• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
The baton pass mentioned in the move is probably a relic of when the move was allowed in more than one Pokémon in any given team. Still, we can take that concept and make a wall that does much the same thing, but more.

Careful/Calm/Whatever nature (depending on your defensive needs)

Curse
Toxic/Protect
Moonlight/Wish/Toxic/Protect
Foul Play

What this generalized set essentially does is abuse the Foul Play mechanic while taking advantage of any boosts provided by Curse. While it won't be as powerful against the walls you're going to be facing, that won't deter you very much when you've got something like Toxic on your side, as well as a healing move for opposing Pokémon that resist your status and your attacks. This Pokémon is aimed at being a pivot for your team. While it may or may not accomplish a lot in the long run solely on its own, its main role is to deprive your opponent of their momentum. As long as that goal is accomplished, this Umbreon easily fulfills its purpose in life.

Be it a wish passer or a tank, this set covers many different uses in one neat package. Just tailor the set to your team's greatest advantage, and away you go.

Last edited:

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
The baton pass mentioned in the move is probably a relic of when the move was allowed in more than one Pokémon in any given team. Still, we can take that concept and make a wall that does much the same thing, but more.

Careful/Calm/Whatever nature (depending on your defensive needs)

Curse
Toxic/Protect
Moonlight/Wish/Toxic/Protect
Foul Play

What this generalized set essentially does is abuse the Foul Play mechanic while taking advantage of any boosts provided by Curse. While it won't be as powerful against the walls you're going to be facing, that won't deter you very much when you've got something like Toxic on your side, as well as a healing move for opposing Pokémon that resist your status and your attacks. This Pokémon is aimed at being a pivot for your team. While it may or may not accomplish a lot in the long run solely on its own, its main role is to deprive your opponent of their momentum. As long as that goal is accomplished, this Umbreon easily fulfills its purpose in life.

Be it a wish passer or a tank, this set covers many different uses in one neat package. Just tailor the set to your team's greatest advantage, and away you go.

Yeah Cosmic has a much better handle on this than me, I didn't even notice Baton Pass was in the move set. Cosmic's moveset is much better.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
To be honest, I've got little knowledge of the current metagame. (In fact, I barely know more than the general banlist for OU, if that.) The sets I come up with merely attempt to deal with as much as possible out there, regardless of tier or typing. I suppose that's why my Lapras set was so effective back when Black & White was still a thing. :p

For me, Pokémon that can deal with multiple types of threats are better than those that are overly specialized. Sure, that means my teams aren't always as strong, but it also means that they can adapt a lot more easily to a bad matchup than many others out there. That's the sort of thing I try to pursue when teambuilding.

Last edited:

Togia

The Gawd
What's the point of baton pass? Wish still passes itself with a regular switch.

Baton Pass is usually used so that you can get in a 100% safe switch to your Wish receiver due to Umbreons low speed. It also lets you scout whether or not your opponent switches out as well.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Unfortunately Baton Pass is now limited to one per team. However, it can be tailored to a Curse/Wish Pass Umbreon if you really want to milk it for all it's worth. It's not going to be the most effective Baton Passer out there, but I can easily see it being very annoying if you play it right.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Unfortunately Baton Pass is now limited to one per team. However, it can be tailored to a Curse/Wish Pass Umbreon if you really want to milk it for all it's worth. It's not going to be the most effective Baton Passer out there, but I can easily see it being very annoying if you play it right.

Not much of a problem since passing stats with Baton Pass is uncompetitive and you really won't be using it much.

Baton Pass functions just like U-Turn and Volt Switch, providing the user with momentum when the opponent tries to bring in a counter. It's downsides are that you might accidentally pass an Intimidate or Defog.

can u learn parting shot please

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Hi everyone! I'm alive!
I hope everyone is well. :)

Okay so this has been a weird week. 5 random MM shinies! O_O'

Shiny #1 - The first shiny Torchic hatched on Valentine's day. 31/28/31/xx/31/31 IVs Jolly HA.

Shiny #2 - A second shiny Torchic hatches same day 6 eggs later. This is the shocker..31/31/31/31/31/31 HA JOLLY!!! O_O" I' still taking it in tbh lol

Shiny #3 - SAME DAY AGAIN, a shiny Charmander hatches 20 eggs later! 31/31/08/31/31/31 Blaze Adamant O_O'''''''' I flipped lol

Shiny #4 - Four days later, a Sheildon hatches an off color...I got to the summary and confirmed..SHINY! 31/31/xx/xx/31/31 Mild(no everstone T_T") HA tho

Shiny #5 - 1 day after Sheildon, I hatch a shiny Ralts. 31/31/31/xx/xx/31 Trace Jolly male WHAT IS THIS LUCK?!

