• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Otakon prices went up again?? Mehhh... Baltimore, why you do this to us?

hexingAngel

Mythical Child
Username: hexingAngel (Or Angel for short)
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: uhh...this question confuses me!
Join the guild date: 5/8/2025
will you be active?:yes!
Guild Region: Herena Region
Referrals:[/B] sadly no one im new to the forums!

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Welcome aboard Angel!
Pokemon showdown is an online battle simulator that people use instead of wifi. It's useful for tournaments, as team building on the game itself takes a lot longer.
Still,can't beat playing the game itself :)

Still no luck with tech btw...

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!

Welcome to the guild Angel! If you have any questions, just shoot one of us a PM/VM and we'll help you out with whatever you need!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

hey hexing angel welcome to the guild sweetie as well as arch summed it up for you XD and welcome to serebii ;)

edit: also guys you want to try to do a ccat again?

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
hey hexing angel welcome to the guild sweetie as well as arch summed it up for you XD and welcome to serebii ;)

I would be down with this! I really really need a competitive team so it'd be fun to do it as part of a group

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I would be down with this! I really really need a competitive team so it'd be fun to do it as part of a group

yeah the last one we had kinda died pretty quick so thats why I thought to at least try it again to gain activity in our guild thread.

... Okay. As someone who joined the whole guild & league thing relatively recently, I must ask (at the risk of sounding like an idiot...): what's a ccat?

Edit: never mind. I got it. Control + F the first page for the win!

Hahaha don't fell stupid tbh when I first started comp battling I didn't know **** about the tiers or anything lol I felt really silly but after awhile I figured it out my team was all over the place but glad you figured out what it is ;) I am hoping to have another one to pick up activity.

if anyone else would like to comment on that go on ahead if we get enough votes to do one again I can set up arrangements for us to start voting if we do it for what teir we like to do first and then the team build style.

Marika_CZ

Hi DX, Angel, Scubasteve. Sorry for late welcome but hope you enjoy your time in the guild!

Lately I spend most of my evenings doing multi battles with friends on wifi. I am always up for double/triple battle if anyone else likes those too.

Also, anyone has NU team they are using on wifi? I know there are very few folks who do which I think is a shame :/

I didn't even notice this post until rereading :) I would welcome CCAT if only because I s**k in OU singles and could learn a thing or two from more experienced people here.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
I just go and use whatever I want when anyone wants to battle me. Well expect ubers...I mean just the legends. Blaziken, mgengar,mmawile are fine with me.I just like having fun ya know. I've had very few battles that got me really excited and my blood pumping. Alas those were the good ol 5th gen days haha.I'm very tired hence this very long post. So....I will go to bed now later.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
At long last....

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!

I've got all five of my major breeding projects for my epic Pokémon team done. All I need to do to round off the team is get the Victini and level up/evolve the Pokémon I just finished hatching. As soon as I get them levelled up and evolved with their proper movesets, I'll reveal the team for all to see.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
I never really liked competitive battling because of the tendency of banning random things (especially on OU tier). Legendaries, I understand. Things like Dialga and Palkia are "unfair" when facing other Pokemon, but the non-Legendaries, I don't understand. At all. Banning Speed Boost Blaziken, for example. I battle with my friends a lot, and the only constraints we have are: no repeat Pokemon, no repeat items, no Legendaries. And I never had any trouble whenever they used stuff like Mega Blaziken or Aegislash. And yet, they're banned for some reason. Everything has a hard counter, and they're not that uncommon.

Believe me there are non-legendaries you do not want to have to deal with in OU again. Just because something is a "legendary" doesn't mean its broken or particularly useful in OU and competitive matches anyways. It's not even always if they have counters or not, its if they have counters in the tier they are currently placed in. Its like saying Lucario belonged in OU because it had one specific counter that everyone was now forced to run on their team.

Banning Moody? Don't understand that at all. Banning evasion raising stuff? Again, don't understand that, as I've been hit by critical hit Zap Cannon after I used Double Team 3 times. "Unfair"? Yeah. For the guy who used Double Team. Sand Veil and Snow Cloak? What? I've been hit by Thunder in Hail with my Snow Cloak guy (in fact, I never dodged Thunder in that circumstance). Banning Swagger? Why? Mega Gengar got banned? Why? Just Shadow Tag? Mega Mawile got banned too? Mega Salamence too? Why not just ban all Megas, as they're apparently "unfair"? Greninja too, huh? Even though it has like the most predictable moveset in the world, almost on par with Keldeo. Why not ban Stone Edge? If the other guy uses it, it never misses and always gets crit like Razor Leaf in Generation I.

The goal of competitive rule sets is obviously to make it as competitive as possible by minimizing the luck factor in the game. Moody was banned basically because of baton pass which made it extremely broken. Evasion moves just make the game noncompetitive as well as it turns completely luck based if you can land a luck imbued move before it sets up and sweeps you. Stone edge just has a higher crit ratio, and isn't guaranteed crit either. I'm not going to go into the reasons the mons you listed were banned though, you can look on smogon at the discussion threads if you are curious enough to.

I don't know if any of you play RTS games like Starcraft II, but to me, banning random stuff in competitive battling is like banning the use of certain units or strategies. "No Void Rays. No Colossus. No Carrier + Tempest. No Force Fields. No Blink Stalker all-in. No Cannon rushing. No deathballs, etc." Play other games like Hearthstone where you just KNOW what the other guy is going to do. Kill Command, Force of Nature + Savage Roar, Fireball + Fireball + Frostbolt, etc.

