest of eternity. The only problem that I see here is Goh, given that his main Pokemon are the 3 Galar Region Starters, but they could easily rectify that by either introducing a more neutral Mascot Pokemon for him, like a Pichu for example OR just replace him. They could pull some crap that he needs to go on xxx region to find Mew, and give Ash another Companion. With the way Pokemon Journeys is setup, it could just run forever like the Simpsons, Southpark, or Family Guy.

Morax

King of heroes
Well, the way Pokemon Journeys is setup, they could literally never end the serious, and just have Ash and Goh doing random crap depending on what game GF chooses to make for the rest of eternity.
Are you forgetting about the PWC? It's not something you can stretch forever. Ash will most likely be the world champion at the end of this season. There's nothing more they can do with him.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Are you forgetting about the PWC? It's not something you can stretch forever. Ash will most likely be the world champion at the end of this season. There's nothing more they can do with him.
He could turn evil and take over the world.

Or he could walk off into the sunset with <Insert Preferred Ship here>

MadaMada

I am not. Just that PWC could be just an arc. They could have some time travel shenanigans, and start a literal 200 episode arc stuck in the past for example. The way journeys is setup, it could literally never end. There isn't an end goal like get the 8 badges, fight the league, game over, next region. in journeys they are researches, they don't have to stop being researchers just because pwc ends, they didn't start the region with the goal of pwc either, they were just wandering aimless for like 10 episodes.

There's literally unlimited things a person can do besides being world champion for example, but not limited to,

1. Continue being a Researchers, just travel the world and meet random people like they do for the most of the series anyway. There doesn't have to be any meaning. They could literally just have a show of just freaking fillers, introducing people and pokemon doing fun stuff.

2. Join a Detective Agency, solve some mysteries, catch some Team Rocket Grunts.

3. Chilling at Oak's, just Ash being a Mentor guiding kids at Professor Oak's lab doing fun things, but instead of being the student, he is now the mentor.

4. Time Travel, get stuck in the past, solve and learn some legendary history

5. Travel the 7 seas. A journey to 7 different islands to beat some legendary trainer, and be crowned king of the seas or some crap

Come on, this is endless. They could make pokemon an endless gag anime.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I am not. Just that PWC could be just an arc. They could have some time travel shenanigans, and start a literal 200 episode arc stuck in the past for example. The way journeys is setup, it could literally never end. There isn't an end goal like get the 8 badges, fight the league, game over, next region. in journeys they are researches, they don't have to stop being researchers just because pwc ends, they didn't start the region with the goal of pwc either, they were just wandering aimless for like 10 episodes.
This idea terrifies me