Don't forget to do your war battles guys i am doing mine tonight so ....

Not really sure what to say and i am not going say bye to a group of people takes to much time and there be a lot to do. so all i am going say is take care everyone and you are by far in the best guild on serebii with a leader who shows dedication and cares for every member and because of that this guild will last for years like TEG and it's a shame a cant be active enough to watch it grow.

The guild have had it's rough times with drama but what guild never has any sort of drama? anyway if drama does happen remain calm and don't leave the guild because of it just go speak to fairy or other people in the guild they will sort it out. if you ever need help with your wifi team go see em and fairy but there are other people who can help breed pokes since everyone is helpful.

and bye to a lot of friends i have out of the guild.

anyway good luck in wars and dont forget to msg me on fb fairy if you need me or just to update war page and congratz burn for when you become the hard route champ on tef league

giphy.gif

Bye Naoto! I'll miss you and you were a great member to this guild! Everyone I think can say they will miss you. Good luck to you on your future endeavors~

congratulations emii on all those shinies! i never seen so many in a few days of MMing :)

also can anyone answer this for me as i was reading the pokemon of the week for klefki in the 1st set it was said use Calm nature rather than a Careful one if using Foul Play or Flash Cannon, i understand Flash Cannon since careful lowers spatk, but why does it matter for foul play since i thought the move uses ur opponents atk to cause damage, i had used careful with foul play on PS was i wrong?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
It might use the Attack difference, but I have no idea.

Also, congrats on being smiled upon by the gods of fortune, Emii xD

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys fairy here to make her daily leader post which I am still here just with irl and work atm I should be on more at the end of this week so just a heads up as well as I know i need to fix that xat back will do right now for a short second to fix it but I have to leave the xat after fixing it.

scizor64

"sciz"
Hey there folks,
Hope every1 is hanging in there through these cold months for some of us. I have decided to start completing the dex in AS. For those who dont know, I have never completed the dex in my entire life. So with some determination and help from others I should be able to get it done.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Hey there folks,
Hope every1 is hanging in there through these cold months for some of us. I have decided to start completing the dex in AS. For those who dont know, I have never completed the dex in my entire life. So with some determination and help from others I should be able to get it done.

If you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask us! I tend to have a pretty diverse amount of pokemon on hand so I can lend a hand if needed =P

Also I loved the cold >:C I am sad that it's almost over, spring and summer is a harsh and brutal time for me, I might melt :C

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Hey there folks,

Baby it's cold outside
..sweater weather.....
/dies.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
If you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask us! I tend to have a pretty diverse amount of pokemon on hand so I can lend a hand if needed =P

Also I loved the cold >:C I am sad that it's almost over, spring and summer is a harsh and brutal time for me, I might melt :C

Same here, I even have most of the hard to get trade pokemon or event pokemon. Refreeze, I don't know where you live, but I'm starting to get tired of walking to my bus stop at -39 degrees (which oddly enough is the same temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius).

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Baby it's cold outside
..sweater weather.....
/dies.

The weather was perfect in the morning, now its hot af :/

Speaking of rain can anyone get me a Ferrothorn in a luxury ball please?

Also anyone have HA Tyrunts yet?

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Hey there folks,

Yeah Scizor, when we're on the Xat, just lemme know what you need. If I have it, I'd be glad to help out o/

Marika_CZ

I thought I was the only one who didn't care about completing dex until seeing Scizor's post ;)

I did want a shiny charm tho, so I took the dex seriously this generation - and finally got my charm yesterday. I didn't waste any time to MM myself a shiny Bellsprout today! Stats are good enough to use it competitively too.

Also is there anyone who plays NU tier on wifi? I really like NU but its kinda hard to find people with NU-exclusive teams...

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
Same here, I even have most of the hard to get trade pokemon or event pokemon. Refreeze, I don't know where you live, but I'm starting to get tired of walking to my bus stop at -39 degrees (which oddly enough is the same temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius).

D: I am jealous! We should trade places! Ahhh, I miss the cold harsh environment of my native land of Antarctica :D I was raised among the Penguins until it was my time to leave :C now I have to live in this humid environment where it gets up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit almost every day! :'C I might actually die.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I thought I was the only one who didn't care about completing dex until seeing Scizor's post ;)

I did want a shiny charm tho, so I took the dex seriously this generation - and finally got my charm yesterday. I didn't waste any time to MM myself a shiny Bellsprout today! Stats are good enough to use it competitively too.

Also is there anyone who plays NU tier on wifi? I really like NU but its kinda hard to find people with NU-exclusive teams...

I'm not NU exclusive, but I'm pretty darn close.
I'll raise a few more of the iv mons I have soon when I have some free time,perhaps at the weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.