• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
po is garbage. I downloaded it yesterday and immediately uninstalled. It took me a long time to make a team and connect to server and the gameplay is garbage. It also slowed down my computer.

PO is a old simulator that no one uses that much anymore I don't even use it anymore lol I never liked that simulator in the first place it was like the devil to me becuase everytime i tried to update in the past when that was the simulator for the "clan" section when I started teg first i had to unistall the dang thing just to update it because it wouldn't let me just update it.

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
I really tried to get into showdown but I feel it's just not the same as wifi. It's great for testing teams and gaining competitive experience but there's something so much rewarding in creating a team in game. But then again I love breeding so it's expected of me to say that :)

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Since showdown is being low-tier right now and is down I highly recommend going to Pokemon Online instead if you can. It also has better quality players imo. The only thing I don't like is the sprites and lack of animation.
I used to use PO back in the 4th gen days, and a couple of my friends made our own private server. I never had issues with that simulator overall, but after 5th gen came around and my friends started becoming inactive in our private server, I just kinda stopped using it altogether.

I really tried to get into showdown but I feel it's just not the same as wifi. It's great for testing teams and gaining competitive experience but there's something so much rewarding in creating a team in game. But then again I love breeding so it's expected of me to say that :)
Yay, someone who shares the same thought as me. xD I personally only use PS for testing teams, and if my team works out there, I try to breed/raise that team in-game. I do agree it feels more rewarding to use a wi-fi team. :]

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Since showdown is being low-tier right now and is down I highly recommend going to Pokemon Online instead if you can. It also has better quality players imo. The only thing I don't like is the sprites and lack of animation.

What.

Waiting for the PS servers so I can play tourney matches is the struggle though. LoL Servers down too : [, no purpose in life rn.

Electrolled

I would honestly like to test my teams on PS and then make them in game, but I can never buckle down and take the time that is required to breed my Pokemon. I always think "gee, lemme make sure this team is good before I make it in game" and then I never do because I'll lose a battle or two and god it's frustrating

Also, did anyone see the announcement that VGCs are gonna be in Boston? How do I qualify for those? I'm about 2 hours away from Boston and I'd really like to go but I have no idea where to start. I'm decent in the tier itself but I have no idea how I get to be able to play there. Can I just show up? Do I have to do well in some more local tournaments? What's the deal?

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
I would honestly like to test my teams on PS and then make them in game, but I can never buckle down and take the time that is required to breed my Pokemon. I always think "gee, lemme make sure this team is good before I make it in game" and then I never do because I'll lose a battle or two and god it's frustrating

Also, did anyone see the announcement that VGCs are gonna be in Boston? How do I qualify for those? I'm about 2 hours away from Boston and I'd really like to go but I have no idea where to start. I'm decent in the tier itself but I have no idea how I get to be able to play there. Can I just show up? Do I have to do well in some more local tournaments? What's the deal?

I always wanted to try and go for VGC and test my wits! I believe the details will be announced on the official website then on here soon.

I've gone the other way, I'm in the process of breeding lots of pokemon with the ivs, egg moves natures to make a team and get another idea and start breeding new ones! Got quite a few decent pokes just trying to find the correct balance :)

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper

Boston is garbo

Just build around mega glalie or mega salamence

gg

Electrolled

Boston is garbo

Just build around mega glalie or mega salamence

gg

but how do i get there, can I just show up or do I have to win local tourneys

Also, with 6 slots on the ol' team-a-nator but only 4 mons necessary, can't I just have both garbo mence and garbo glalie on my team, and they each get one garbomon to pair up with them and two more garbo mons that work decently with either?

And is Smer-Kang absolete now? I wouldn't be surprised to find Smer-mence

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
It's time! :)

htfu before oras release!

Also no biased votes or I'll hurt you :)y

ekkn3ap.png

ARE YOU READY TO DIVERGE INTO THE NEW META! LET'S GO!

