• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
You are implying the opponent can't predict you predicting them... a good player can do that. I personally want to beat good players with this team, and beating Aegis without needing to predict > beating Aegis but having to predict.

Why are we even arguing, wow, sorry, we haven't even voted yet.

akaFila

#2L2Q
EQ is defiantly the smarter choice of the two, but as far as as the ability is concerned, Moxie isn't a bad option. A free opportunity to go +1 as opposed to a situational Intimidate cancellation or prediction-dependent Mold Breaker.

Geovanicaon

Need Pokemon Switch
Hunt for Shiny Charm log III.

I managed to complete Gen I and Gen II is almost over! Moving on..

Gen I: Completed!

Still needs o Gen II:

Aipom
Misdreavus
Pineco
Houndor
Stantler
Blissey

Moving on to Gen III, Pokemons I'll need:

Mudkip
Aron
Numel
Cacnea
Baltoy
Lileep (or fossil)
Cradily (or fossil)
Castform
Duskull
Tropius
Chimecho
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Kyogre
Groundon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

If you have any of these Pokemon and are willing to donate/trade, please let me know. End of log.

By the way, Happy Birthday to me :D

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Here's my nomination
Its a little diffrent from usually but very effective if well played.

62331_214Heracross_Mega_Dream.png

Item@Heracrossite
Nature: Brave
Abillity: Moxie - Skill link
IV's: 0 Spd
Ev's: 252 Attk / 252 Hp / 4 Sp.def
- Pin Missles
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake / Brick Break / Focus Punch
- Substitute

I used this set back in the days when there was no tier system yet or neither OU really well announced
and I loved it, since well Heracross is one of my favorite mons aswell.

Oke first of the bat. 185 Base power is insane.
being second highest with his attack stat of the metagame only beaten by M-mewto X is already fame worthy.
There is one thing noticebly with M-heracross however, he obtains bulk with sheer force but loses speed in the progress
so why not take advantage of the drop in speed and make him usefull in Trick room? He has an base 75 speed which sets on him sort of
on the borderline for being well used in Trick room, but with the average speed of the OU metagame 75 speed is quite good to take advantage of.

I would like to start of that every M-heracross NEEDS to have substitute in order to avoid being crippled by status such as Burns or toxics.
This also garantuees his safety for 1 turn against incoming threats like Talonflame. This set aims for Trick room support and Gale wings ignores the Trick room and kills M-heracross in one hit, however in order to nail Talfonflame there is still the luck factor with Rock blast's horrible acc that comes in play when it hits you win when it misses you lose but the win is very satisfying.
Pin missles is his main stab of choice, being a 125 base power + Stab move outclasses Megahorn with more chance to get crits and also pierces through substitutes, as a side bonus it will also not receive rocky helmet damage or Iron barbs damage. As stated before Rock blast is there for killing flying types and fire types just alike and takes advantage of skill link too. The third option is an prefence, If you are affraid that Heracross will struggle against Aeglislash you pick EQ, If you dont want Screens to stop you from doing your job Brick break is a solid choice with Stab power. Focus Punch in combination with Substitute can really payof but whenever your forced to attack, it will leave undesired but nevertheless its a solid choice of move aswell.

Partners:

I tried severall partners for M-heracross
but the best partner in my expercience turns out to be Slowbro.
Slowbro is a great Trick Room setter and he can take physical flying types quite well. If M-heracross misses Rock blast you can swap to Slowbro take a hit and force a switch to Talonflame.
He can also take psychic hits and fire hits which would otherwise be fatal for M-heracross. combined with a good Special sponge and these three become an solid core. ( I used Florges as the third partner, and she provided Wish support for Heracross aswell )

If this set would be chosen we can try to follow an Trick room based team.

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
I just realized someone gave 5 stars to my OU RMT in the RMT section, so proud!

Anyways, with the lack of activity, I decided to make a recap of the nominations, because some are on the previous page...

Mega Gyrados
Diggersby tho
Chansey
Mega Pinsir
Mega Mawile
Mega Heracross

All these are really great Pokemon. We need votes to get things going, since we already have a ton of nominations. Feel free to nominate more things, and remember:

I have no power here lol

(btw if anyone can catch me a Moxie Female Gyarados in a Luxury Ball, thanks. I'll give you something good)

Last edited:

Babs49

Nomination : Hitmonlee

Ability: Unburden
Evs and nature: 252Att/128Sdef/128Spd +Attack/-Satk
Item: Normal Gem
Moves:
-Fake out
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Egde
-Blaze Kick

The main idea strategy behind would be to use the priority of Fake out to double Hitmonlee's speed after using the normal gem. His max attack reaches 189 at lvl 50, which is a pretty solid number, and with a doubled speed he gets very fast...in theory. The Hi Jump Kick would be his STAB move. Stone Edge would counter flyers, and Blaze Kick would put a good dent in Aegislash and Skarmory's HP. Main would be used as a late game surprise, and even though he's not OU he would still have decent Sdef. The Evs could be modified if you don't need as much speed (because unburden would double it) and want to throw more into Sdef.