Don't play sorry. There are things that just shouldn't be allowed in a competitive type game.

I always considered that when you build an all-around team, you need to consider that the opponent may use certain Pokemon or strategy that may sweep you. "In the event that a guy with too many Quiver Dance/Dragon Dance/Speed Boost/Choice Band Aerodactyl may sweep me, I'll have this Pokemon. In the event of Trick Room, I'll have this guy. For general uses, I'll have this guy, etc"

So I'm looking forward to the ccat thing, so I can see how the experienced competitive battlers create their teams.

Actually in the metagame right now, everybody is complaining that the game is determined by team matchup right off the bat, meaning you can't prepare adequately for everything. Which is why they're suspecting Aegislash, to see if it would be more balanced with it back. It looks like its slanted for no unban but who knows. Ultimately bans are trying to make the tier balanced. Food for thought while thinking about previous bans. (In my opinion we should go back to late XY and just stay there where it was fun, but that's just me.)

And just so you know, Generation VI is the ONLY generation where I'm doing the "OU battles" or stuff like there with these random restrictions. In Generation IV and V, EVERYTHING goes, including so-called super-unfair stuff (glitched Pokemon, NOT hacks). Jolly Scarf No Guard Machamp with Sheer Cold. Pretty unfair, huh? Acid Rain. Also pretty unfair, as you lose 5/16th max HP per turn while I gain 3/8th max HP per turn. Water Spout Starmie in Drizzle. Specs Water Spout Swift Swim Kingdra in Drizzle. PRETTY UNFAIR. Zapdos with Water Spout and Hurricane? Quite unfair. And on and on. My friends and I never banned their usage whenever we battle. And here we are, in competitive battling, where random stuff are banned. So I hope it's understandable that I don't get why certain things are banned.

I uh... think glitched/hacked mons are generally illegal in any circumstance. Casually, have fun with them. Competitive is usually legal mons. There are competitive rule sets for gen 4/5 as well, just going to say that as an afterthought.

It is understandable why you don't get why things are banned but a lot of things come from experience playing the tier. I can try to help you out if you want sometime? I'd suggest looking at competitive stuff on smogon again if you wanted to learn more about OU/bans and stuff. : ]

nomadical

Battle Maniac
Hi DX, Angel, Scubasteve. Sorry for late welcome but hope you enjoy your time in the guild!

Lately I spend most of my evenings doing multi battles with friends on wifi. I am always up for double/triple battle if anyone else likes those too.

Also, anyone has NU team they are using on wifi? I know there are very few folks who do which I think is a shame :/

I didn't even notice this post until rereading :) I would welcome CCAT if only because I s**k in OU singles and could learn a thing or two from more experienced people here.

I have a few pokes that are considered nu but sincemost of my pokes are uncovnentionaL would be nice to get to use them again

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
wow that was alot of meta discussion to read XD anyway I guess we can start a ccat I guess if you all agree if we do we have a voting which teir would we like to start up again with :3

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
just a heads up guys, I will be away for a good three or four days. I need sometime off from serebii, if I feel better I will come back otherwise I will be away for a bit until better.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
just a heads up guys Ill be away for a good three or four days I need sometime off of serebii if I feel better I will come back

Your health is more important than Serebii. Take care of yourself, Eve. Leaf, Arch, and I will keep things running in your absence.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Alright, I'm going to be very short and to the point about this. There was a lot of disrespect going on in the chat earlier. How do I know? I visited the room and saw the last of the logs... and I didn't like what I saw.

What the hell? Sure, her grammar may not be the greatest, but that's no reason to display such an attitude and try to embarrass her in an open setting like that. As another person you should respect her and be done with it. I'm not going to call out any names here, because I'm hoping that the two of you are mature enough to man up and not cop an attitude like this.

I've dealt with this crap for long enough while in other clans, and I was hoping I'd never see it again as a part of this one. Thanks for being a disappointment.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Okay, I'm on mobile so I can't go into the chat, but if you guys seriously mocked Eve to that point, y'all are a disgrace. Grow up, for Andraste's sake. Seriously, grammar is not a big deal. Don't be a ****.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
... What happened? I can't go on chat because... I don't know how to navigate around there (and I don't have an account or something), but... it sounds very bad.

Based on experience (I... have experience in being an asswipe, though accidental it was), I think her close friends should talk to her right now before this goes out of hand. "Time heals all wounds" ... experience taught me that time makes this worse.

I hope you feel better soon!

Don't worry, everything's under control. In the meantime, if there are any problems, send me a PM.

Marika_CZ

I have a few pokes that are considered nu but sincemost of my pokes are uncovnentionaL would be nice to get to use them again
Hey Nomad! Long time no see. Cool, I do like unconventional mons be it NU or any tier.

Btw. sorry about yesterday. By the time I noticed your "can i join" shoutout you were already in GTS and I had to quit for night before you got back.
We can multi or do OU singles for league next week if you have time? I sure do coz I have a whole week off yay!

FairyWitch said:
just a heads up guys, I will be away for a good three or four days. I need sometime off from serebii, if I feel better I will come back otherwise I will be away for a bit until better.
Take care Fairy. Hope you feel better soon!

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
Anyone like to do a free for all? I kinda wanted to do one for a while since it seems like fun.oh and make sure to tell your mothers happy mothers day or something idk. Also I almost caught a shiny swablu, to bad I didn't have any pokeballs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.