• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Edit: I vote for Bulky Offense too o/

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so this is up for the votes

4 bulky offensive
3 balanced
1 Hyper offensive

I vote balanced because thats mostly what I know the most but I can go with the flow whatever wins...

got less then a hour left to vote if you haven't after that its closed and then we can start nominating mons

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I may not be suggesting on any particular Pokemon once the Pokemon selection phase is live, but I can vote for the play style! Go for balanced!

tally added since it was before the time limit ^_^

so this is up for the votes

4 bulky offensive
4 balanced
1 Hyper offensive

Oh seems balance is going to win/won. I'm glad i know much about that

balance/bulky offesive have a tie so balance didn't win just yet :p

I will do another flip of a coin to see who will win this one will edit in a second

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It was my plan all along! ... Sort of. I saw the "less than an hour left" when there was about 30 minutes left. So I threw in the last vote.

lol yes I see well I flipped the coin which

heads=bulky offensive
tails= balance

it was heads so bulky offensive wins!

nominations will start for NU bulky offensive team you got till 28th midnight GMT -5 to place your nominations for the first pokemon on the team!

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I think I will kick it off with this

Cacturne
Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch

Cacturne has become quite strong in nu and has been a good talking point. Cacturne destroys a very common pokemon in NU called Lanturn which many teams seem to have issues with due to it's bulk and has access to volt switch, thunder wave and scald which can cripple important pokemon but not only is lanturn bulky it has access to heal bell and can use it to support it's team members. anyway back to Cacturne not man pokes in nu can switch in due to cacturne hits hard, Giga drain is really useful and keeps cacturne from losing hp from life orb and that's what we want with a bulky offensive team, Dark pulse hits really hard due to the lack off resists in Nu and if your lucky you may get some flinch hax. Cacturne also gains hp from water attacks so that's why it really counters lacturn. Destiny bond will be used to take out our main team threats as it's impossible to stop all threats. Sucka punch is used to stop faster pokemon like archeops which can beat cacturne.

as for partners for this pokemon I would go for quagsire because quagsire is bulky has access to unaware is still strong in OU meta (Don't even know why it's nu) Most of cacturne threats are things like sword dance users or flying pokes which are not sp atk since brave bird etc. even so quagsire won't need to be nominated yet as we need 2 or 3 other pokes b4 we try find a backbone/support of the team but I am bring this is now to give people ideas and not select a pokemon which may seem good but can't build round from or just makes it harder too as you don't want to start a bulky/stall poke off unless you are using full stall then you have no choice.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I think I will kick it off with this

Cacturne
Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch

Cacturne has become quite strong in nu and has been a good talking point. Cacturne destroys a very common pokemon in NU called Lanturn which many teams seem to have issues with due to it's bulk and has access to volt switch, thunder wave and scald which can cripple important pokemon but not only is lanturn bulky it has access to heal bell and can use it to support it's team members. anyway back to Cacturne not man pokes in nu can switch in due to cacturne hits hard, Giga drain is really useful and keeps cacturne from losing hp from life orb and that's what we want with a bulky offensive team, Dark pulse hits really hard due to the lack off resists in Nu and if your lucky you may get some flinch hax. Cacturne also gains hp from water attacks so that's why it really counters lacturn. Destiny bond will be used to take out our main team threats as it's impossible to stop all threats. Sucka punch is used to stop faster pokemon like archeops which can beat cacturne.

as for partners for this pokemon I would go for quagsire because quagsire is bulky has access to unaware is still strong in OU meta (Don't even know why it's nu) Most of cacturne threats are things like sword dance users or flying pokes which are not sp atk since brave bird etc. even so quagsire won't need to be nominated yet as we need 2 or 3 other pokes b4 we try find a backbone/support of the team but I am bring this is now to give people ideas and not select a pokemon which may seem good but can't build round from or just makes it harder too as you don't want to start a bulky/stall poke off unless you are using full stall then you have no choice.

alright got one nomination seems like no one else posted so I will extend for a few more days which it be 30th midnight is the deadline same as before gmt -5

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I'm still alive =)
Tis exam season,and I still have no better internet access =/

As for this ccat,Roselia springs to mind when considering bulky offensive in nu.
@eviolite
Bold
252HP,156DEF,52SP.ATK,48SP.DEF
(toxic)spikes/toxic
synthesis
gigadrain
aromatherapy

Status wall with natural cure and aromatherapy combo.Spikes type dependent on other team choices, but general purpose is to hassle bulky waters (which tend to toxic or spam scald) and bother opposing hazard setters (typically rock/ground types).
Ev distribution can be refined depending on what we want to take physical hits from. Cannot access the damage calculator, but being able to take some hits from golem and kabutops would be a good ballpark.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I looked at the NU tier Pokemon listing, and... that tier confuses me. On one hand, you have things like Regigigas and Delibird. But on the other, you have things like Articuno, Glaceon, and Mesprit. And Uxie.

And though I said I'd remain silent, if there aren't people suggesting stuff, then I'll suggest whatever comes to mind that I can see in that strange list.

Uxie, Bold, Levitate.
Leftovers.
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
Calm Mind
Psychic
Giga Drain
Dazzling Gleam.

Wall up as much as possible. Calm Mind to allow offense. Giga Drain for healing (and I heard somewhere that bulky Water types are common?). Psychic for STAB. Dazzling Gleam for Dark types.