Just an idea.

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Good evening everyone~
I hope everyone is well!
Sorry to hear about your 3DS Azu. :(
I hope to see you on pokemon wi-fi again soon.

Hunt for Shiny Charm log III.

I managed to complete Gen I and Gen II is almost over! Moving on..

Gen I: Completed!

Still needs o Gen II:

Aipom
Misdreavus
Pineco
Houndor
Stantler
Blissey

Moving on to Gen III, Pokemons I'll need:

Torchic
Mudkip
Wurmple (2x)
Slakoth
Aron
Numel
Cacnea
Baltoy
Lileep (or fossil)
Cradily (or fossil)
Castform
Duskull
Tropius
Chimecho
Snorunt (2x)
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Kyogre
Groundon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

If you have any of these Pokemon and are willing to donate/trade, please let me know. End of log.

By the way, Happy Birthday to me :D

Happy Birthday~
I can do Torchic, Wurmple(x2), Slakoth, and Snorunt(x2) for now~

I'll be on the xat in a few~

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hey guys, sorry for not popping by today. I kinda overslept again, which is a terrible habit of mine. >.>
I took a little break from Pokémon, and played some Mario Kart 8 and Elsword with my boyfriend. ^^;
And I just got home from a doctor's appointment. So, it's time for me to catch on things.

Firstly, happy birthday, Geo~ :3
And as said before, I hope you'll be able to access wi-fi on your 3DS again if it ever gets fixed, Azu. >.<
I'm liking the CCAT nominations so far, and I'm looking forward to voting.

---​

And last, but not least... though I'll be a day early to do this, I'll post my nuzlocke progress.
Last night, I was able to 'outhax' Whitney and her Miltank and claim my Plain Badge. @~@; I did whatever meant necessary to avoid those Stomp flinches and Attracts! And by this, I spammed Smokescreen for accuracy reduction and also used Mud Shot twice to lower speed. Even after all that, I somehow got lucky landing burn status from my Ember attack. By the way, through that battle, I just found out Whitney's Miltank had Scrappy. I thought it had Thick Fat this whole time. ;w;

[Note: Credits of pictures go to Pokesho.]

i_onnanoko_hgss.gif

OT: Kirara
Badges: 3/16
Last Save Point: Route 36 (in front of Sudowoodo)

i_magumarashi.gif

Elsword♂ - Level 27
New Bark Town (Starter)

i_pijyon.gif

Valiant♂ - Level 21
Route 31

i_goosu.gif

Omiyo♀ - Level 20
Sprout Tower

i_togechikku.gif

Togebo♂ - Level 20
Violet City (Hatched)

i_nuoo.gif

Loopy♀ - Level 20
Route 32

i_popokko.gif

Mura♀ - Level 20
Route 33

;019; Remy♂ - Level 12; Route 30
;041; Kuro♂ - Level 2; Dark Cave
;027; Spiker♂ - Level 6; Union Cave
;079; Dopey♂ - Level 8; Slowpoke Well
;043; Squeeshee♂ - Level 6; Ilex Forest
;204; Boom♂ - Level 10; Route 34
;167; Elise♀ - Level 14; Route 35

;163; Gylfie♀ - Level 14; Route 29
Cause: Crit Fury Attack from an Azalea gym trainer's Beedrill.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
We should decide what general type of build for the team we want.
i.e. Stall, Hyper Offense, Weather, TR, Standard, etc..

I tend to avoid that part do to i saw a clan do that and it ended horrible with the ccat never finish becuase people started fighting about it >.> once we find the first mon we shall build from that like moose said though no worries will work our way to wait kind of team it will be...

akaFila

#2L2Q

And last, but not least... though I'll be a day early to do this, I'll post my nuzlocke progress.
Last night, I was able to 'outhax' Whitney and her Miltank and claim my Plain Badge. @~@; I did whatever meant necessary to avoid those Stomp flinches and Attracts! And by this, I spammed Smokescreen for accuracy reduction and also used Mud Shot twice to lower speed. Even after all that, I somehow got lucky landing burn status from my Ember attack. By the way, through that battle, I just found out Whitney's Miltank had Scrappy. I thought it had Thick Fat this whole time. ;w;

[Note: Credits of pictures go to Pokesho.]

i_onnanoko_hgss.gif

OT: Kirara
Badges: 3/16
Last Save Point: Route 36 (in front of Sudowoodo)

i_magumarashi.gif

Elsword♂ - Level 27
New Bark Town (Starter)

i_pijyon.gif

Valiant♂ - Level 21
Route 31

i_goosu.gif

Omiyo♀ - Level 20
Sprout Tower

i_togechikku.gif

Togebo♂ - Level 20
Violet City (Hatched)

i_nuoo.gif

Loopy♀ - Level 20
Route 32

i_popokko.gif

Mura♀ - Level 20
Route 33

;019; Remy♂ - Level 12; Route 30
;041; Kuro♂ - Level 2; Dark Cave
;027; Spiker♂ - Level 6; Union Cave
;079; Dopey♂ - Level 8; Slowpoke Well
;043; Squeeshee♂ - Level 6; Ilex Forest
;204; Boom♂ - Level 10; Route 34
;167; Elise♀ - Level 14; Route 35

;163; Gylfie♀ - Level 14; Route 29
Cause: Crit Fury Attack from an Azalea gym trainer's Beedrill.

