1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Eternian Forces Guild

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by FairyWitch, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marika_CZ

Marika_CZ Well-Known Member

Normally F4A annoys me but thats because I am invited and nobody tells me in advance. So then I am in for a nasty surprise.
    Can try it if you warn me when on PSS tho :)

And thanks for reminding me about mothers day. I am going to my parents' house today... guess I need to stop by shop and buy my mum box of sweets...

2. Saph~

Saph~ Serebii Champion x.x

It's kind of just what suits your style of play more. There are people who play fantastic on balanced and can't do much with let's say stall. Balanced in and of itself is essentially it's own playstyle as well. Advantages though? Not really in my opinion.

3. Reisuke

Reisuke Apparently i died

Username: speedy1
    PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: both
    Join the guild date: 10 may 2015
    will you be active?: yes
    Guild Region (look at the four regions below this post): eisenburg region
    Referrals:
    none

4. Saph~

Welcome to the guild! Hope you enjoy your stay : ]

5. Cosmic Fury

Cosmic Fury Evil Overlord

Yes and no. There are plenty of balanced teams out there that use a variety of strategies to help them be prepared for threats such as Trick Room teams. My own team, while being fairly straightforward, is able to deal with a variety of opposing playstyles. However, it does fare poorly against some styles of stall.

In other words, it depends entirely on what kinds of threats you're able to prepare your team for.

6. scizor64

scizor64 "sciz"

Hooray new members, welcome all!

A super quick update from me:
    Life has gotten really busy. Im helping a friend with his portfolio project for college, internship (which im leaving soon), self promotion (through websites), and family have all been reasons I have not made much progress on pokedex/guild participation.

BUT, since his project is due tomorrow and internship is ending, Ill finally have time to actually sit down and chat with you guys on xat. Lastly, if i dissappeared randomly from xat these past couple of days please excuse me, im sorry, just keep getting pulled aside for responsibilities.

Thats it for me for now, till next time!

7. Babs49

Babs49 Member

Hey I'm back, gotta new ds with a new fc, 1822 2267 0572

8. Cosmic Fury

I personally find that a creative team works a LOT better than a typical cut-and-paste type of team. While those have proven to be good, any creative strategy that is able to overcome such a team will wipe the floor of it any day of the week.

Try to find a healthy balance between a tried-and-tested team with stuff proven to work, with one with a ton of creative solutions. If you can pull that off, you'll have a very fluid team that is able to go up against even the most stubborn opponents... Not to mention your win ratio will improve.

9. Cosmic Fury

I actually had a last battle with my friend before my old command (the one he's on right now) left on deployment. Me and him were basically battling it out to determine the Pokémon Champion of sorts... and I ended up winning -- SOLELY because I sported a very unusual spread with many of my Pokémon. While some aren't really the best ideas all around (only meant to deal with specific threats), I do say that my team is enjoying a lot more success than I thought it would.

10. Burnerv2

Burnerv2 Believe in Yourself!

For me it usually either standard practice or a theme of sorts. Like once I remember doing an all Magikarp metronome battle with Leaf. :V did not end well for my Karp Rangers

11. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

OMG magikarp metronome battle LOL I remember I did a whole team of cleffas with random abilities with metronome it was hilarous XD we should have a fun metronome tournament on showdown if everyone is up for it in our tournament section :p

12. Burnerv2

Burnerv2 Believe in Yourself!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

13. Saph~

The best was metro goomy w. color change : ]

14. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

LOL yeah that was pretty funny oh good times saph good times :3 but I think it be cool to have a only PS tournament in our section soon. I have to remake our tournament thread unless you like to take control of it for me that would be fine we can alternate between showdown and PS or something.

15. MooseSmuggler

MooseSmuggler #DeathToFascists

Aren't we at our post-change limit though? Or did the mods wise up and remove or at least increase that bs limit?

Also, glad you've returned, Eve.

16. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

Username: Wego
    PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: Both
    Join the guild date: 5/13/15
    will you be active?: Yes
    Guild Region (look at the four regions below this post): Harena Region
    Referrals:
    None

17. Marika_CZ

Yes! Welcome friend. Hope you and Melody like it here.

18. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

Thanks my internet back on and I can battle once more

19. Marika_CZ

Even better news! Looking forward to some epic NU battles ;)

20. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

I am too I think you will get the upper hand with fact being I have not battled in awhile so but I still try to give you a run for your money :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.