Articuno, Timid, Pressure
Salac Berry?
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
Ice Beam
Freeze-Dry
Roost
Water Pulse/Ancientpower/Tailwind

Ice Beam for everything. Freeze-Dry for Water types. Water/Ground and Water/Flying for max value. Roost for healing AND dodging slower Pokemon's Electric attacks. It does leave Articuno vulnerable to Earthquake for the duration of that turn, but... who uses Earthquake against Articuno in the first place? And Water Pulse or Ancientpower for Fire types, or Tailwind to give you team a boost.

... How would those fare?

we normally only nominate one at a time but its cool dx Ill take it since barely anyone is posting for nominations >.> I wonder what happened to everyone lol

I'm still alive =)
Tis exam season,and I still have no better internet access =/

As for this ccat,Roselia springs to mind when considering bulky offensive in nu.
@eviolite
Bold
252HP,156DEF,52SP.ATK,48SP.DEF
(toxic)spikes/toxic
synthesis
gigadrain
aromatherapy

Status wall with natural cure and aromatherapy combo.Spikes type dependent on other team choices, but general purpose is to hassle bulky waters (which tend to toxic or spam scald) and bother opposing hazard setters (typically rock/ground types).
Ev distribution can be refined depending on what we want to take physical hits from. Cannot access the damage calculator, but being able to take some hits from golem and kabutops would be a good ballpark.

I don't know why I was thinking roserade was in NU it actually is in UU was about to make a weird post about it lol I like roselia though this could work if put together with the right team will note your nomination:p

scizor64

"sciz"
Here is my nomination for the first round, but before that I'm loving the ideas that have already been mentioned. Keep up the momentum peoplez!
Nomination:

Exeggutor
exeggutor.gif

Ability: Harvest
Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Modest (+SP.ATK, - ATK)
Effort Values: 248 HP | 152 SpA | 108 Spe
Attacks:
1. Sleep Powder/Hidden Power [Fire]
2. Psychic
3. Giga Drain
4. Rest

Base Stats: (for reference)
HP-95
ATK-95
DEF-85
SP.ATK-125
SP.DEF-65
SPE-55

Reasoning: I chose to nominate Exeggutor for this first round because of what I have been reading from the others members. This pkmn has lum berry to heal burns from scald or any other status condition multiple times throughout the battle as long as it isn't knock'ed off. Rest combos nicely allowing a 1 turn full restore essentially and a modest nature with max offense evs means that it'll hit as hard as possible with stabs and off of a 105 base special attack.

Sleep powder shuts down any non grass/sap sipper pkmn providing switch momentum or shutting down a pkmn that would of been a counter. On the other hand, hidden power fire can be used to dent steel types.

The speed evs were placed strategically in speed to outspeed univested lanturn which I have heard is very common. Rest in bulk to compliment egg's nice bulkyness all around. This will be the third grass type nomination so perhaps this could branch out in multiple ways (fire/water/grass core perhaps?). Also, based on what I have read as good partners for eggy, grandbull/togetic/Klinkklang etc make good partners all of which are also bulky making it a decent starting point for debate.

Last edited:

Marika_CZ

I would like to nominate as well. Sorry couldn't do earlier coz very busy week IRL.

Rampardos (Sheer force)

Jolly, Choice scarf

Rock slide
EQ
Zen headbutt
Iron head

EV spread: HP 4, At 252, Spe 252

Nominating simply because the potential for physical attack is deadly. Especially in lower tiers. High base HP also means it can take a hit.
Just keep it away from burn (no pun intended if you are reading this my fluffy friend ;) ) and it will crush anything in its way.

Zen headbutt can help with predicted fighting types switching in. And Iron head is there to get rid of fairies of course.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I would like to nominate as well. Sorry couldn't do earlier coz very busy week IRL.

Rampardos (Sheer force)

Jolly, Choice scarf

Rock slide
EQ
Zen headbutt
Iron head

EV spread: HP 4, At 252, Spe 252

Nominating simply because the potential for physical attack is deadly. Especially in lower tiers. High base HP also means it can take a hit.
Just keep it away from burn (no pun intended if you are reading this my fluffy friend ;) ) and it will crush anything in its way.

Zen headbutt can help with predicted fighting types switching in. And Iron head is there to get rid of fairies of course.

adding to the nomination if anoyone has anymore nominations go on ahead I will keep it open till tommorow at 12 midnight eastern timeozen gmt -5

Aon_Epiphany

Dreams and Wishes
Been gone for a really long while due to...unforeseen events. Id like to rejoin if possible. Should i repost a new registration?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Been gone for a really long while due to...unforeseen events. Id like to rejoin if possible. Should i repost a new registration?

your fine I haven't got a chance to take out alot of people still that haven't been active as well as the spread is really behind since I been busy with other stuff so your still in ;)

also if anyone wants to snag in a nomination for ccat you got 30 minutes left.

Aon_Epiphany

Dreams and Wishes
It does look pretty good. I'm a little on the defensive side when it comes to buying a PMD game after the last one, but hopefully this one provides a lot more of what I felt they left out last time.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Sorry, started another Dragon Age marathon, been killing f***boy shems in the first game <3

Voting for Exeggutor. Don't know much about NU, but Harvest/Rest/Chesto is too good not to vote for.

And might I mention that Nintendo's website is difficult to find certain information on. I'd like to find info on publishing indie games on their systems, but nooooooo, can't make that info easy to find >__> To be fair, it'll take time to get anything done, so said information is liable to change, but I still wanna know.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
Im back. EV training and playing my Xbox 360 has taken a lot of my time from actually being on serebii. But all my boxes are now trained and ready to fight when the time is ready...to fight.im tired goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.