Props for being able to take Whitney down not only with the current team you have, but also without taking any losses either.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Props for being able to take Whitney down not only with the current team you have, but also without taking any losses either.
Thanks! And yeah, I actually nearly lost my Gastly when I swapped her in and found out Miltank had Scrappy, so I wasn't able to attempt risking the use of either Hypnosis or Curse. (Then again, my Skiploom had Sleep Powder for slightly better accuracy compared to Hypnosis.) But yeah, thank you based Super Potions! xD This is why in the special case like this, I try to grind a bit more. lol

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I just realized someone gave 5 stars to my OU RMT in the RMT section, so proud!

Anyways, with the lack of activity, I decided to make a recap of the nominations, because some are on the previous page...

Mega Gyrados
Diggersby tho
Chansey
Mega Pinsir
Mega Mawile
Mega Heracross

All these are really great Pokemon. We need votes to get things going, since we already have a ton of nominations. Feel free to nominate more things, and remember:

I have no power here lol

(btw if anyone can catch me a Moxie Female Gyarados in a Luxury Ball, thanks. I'll give you something good)

I have a female moxie gyarados but i don't have it in a luxuary ball its in a dive ball :/ i do have a friend safari that has it i can whip up one later when i can get to it if you need one by the time i get to it ill ask before i do it though probably tommorow

also get all your CCAT nominations in i will close the first vote saturday night my time gmt -5 at midnight as well as please make sure to keep this in mind its okay to discuss on debates on nomination sets just please keep it civil thanks :)

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
I have a female moxie gyarados but i don't have it in a luxuary ball its in a dive ball :/ i do have a friend safari that has it i can whip up one later when i can get to it if you need one by the time i get to it ill ask before i do it though probably tommorow

also get all your CCAT nominations in i will close the first vote saturday night my time gmt -5 at midnight as well as please make sure to keep this in mind its okay to discuss on debates on nomination sets just please keep it civil thanks :)

I forgot to edit that, don't worry, I found a Safari with Gyarados.

Myrrh

I know my section is behind, I'm sorry I haven't gotten to it yet. Today was a pretty long day for reasons so I'll try to do it tomorrow, I mean it's pretty simple enough. Will also work on testing people if they need it. People don't have to test only their section members right?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
So I decided to continue my Nuzlocke for a bit before falling asleep. I got lucky with my Sudowoodo capture (since I didn't catch anything else in that same route). It was female on the first encounter, and I lucked out on using one Lure Ball on it. xP Can't wait to transfer this thing to Gen VI for breeding purposes whenever I finish this nuzlocke.
Secondly, in the next route, ignoring the Spinarak and Hoothoot due to dupes clause, my first encounter was a Growlithe. I tried to capture it, but it used Roar on me, ending the battle. Does this mean that I can no longer catch anything in this route? I would assume it might be the case, but I'd like to get that clarified. (This is Route 37, btw.)

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
Well, I've made no progress in my Nuzclocke, but I can tell that I'm VERY underlevelled. Hmm... I guess I still have training on Route 35, the Bug Catching Contest and other stuff. Should get my team to Level 18+, so that will hopefully be enough. Although I expect to lose someone to Whitney. Could set up on the Clefairy I guess and then beat Miltank with Geodude/Krabby...

As for my vote (assuming we can) I'm going to vote for Mega Pinsir.

akaFila

#2L2Q
Well, I've made no progress in my Nuzclocke, but I can tell that I'm VERY underlevelled. Hmm... I guess I still have training on Route 35, the Bug Catching Contest and other stuff. Should get my team to Level 18+, so that will hopefully be enough. Although I expect to lose someone to Whitney. Could set up on the Clefairy I guess and then beat Miltank with Geodude/Krabby...

As for my vote (assuming we can) I'm going to vote for Mega Pinsir.

Geodude should handle Whitney with no issues at all.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Silver, that growlithe using roar means you get no encounter on that route. Shame really .
Hnnng... alrighty. ;w; I'll have to note that in my little notepad file that keeps track of the stuff I catch. xD *marks null-and-void for the route*

Anyway, I'll be popping by the xat sometime later today. Least, depending on how far I get through this assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.