• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
@Ace

Pick Totodile if you want the game to be easy because well, crunch, ice fang, waterfull provides great coverage in most of the gyms, you can easily just train him and wreck the jhoto region.
Pick Cynda if you want normal difficulty, with cynda you need maybe 2 good partners to complete the game with ease.
Pick Chico if your a hero, because then your really are depenable of your partners since Chico is meant for support.

Hope that makes your choice easier :)

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
@Ace

Pick Totodile if you want the game to be easy because well, crunch, ice fang, waterfull provides great coverage in most of the gyms, you can easily just train him and wreck the jhoto region.
Pick Cynda if you want normal difficulty, with cynda you need maybe 2 good partners to complete the game with ease.
Pick Chico if your a hero, because then your really are depenable of your partners since Chico is meant for support.

He said Ruby.

To answer your question, Ace, I'd go Mudkip, just because it has the advantage in the first gym, then when it evolves it can handle the third gym. And it has the advantage in the fourth gym. Then again, you should be obtaining Pokemon anyway so you could work around any disadvantages, but if you want a helpful starter, Mudkip's a good choice. Try to get Brave/Relaxed/Quiet/Sassy. You don't need speed and running a mixed set would be best given third gen's physical/special mechanics.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
@Ace

Thanks, but I was asking about Ruby :D. Between Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip.

@ MooseSmuggler, thank you for the suggestion!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Wops Ace, my mistake.

You can also pick the starter for what role it presents and fits your perferd playstyle.

Mudkip will be a tank pokemon
Treeco is more the frail cannon
Torchic is the mixed pokemon.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
Wops Ace, my mistake.

You can also pick the starter for what role it presents and fits your perferd playstyle.

Mudkip will be a tank pokemon
Treeco is more the frail cannon
Torchic is the mixed pokemon.

Thank you. I'll still have a look at the starters. Any last personal suggestions?

Geovanicaon

Need Pokemon Switch
Yes, if its rom, use the randomizer to makes things way more challenging and fun :D

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Does anyone have a Grass Friend Safari? I need a female HA Bulbasaur for breeding purposes :)
I have access to one, but I can breed them as well. Which would you rather like, caught or bred? o:
Nevermind, I just checked my safaris and realized I deleted the person who had that friend safari... whoops. ;w; I can still breed for one, though, if needed.
(Though at this time, I'm still trying to clear out my current breeding agenda so that I don't get too overwhelmed with the requests later. Plus, I'm planning to MM for a Trapinch very soon, so I'm likely to focus more on that by then.)

Yes, if its rom, use the randomizer to makes things way more challenging and fun :D
Gotta be careful when you mention roms and such, because that kind of talk isn't allowed on the forums in general. x.x;

Last edited:

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
Well, I decided to go with Mudkip. So thank you everyone who suggested something to me. I need to decide on a team; a Flying Pokémon would be good for Fly, and the rest will just fit. I'm thinking of either using Altaria, Swellow or Crobat?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Well, I decided to go with Mudkip. So thank you everyone who suggested something to me. I need to decide on a team; a Flying Pokémon would be good for Fly, and the rest will just fit. I'm thinking of either using Altaria, Swellow or Crobat?
I think Swellow or Crobat would do fine. (Jolly nature would be preferred for both of them.) You can get Taillow or Zubat fairly early in the game, and Swablu's not until after the third gym.
I highly recommend getting your flying-type Pokémon early anyway, because you'll need it for the second gym.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
I think Swellow or Crobat would do fine. (Jolly nature would be preferred for both of them.) You can get Taillow or Zubat fairly early in the game, and Swablu's not until after the fourth gym.
I highly recommend getting your flying-type Pokémon early anyway, because you'll need it for the second gym.

True, true. Thanks. I'll probably go for Tailow then. Wondering what's the best possible in-game moveset for Swellow in Ruby? I'm thinking it's Fly - Quick Attack/Façade/Return/Secret Power - Aerial Ace/Wing Attack - Steel Wing

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Crobat defenatly, its a great mon to have around in playthroughs, since you have chosen Mudkip poison flying gives you excellent coverage for grass types.
Not to mention that Zubat is an great answer to the second gym too :).

If you want Swellow then Quick attack - Fly - Facade - SteelWing is probably the best.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
I'm sure Zubat is. But it's always a bloody pain to train without a decent STAB. I was going to use one in HG, but then I signed up for the Nuzclocke. So we'll see how that goes. What moves would you run on it though? Fly - Sludge Bomb - Steel Wing - ?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Thank you! I always like to breed my mons in PokéBalls I either like or think matches fairly well. [:
You made a few decent donations I might be interested in sometime, actually. xD

---​

Anyway, I had two battles taken place at my psychic gym today in the Trinity League. Not sure if these will count as battling non-guildies, but I hope I got this correct/clarified. If I need to classify my opponent's guilds, I'll just put it anyway.

