• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
Does anyone know what the HP and Speed IVs are good for?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
To be honest, I don't think there is really any need for me to vote in this round of the CCAT since the one getting the most votes right now is what I'd vote for, too. xD I'm honestly convinced Magnezone has better synergy with Mega Altaria compared to the other choices. Can't really see much downsides on this. lol

Togia

The Gawd
Does anyone know what the HP and Speed IVs are good for?

Speed is good because it's the stat that determines who attacks first which is key in certain matchups. And HP is the HP the health bar. Which is why if you look up smogon sets you'll usually find sweepers or revenge killers with max speed and tanks usually with max hp.

Marika_CZ

I wanted to vote for Exca originally but it seems it doesn't matter now :) Magnezone it is!

Also...
Point Report

Your username: Marika_CZ
Opponent: MayaWill90 (The Hoenn Triangle, IGN Williams)
W/L/D: Win (NU single)
Score: 1-0

It was a rematch too. I lost the first one, 3-0.

I forgot to record the battle for replay - so not sure if it is going to count?

EDIT - Read the rules :) If Pm confirmation is enough, I have that.

Last edited:

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
Hello.....does anyone one habe a 5IV adamant charmander with thunderpunch. I've been looking forever but with no luck. I dont have black 2 anymore otherwise id get it myself. Im willing to trade my 6IV bulbasaur for it, or any other thing in mind.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Sorry for not updating this, was feeling really upset yesterday...

ekkn3ap.png

ARE YOU READY TO DIVERGE INTO THE NEW META! LET'S GO!

With the increasing ORAS hype, The Eternian Forces will begin a CCAT in which we will create a team to be used in the current ORAS OU tier, which is bound to be the new OU tier soon. Although Smogon hasn't been focusing much on fixing up this tier, the rules are basically all the usual clauses and bans found in OU, with the addition of Move Tutor moves and new Mega Stones. No other Pokemon have been banned, however, because the evidence against it foreshadows a potential ban, we will NOT be using Salamencite. Pardon the inconvenience.

Here's our current team:
[imgsize=200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/08/334Altaria-Mega.png[/imgsize]
Puff (Altaria) @ Altarite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Dragon Claw / Outrage / Roost / Substitute

Round 2 Nominations as of now:

Gray™ said:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Nominating Magnezone as the second member since it provides great synergy with Mega-Altaria both defensively and offensive by trapping steel types such as Scizor and Skarmory.I chose the Specs Set because....well POWER.Volt switch not only hurts ALOT but in a slow pokemon such as Magnezone it lets you get a frailer pokemon out without risking too much.Hidden Power is to kill Steel types such as Ferrothorn, Excadrill(2HKO and small chance of OHKO'ing exca) and Scizor(OHKO) while Flash Cannon let's it hit Dragon and Ground types neutrally as well badly hurting Ice and Fairy types which could be a threat to Altaria.Thunderbolt acts as a more powerful Electric move without tVolt Switch's effect of forcing you to switch pokemons which can be more convenient depending the situation.
|||| |

Saph said:
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Gray made me do it. Anyways details. Exca pairs pretty well with altaria, providing good resistances as well as the ability to clear hazards for the team. Choice scarf allows it to outspeed crucial threats in the meta with no boosts, as well as scarfed mags and other things that have popped up like that.

xDIRCIOx said:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVvs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Probably the dumbest thing to see in OU because it's really dumb. Ferrothorn lays down rocks for the team to be able to sweep ezpz. Leech Seed recovers and deals damage, Thunder Wave is annoying af, and Gyro Ball because gr8 tnt b8 m8. Partners well with Altaria typewise.
|

Voting for second member has begun, ending Sunday midnight Pacific. Have fun!

Note: Here's a list of Move Tutor moves in ORAS.

Last edited:

Maker (Miguel)

-CS- 2nd Leader
Yea I need some advice... I seem to have a 6v shiny beedrill...to make it short:

Bedrill (m)
Adamant
Sniper

Ev trained and all..

sadly Unova born

Is it rnged?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yea I need some advice... I seem to have a 6v shiny beedrill...to make it short:

Bedrill (m)
Adamant
Sniper

Ev trained and all..

sadly Unova born

Is it rnged?

yes it probably is rnged since its 6 iv'd because you can't iv breed perfects on bw without rnging which its legal your fine...

also if the voting has started its a tough call i like saph and grays nomination but ill go with gray with his magnezone...

Maker (Miguel)

-CS- 2nd Leader
I knew it T.T oh well guess I'll use my 5v kalos born non shiny (T-T) Swampert on OR...at least they could've make the shiny beedrill in a cool-looking pokeball n not in a simple plain pokebal xd

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
This is an activity post, mainly because I've had very little to add in general thus far. I still don't, but whatever. I finished building an NU team for the tournament which I don't mind but I'll probably build another one just to be safe. I've done a few more battles with my ORAS OU Rain team; it's not bad but I'd like something different. Any particular Mega Evolutions standing out in the tier (don't say MegaMence or MegaGross, I highly doubt they'll be sticking around for long)?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I knew it T.T oh well guess I'll use my 5v kalos born non shiny (T-T) Swampert on OR...at least they could've make the shiny beedrill in a cool-looking pokeball n not in a simple plain pokebal xd

She said it's RNG'd, not hacked. It's fine, RNG doesn't mean hacked. It's perfectly legal. And iirc, you can't pass on Pokeball in 5th gen.

Togia

The Gawd
This is an activity post, mainly because I've had very little to add in general thus far. I still don't, but whatever. I finished building an NU team for the tournament which I don't mind but I'll probably build another one just to be safe. I've done a few more battles with my ORAS OU Rain team; it's not bad but I'd like something different. Any particular Mega Evolutions standing out in the tier (don't say MegaMence or MegaGross, I highly doubt they'll be sticking around for long)?

Mega Pidgeot is really good as far as I've seen. The only pokes it has problems with are Heatran and pokes faster than 110 base speed, but other than that it's really good. Especailly with 100% accuracy hurricane. Besides Mega Pideot I would use Sceptile or Slowbro. Sceptile has 145 base speed and very high special attack while slowbro has 180 base defense.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

breeding in black and white goes to default pokeball so it probably was breed but you can get it in a cool ball and rnged but it have to be in the wild with no egg moves saldly though :/ and rnging is completely legal its not hacked you can still use it XD

also guys my trade shop opened up if you need anything im thinking about doing something special for the tef members that have been here for a long while and with my approval they can request with lower costs. click here ^_^

Last edited:

scizor64

"sciz"
So since I haven't yet posted for the month (I think)...

Ive been tinkering around with a few Hawlucha sets. I definitely want to build a team based around one. So far I have a few team member roles down like a flying spam check (or 2) and a lure with U-turn. I'll also need a hazard remover since lucha's weak to Stealth rock. Trying to make the team without legendaries as I don't really have a lot.

Secondly, unfortunately for me I won't be able to participate in the NU tour. Just comes down to time management. I also won't be getting ORAS as I have no money left for the year.

That's it from me this time, take care and till next time,
your pal scizor

Status
Not open for further replies.