With the increasing ORAS hype, The Eternian Forces will begin a CCAT in which we will create a team to be used in the current ORAS OU tier, which is bound to be the new OU tier soon. Although Smogon hasn't been focusing much on fixing up this tier, the rules are basically all the usual clauses and bans found in OU, with the addition of Move Tutor moves and new Mega Stones. No other Pokemon have been banned, however, because the evidence against it foreshadows a potential ban, we will NOT be using Salamencite. Pardon the inconvenience.

Here's our current team:
[imgsize=200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/08/334Altaria-Mega.png[/imgsize]
Puff (Altaria) @ Altarite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Dragon Claw / Outrage / Roost / Substitute

462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

461.png

Greninja (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 26 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

645-s.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Stone Edge
- U-Turn

SilverLanayru said:
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Oh yes, there is no question about it. Long existed since the ADV era, the infamous CroCune fits rather well with this team, as it has great synergy with its teammates by patching up those common weaknesses aforementioned, while its teammates can also handle Suicune's common weaknesses and other Pokémon that checks it. (Magnezone can remove Ferrothorn and other Water Absorbers. Weavile checks the Lati twins and Celebi.) And since Lando-T fills in the utility role, Suicune can fill the other role as THE tank. This is fairly self-explanatory for the most part, so you know the drill. Maximize its bulk as much as you can while healing off incoming damage, etc. You're also gaining special attack boosts to power up the hot water, and the 30% chance of burn is pretty nifty for those physical attackers that may give Mega Altaria trouble, like Excadrill, Scizor, and Mamoswine. Heatran may also give our fluffy singer some annoyances, and Scald can help deal with that in case Lando-T falls.

xDIRCIOx said:
Landy-Pandy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

did someone say generic?

Rotom wesh is garb. It can wall so many things, including Greninja, who gives quite a beating to half of the team (physical greninja 6-0's but w/e :/). It has one weakness, which is grass, but lol grass. It also keeps the momentum running and its Hydro Miss hits ground types trying to switch. This specially defensive variant is meant to stop special attackers, although it can burn some physical attackers as well.

Also yw digletto :)

Khybon said:
Trollbro (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability:Regenerator
252 HP 232 Def 24 Special Defense
-Scald
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off

As Silver Stated we have an Incredible weakness to Fire. Ice and Steel. So why not something that can tank and has self recovery with Absolutley no trade off. Fire Blast deals with Ferrothorn and other pesky steels since most steels have awful special defense. Scald eliminates any fire threat and has the potential to burn a Physical sweeper and cripple them. Thunder Wave helps slow them down and possibly cripple them and not to mention the mind game factor of having a Slowbro on your team and an Altaria. WHICH ONES THE MEGA!. Slowbro is the PERFECT answer for this team

Voting ends Friday at 12 AM. Have fun!

Note: Here's a list of Move Tutor moves in ORAS.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Is it vote time?

Electrolled

Voting Rotom-Win (slight bias, but it's for the best member so it's okay)

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Rotom annoys me so much when battling so I have to go with it. Seems to round out the team :)

Eaglehawk

Banned
Username: eaglehawk
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: eaglehawk (basically you'll be able to find me in PS! UU room, if PS! ever comes back up)
Join the guild date: 11/20/14
will you be active?: Most of the time. I'll check in every once in a while.
Region you like: Eisenberg
Referrals: Not necessarily referrals, but members I know from former (defunct) clans are here ( i.e. Saph, Gray, UsaToday). Having some level of familiarity allows me to be better assimilated into the community.

If you have any questions regarding teambuilding, I definitely can help you in UU and ORAS OU. I know a tad bit of NU but that's pretty much it.

As for the CCAT so far, I personally think none of the nominations are sufficient for the team simply because I honestly have no idea why any of them are on there in the first place besides Rotom-W (cuz Lando + Rotom = love). The Slowbro seems absolutely superfluous because we already have Magnezone to trap Steels, so having Lure Slowbro feels weird, not to also mention people are going to assume Altaria is mega 100% simply because normal-Altaria is pure garbage in OU whereas normal-Slowbro is decent.