Just a note... there in the Trinity League, we always post our battle results (whether it's a gym battle or a tourney battle), so I hope it may suffice rather than a PM confirmation (though I have the PMs, just in case). And to prevent any confusion, the "challenger result" is literally the challenger's result and not the leader's result.

Point Report(s)

Your username: SilverLanayru
Opponent: Marashu (not in any guilds)
W/L/D: Win
Score: 3-0
Confirmation: [Click here for results.]

Opponent: ColtonL (Veneno Oscuridad)
W/L/D: Loss
Score: 0-4
Confirmation: [Click here for results.] (Not sure why he decided to put it in his latest post in the thread rather than make a new post. lol)

[My own confirmation.]

Total points gained (if correctly): +51 points
Current total: 261 points (unless the point system changes)

i actually was referring to non guild members here that are in another guild in the guild section i may to revise that to make it more clear im sorry but if i get the confirmation of the person ill do it this once for you :) but from now on remember non guild members of this guild that are in another guild in the guild section ;) thanks also i need to do some more updating on things and will announce our war team line up as for now later on i will have someone appointed as war captian and then tryouts will be held to rotate on the team. Also most wars will be on XY OU so we have to have people that at least play the teir and do well which i have a good choice at them moment who would do well.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
i actually was referring to non guild members here that are in another guild in the guild section i may to revise that to make it more clear im sorry but if i get the confirmation of the person ill do it this once for you :) but from now on remember non guild members of this guild that are in another guild in the guild section ;) thanks also i need to do some more updating on things and will announce our war team line up as for now later on i will have someone appointed as war captian and then tryouts will be held to rotate on the team. Also most wars will be on XY OU so we have to have people that at least play the teir and do well which i have a good choice at them moment who would do well.
I had a feeling that was the case. But yeah, hope you can clarify that in the first post [:
To be fair, though, you can just count my battle with ColtonL, because I know he's in VO. xD
(Should just be gaining 1 point instead, then; especially since it's a loss. In this case, my point total should be 211, unless you actually decide to count my other battle this one time only.)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I had a feeling that was the case. But yeah, hope you can clarify that in the first post [:
To be fair, though, you can just count my battle with ColtonL, because I know he's in VO. xD
(Should just be gaining 1 point instead, then; especially since it's a loss. In this case, my point total should be 211, unless you actually decide to count my other battle this one time only.)

Ill figure out what i can do for your points and ill edit it to clarify it a bit more sorry for the confusion

also tested Scizor64 black mage rank

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Posting merely for the sake of my battling activities so far as of today.

Point Report(s)

Opponent: FairyWitch
Score: 1-0

Score: 0-1

Battle of the fairy vs. psychic types. xP Both battles were close but fun, though~

Total points gained: +1 point (for the loss from the second battle), points yet to be determined for the first battle
Current Point total: ~212

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Posting merely for the sake of my battling activities so far as of today.

Point Report(s)

Score: 1-0

Score: 0-1

Battle of the fairy vs. psychic types. xP Both battles were close but fun, though~

Total points gained: +1 point (for the loss from the second battle), points yet to be determined for the first battle
Current Point total: ~212

lol those were some fun matches so much stalling lolololol but yeah i should still award you some points for beating me good job :)

also tournament thread is up so im only posting this once sense all tournaments are suppose to go posted in this thread here first battle will be multibattle wifi only as that we have a large amount of people that like wifi better here and sign ups start tommorow and rules of the multibattle will be the standard banlist rules with what is currently banned right now for example mega kangaskan and etc...please check the thread out and remember where it is at so you know where to post and its located in my sig for future references

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
lol those were some fun matches so much stalling lolololol but yeah i should still award you some points for beating me good job :)

also tournament thread is up so im only posting this once sense all tournaments are suppose to go posted in this thread here first battle will be multibattle wifi only as that we have a large amount of people that like wifi better here and sign ups start tommorow and rules of the multibattle will be the standard banlist rules with what is currently banned right now for example mega kangaskan and etc...please check the thread out and remember where it is at so you know where to post and its located in my sig for future references
Just saw the spreadsheet, you decided to add 30 onto there? o:
Though I think you forgot to add the +1 point from my battle with ColtonL (he's in Veneno Oscuridad), unless you still need some other form of confirmation besides having posted our battle results in the league thread.
But otherwise, yeah... after those fun battles earlier, I think you should try hosting a monotype tourney sometime down the road. :3
In the meantime, I have placed my subscription to the tourney thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.