• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
I see you guys talking about NU but I am too lazy to read what you guys are talking about can someone enlighten me about where the convention is heading.

QueenUnfezant

welcome to the comedy zone
I know I'm late but...
Username: QueenUnfezant
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: Mewamewa on Showdown
Join the guild date: 10/04/16 in the UK
will you be active?: Yep. Well, I'm more of a "hop on, jump off" person, which means I spend time here and spend time playing Forum Games.
Guild Region: Eisenburg...coz fire type. And Vulpix.
Referrals: what?

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
So I downloaded the Jirachi event recently, and since I got great IV's and a phenomenal nature this time, I went out and did some tinkering. Knowing it couldn't get Body Slam*, I searched for something that would give it a way to hax things out... And I found Secret Power. In link battles, its secondary effect is paralysis -- and it yields the same chance as Body Slam does, at only 10 less power.

So, next time you find yourself a Jirachi without Body Slam and it's already on your brand-new game, just consider slapping on Secret Power and running a standard set. It'll work wonders!

Note: This is for wifi only, not for simulator battles, which I don't do these days. If you're on a simulator, Secret Power is a more situational move that shouldn't be used over Body Slam, unless you've got Grassy Terrain or something up and running with this thing.

scizor64

"sciz"
Its going to be difficult to top that awesome nomination by McDanger, if I do think up something ill post it here in an edit.

Btw looking forward to warmer days. In pokemon news, i bought yellow version off of eshop. My team so far is pikachu, mankey, nidorina, and venonat (yes he is available in outskirts of cerulean city). Absolutely loving it.

EDIT: Thought of a pkmn that may help the team but note: Im not saying it is better than any other current/future nomination. I just wanted to put an option out there:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball/Psychic

I thought manaphy should be another water type we could possible consider for the team. Waters are great defensively and most have access to scald for more offense and this set does both a little. See with tail glow we have another win condition - that is, another pkmn capable of sweeping the opposing team. This pkmn also lures in the mons that keldeo lures in for gardevoir (the ones mentioned previously by mcdanger) providing good opportunities for double switches to gain the upper hand.

This set and pkmn for that matter does not do as well as against lets say Bisharp but with tail glow, the offense evs, and decent coverage it can specialize to defeat certain threats to gardevoir.

Last edited:

McDanger

I know I'm late but...
will you be active?: Yep. Well, I'm more of a "hop on, jump off" person, which means I spend time here and spend time playing Forum Games.

Welcome to the guild

Anyone start any new animes with the spring lineup going? Bungou Stray Dogs look like it will be so hot

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Activity post again. Btw, sorry for not having followed up closely in here lately. x_x;
Currently in the final stretch of the semester as we speak, so I'll still be pretty busy till early May.
(And unfortunately, my birthday falls on final exams week again this year, ugh.)

As far as Pokémon goes, the most recent one I've been playing is Pokkén. Haven't gotten too far in yet (and I have not played online at all), but it's a fun game so far. Braixen is my go-to character~
Also played some Fire Emblem on the side. I still haven't started playing Fates yet because I wanted to finish Awakening first. (I'm still not done with a complete playthrough, since I decided to start over and upped the difficulty.)

Also um... Miitomo is addicting. lol

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I know I'm late but...

No worries if we don't welcome right away sometimes we get caught up with a comp discussion or something and forget to welcome >.< but anyway welcome. I will not be logging on much still this week/ weekend so I will extend the nominations so get your nominations guys in
@silver tbh your not missing much in awakening which to me that game could of been better :/ I personally found the non stop level grinding your units max stats was silly which so many class changes got boring on any difficulty level. Fates is sorta better wchich you can't make your stats max since you can't abuse the level 1 start after a class change plus tons of each character class changing alot but still easy because two paths have the scout option to level grind but that is me so if anyone disagrees I'm alright about it not here to debate.

Last edited:

McDanger

Thanks! I think this is an epic guild and I STILL DON'T HAVE MY USERBAR :|

http://i.imgur.com/LWeCTjL.png

on the subject of fire emblem i really wish they would put fire emblem, i want to say its 7 but got released over here as just fire emblem, or sacred stones on the 3ds eshop. My ds's bumpers are broken so not being able to look at units stats is a huge pain and both of them, imo more 7 then 8, were stellar games.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Ok guys I really want to rank up in the guild if anyone is not busy later today hit me up with a VM so we can battle.

Also I need battles to record and upload.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
@silver tbh your not missing much in awakening which to me that game could of been better :/ I personally found the non stop level grinding your units max stats was silly which so many class changes got boring on any difficulty level. Fates is sorta better wchich you can't make your stats max since you can't abuse the level 1 start after a class change plus tons of each character class changing alot but still easy because two paths have the scout option to level grind but that is me so if anyone disagrees I'm alright about it not here to debate.