In my honest opinion, I find the lack of an answer to Mega-Sableye and stall in general the most pressing issue at the moment. Sableye pretty much screws over every single Pokemon on this team. Even Altaria gets murked by Will-O-Wisp. I mean, the Suicune set could help with dealing with Sableye 1v1, but realistically with stall, it's next to impossible, especially with Chansey on stall teams. Furthermore, this team has a pretty bad issue with Scizor and VoltTurn cores (Scizor/Rotom-W/Lando-T) in general. I really can't think of any good options off the top of my head, but these are things to definitely look out for.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Ehhh, while I may have put up a nomination (and because I'm not the type to vote for myself), I'm not gonna cast my vote in this round. If Rotom-W gets picked in the end, however... beware of Mold Breaker Excadrill, especially if it's the scarf variant. :/ (Lando-T won't have problems, but everyone else might if not being careful.)

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Can't tell if Eaglehawk is voting soooo...

ekkn3ap.png

ARE YOU READY TO DIVERGE INTO THE NEW META! LET'S GO!

With the increasing ORAS hype, The Eternian Forces will begin a CCAT in which we will create a team to be used in the current ORAS OU tier, which is bound to be the new OU tier soon. Although Smogon hasn't been focusing much on fixing up this tier, the rules are basically all the usual clauses and bans found in OU, with the addition of Move Tutor moves and new Mega Stones. No other Pokemon have been banned, however, because the evidence against it foreshadows a potential ban, we will NOT be using Salamencite. Pardon the inconvenience.

Here's our current team:
[imgsize=200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/08/334Altaria-Mega.png[/imgsize]
Puff (Altaria) @ Altarite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Dragon Claw / Outrage / Roost / Substitute

462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

461.png

Greninja (Weavile) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 26 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

645-s.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Stone Edge
- U-Turn

SilverLanayru said:
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Oh yes, there is no question about it. Long existed since the ADV era, the infamous CroCune fits rather well with this team, as it has great synergy with its teammates by patching up those common weaknesses aforementioned, while its teammates can also handle Suicune's common weaknesses and other Pokémon that checks it. (Magnezone can remove Ferrothorn and other Water Absorbers. Weavile checks the Lati twins and Celebi.) And since Lando-T fills in the utility role, Suicune can fill the other role as THE tank. This is fairly self-explanatory for the most part, so you know the drill. Maximize its bulk as much as you can while healing off incoming damage, etc. You're also gaining special attack boosts to power up the hot water, and the 30% chance of burn is pretty nifty for those physical attackers that may give Mega Altaria trouble, like Excadrill, Scizor, and Mamoswine. Heatran may also give our fluffy singer some annoyances, and Scald can help deal with that in case Lando-T falls.

xDIRCIOx said:
Landy-Pandy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

did someone say generic?

Rotom wesh is garb. It can wall so many things, including Greninja, who gives quite a beating to half of the team (physical greninja 6-0's but w/e :/). It has one weakness, which is grass, but lol grass. It also keeps the momentum running and its Hydro Miss hits ground types trying to switch. This specially defensive variant is meant to stop special attackers, although it can burn some physical attackers as well.

Also yw digletto :)
|||

Khybon said:
Trollbro (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability:Regenerator
252 HP 232 Def 24 Special Defense
-Scald
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off

As Silver Stated we have an Incredible weakness to Fire. Ice and Steel. So why not something that can tank and has self recovery with Absolutley no trade off. Fire Blast deals with Ferrothorn and other pesky steels since most steels have awful special defense. Scald eliminates any fire threat and has the potential to burn a Physical sweeper and cripple them. Thunder Wave helps slow them down and possibly cripple them and not to mention the mind game factor of having a Slowbro on your team and an Altaria. WHICH ONES THE MEGA!. Slowbro is the PERFECT answer for this team

Voting ends Friday at 12 AM. Have fun!

Note: Here's a list of Move Tutor moves in ORAS.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Username: eaglehawk
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: eaglehawk (basically you'll be able to find me in PS! UU room, if PS! ever comes back up)
Join the guild date: 11/20/14
will you be active?: Most of the time. I'll check in every once in a while.
Region you like: Eisenberg
Referrals: Not necessarily referrals, but members I know from former (defunct) clans are here ( i.e. Saph, Gray, UsaToday). Having some level of familiarity allows me to be better assimilated into the community.

If you have any questions regarding teambuilding, I definitely can help you in UU and ORAS OU. I know a tad bit of NU but that's pretty much it.

As for the CCAT so far, I personally think none of the nominations are sufficient for the team simply because I honestly have no idea why any of them are on there in the first place besides Rotom-W (cuz Lando + Rotom = love). The Slowbro seems absolutely superfluous because we already have Magnezone to trap Steels, so having Lure Slowbro feels weird, not to also mention people are going to assume Altaria is mega 100% simply because normal-Altaria is pure garbage in OU whereas normal-Slowbro is decent.

In my honest opinion, I find the lack of an answer to Mega-Sableye and stall in general the most pressing issue at the moment. Sableye pretty much screws over every single Pokemon on this team. Even Altaria gets murked by Will-O-Wisp. I mean, the Suicune set could help with dealing with Sableye 1v1, but realistically with stall, it's next to impossible, especially with Chansey on stall teams. Furthermore, this team has a pretty bad issue with Scizor and VoltTurn cores (Scizor/Rotom-W/Lando-T) in general. I really can't think of any good options off the top of my head, but these are things to definitely look out for.

welcome eaglehawk to the guild and this ccat is just a fun ccat that most people are just trying to nominate something together as well as most people here do wifi more so most don't play PS's oras simulator teir to know what works well. I know a few people here do but not much mostly wifi thanks for the help though and tip for everyone :3

Last edited:

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
I never realised PS had a minority here, huh. I'm a Showdown player since I cannot be bothered to breed for stuff unless it's for in-game, which reminds me since I'd like to do some form of runthrough - maybe an Emerald one before ORAS comes out since I've never beaten the originals. Not that I'd be able to breed for it, but you know... anyway, I'll probably just vote for Slowbro since it's cool and Regenerator is nifty whereas Suicune has to run RestTalk (which isn't bad, but it's unreliable). I also prefer Rotom- W running ChestoRest since it checks Mandibuzz, Hippowdon Heatran with Toxic easier. I don't know, I've grown to like Rest.

I need to build a team. No idea what tier - I'd do NU but I'm not going to waste my time on the tier if the tournament won't run; I'd rather build in a different tier. ORAS OU seems like a decent choice overall considering everyone's on it, but UU and RU have their perks.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I never realised PS had a minority here, huh. I'm a Showdown player since I cannot be bothered to breed for stuff unless it's for in-game, which reminds me since I'd like to do some form of runthrough - maybe an Emerald one before ORAS comes out since I've never beaten the originals. Not that I'd be able to breed for it, but you know... anyway, I'll probably just vote for Slowbro since it's cool and Regenerator is nifty whereas Suicune has to run RestTalk (which isn't bad, but it's unreliable). I also prefer Rotom- W running ChestoRest since it checks Mandibuzz, Hippowdon Heatran with Toxic easier. I don't know, I've grown to like Rest.

I need to build a team. No idea what tier - I'd do NU but I'm not going to waste my time on the tier if the tournament won't run; I'd rather build in a different tier. ORAS OU seems like a decent choice overall considering everyone's on it, but UU and RU have their perks.

yeah most tef members here either like wifi better then showdown or they just refuse to use showdown all together. I still use both no matter what but I still rather have a balance though for us with PS users and Wifi users here in tef. I am more a wifi person tbh I always have been but lately I have been using showdown more but then went back to wifi. I just love to breed, shiny hunt and rng. I feel I work harder when I do this stuff I don't know but it just makes me feel better. I just love wifi atmosphere better as showdown is more of a team build first and try it out before making teams.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
I've just built a UU team that I'm currently testing out. 2 battles in so can't say much about it, but I've won both matches pretty easily, mind you I'm probably bottom of the ladder at the moment. We'll see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.