Yeah I know I'm not missing much in Awakening, but I'm just merely playing for completion's sake at this point.
I do want to get myself started on Fates: Birthright eventually, though... as well as The Sacred Stones because I have that game, too.
Speaking of, I wonder if I should spend my reserve money on Fates: Conquest, since I can afford for it now. It's tempting. >>; lol
Also got a friend who's currently playing through Path of Radiance, so that's another game I want to look into. Especially considering I secondary Ike in Smash Bros, I wanna know what his games are like. xD

Last edited:

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
posting here to make sure nobody thinks ive died, welcome to all the new people, just enjoying spring break, so close to freedom from school...... is what i would be saying if i didn't have college. As for mons....... haven't played for an eternity between yugioh and fire emblem 4.

McDanger

posting here to make sure nobody thinks ive died, welcome to all the new people, just enjoying spring break, so close to freedom from school...... is what i would be saying if i didn't have college. As for mons....... haven't played for an eternity between yugioh and fire emblem 4.

Enjoy school, working blows.

@Silver - Path of Radiance is awesome I highly recommend it as well as the sequel Radiant Dawn, tho Radiant Dawn was a lot easier.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Ok guys I really want to rank up in the guild if anyone is not busy later today hit me up with a VM so we can battle.

Also I need battles to record and upload.

I would but busy with alot of things atm which another convention coming up sad news though don't have the money to go to expo this year so will try to shoot for next year hopefully >.< I will be going to acen though again instead. I ended up picking a roy amiibo at the convention I was just at as well as my copy of braverly second which btw I will be updating the guild since we now have the final release of braverly second ^_^ I was playing the demo and I saw there are new asterik job changes so I might be adding new ranks to the once I get my d*** photoshop back up -_- and etc.

edit:
also guys we only have one nomination for the next team member of ccat so please get some nominations to vote thanks ;) I was gone for the weekend and didn't see anything XD

@silver: depends how hard you want your game to be for fates conquest you can't grind and birthright you can if you normally have a hard time playing fire emblem older games then birthright is the game for you unless you play conquest on phoenix mode or casual which its extremely hard to get everyone married in that section as well and can get stuck if you use the wrong units to progress the game. I personally like the hard way by playing classic XD I find the game more fun then awakening so its up to you ;)

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
@Silver - Path of Radiance is awesome I highly recommend it as well as the sequel Radiant Dawn, tho Radiant Dawn was a lot easier.
Oooh right, I'll take your word for it! xP

@silver: depends how hard you want your game to be for fates conquest you can't grind and birthright you can if you normally have a hard time playing fire emblem older games then birthright is the game for you unless you play conquest on phoenix mode or casual which its extremely hard to get everyone married in that section as well and can get stuck if you use the wrong units to progress the game. I personally like the hard way by playing classic XD I find the game more fun then awakening so its up to you ;)
Yep, that I'm aware of. I do feel like Birthright's more my kind of pace, but it'd be cool to eventually get the experience from Conquest (and Revelations), as well. And no worries, I prefer playing through classic mode myself. ^^; In fact, when I started over Awakening without finishing my first play-through (was playing through normal/classic), I went hard/classic and it felt more right for me. I have not lost my sanity. lol

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Hi everyone! Long time, no see! I decided to stay a bit more active here hopefully...so I hope everyone is well! I've been busy SRing comp legends for someone on Reddit mostly pokemon wise. I've been doing little battling besides a couple vgc battles with my for fun Zekrom team. It's funny to watch Zekrom actually work lol! Anywayz, I'm going to sr shiny kyurem again on the ride back to my house(I'm on vacation), that or finally reclaim golduck...maybe. See ya'll on Skype chat and if anyone wants to vgc 16 battle lmk~

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Hi everyone! Long time, no see! I decided to stay a bit more active here hopefully...so I hope everyone is well! I've been busy SRing comp legends for someone on Reddit mostly pokemon wise. I've been doing little battling besides a couple vgc battles with my for fun Zekrom team. It's funny to watch Zekrom actually work lol! Anywayz, I'm going to sr shiny kyurem again on the ride back to my house(I'm on vacation), that or finally reclaim golduck...maybe. See ya'll on Skype chat and if anyone wants to vgc 16 battle lmk~

If I had more time, I'd take you up on that. But between work and writing, I'm usually too exhausted to think of competitive Mons.

I HAVE been replaying Y, though. Brings back memories <3

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
To everyone who likes fire emblem but has never played radiant dawn, I recommend you do, as it is one of the best experiences I've had with a wii game. It's surprisingly artistically pleasing, with every character having a unique model and I found the story to be a really good one. i know some people day the radiant dawn has a somewhat unoriginal story, which can somewhat be agreed upon, but the way the stroy unravels after the halfway point is awesome. It makes you look at different evdnts from the story very differently on future playthroughs.

You can say the replay value might not be the best, as there aren't any replayable battles, but I feel the game is long enough amd the character pool is big enough that you can replay and have a different playthrough each time. Lkke every fire emblem game, you can try to make it work with weaker characters or use the powerhouses.

I've played through that game 7 times and I could still play it again. I also still can't get enough of those top rank spell battle animations, especually the dark spell.

So bottom line is, pick it up if you like Fire emblem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.