• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey I'm not gone! Just been busy with finals and dealing with satanic roommates. Luckily my last class is tomorrow and I fly back home on Friday. I vote for OU :)

its alright take your time my friend finals are more important then serebii atm so when you come back we be waiting as long as you post once per month your fine but tbh you be fine either way haven't had a chance in months to update the spread and front so no worries ^_^ that is how I was in teg anway LOL

anyway this is the tally for the CCAT atm
6 OU
5 NU
1 RU

you all that haven't voted yet got until midnight tonight to vote then after midnight hits we will be voting on the type of team style like balance,stall, and etc.

also our guild league is hosting a tournament if you guys like to join its PS only

Rules
1.) You must have access to Pokemon Showdown to do this tournament because it will take some time to make a team for this tournament if using wifi.
2.)You only use ONE eeveelution in your team for this tournament, so choose wisely which there is a limit on the eeveelutions since there is a 8 different forms the limit for each eeveelution use is 4 people.( so for example: if 4 people choose Jolteon,you are no longer able to choose which first comes first serve.)
3.) it will be a 32 man tour so once filled up the tournament will start but if I have trouble getting people it will cut in half and I will only accept 16 which in that case the eevelution choice will be down to two instead of 4 per eeveelution.
4.) any teir is welcomed is the twist except Ubers!this gives some fair to some eeveelutions are not in OU. Also, I would like to point out there will be a limit on the tiers for some fairness because most people will choose a whole OU team which wouldn't be fair for someone using all NU pokes. I will make a point you limit for each teir will be no more then two for each teir.
Note: if your eeveelution is a OU teir that counts as 1 OU monster so you only have one slot for OU. Also, If you have a mega pokemon that counts as a teir it in, not before the mega evolution but after it evolves it counts.
Example: Mega Gardevoir is OU which the standard gardevior is not which it would be OU because the megastone is on her.
5.) follow the standard smogon rules please and this tournament is SINGLES ONLY.
6.) If you guys can't work out a battle to your opponent by the time is up for the rounds, it will be a coin flip to who gets the win. ( I will only accept a battles after the time for extreme circumstances.) If they are simply inactive with no response at all then the win will be given to the active user.
7.) Have Fun!​

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Originally, I thought the tournament was going to be Eevee evolutions ONLY. Or maybe 5 Eevee evolutions and 1 non. But I guess 1 Eevee evolution and 5 non will make predictions and preparations much harder.

Any idea what the next tournament is going to be like?

that is the point to make a challenge to make a team aroud that eeveelution, the old tournament kinda died only because the set of rules of the tournament was pretty vague as well as alot of people built there teams way to much around OU which people that have eeveelutions that are not in the OU teir made it pretty unfair trying to cut that down as well with the rules and the next one will be theme based with our guild's theme will tell details later ;)

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Posting for activity. :]

Finally stopped by the xat after who-know-how-long. xD I finished my final exams two weeks ago, but I've been awfully sidetracked with other stuff.
But on the bright side, I do have a long vacation since I'm not taking any summer classes this year (plus, I don't think I need to at this point).
(Btw, super late reply, but thanks for all the birthday wishes~)

Pokémon-wise... Rumble World is addicting, I'll admit it, haha. It's still taking me some time before I regain all my motivation for ORAS, but I'll know when the time is right. xP

Other gaming wise... Smash Bros is still a thing for me. Mario Kart 8, I went "Leroy Jenkins" when trying out the 200cc. Talk about sanic speed. x.x
I'm loving this new gaming laptop, been playing some Elsword. Also tried playing LoL again (I haven't really un-retired yet) but mostly in bots to unrust-ish; gotta love my 60 fps... except I miss my 20 ping. ;w;

Anyways, for the CCAT, I vote NU!
Not because to make it tied. Being serious, NU mons need more love. :3

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

Finally stopped by the xat after who-know-how-long. xD I finished my final exams two weeks ago, but I've been awfully sidetracked with other stuff.
But on the bright side, I do have a long vacation since I'm not taking any summer classes this year (plus, I don't think I need to at this point).

Pokémon-wise... Rumble World is addicting, I'll admit it, haha. It's still taking me some time before I regain all my motivation for ORAS, but I'll know when the time is right. xP

Other gaming wise... Smash Bros is still a thing for me. Mario Kart 8, I went "Leroy Jenkins" when trying out the 200cc. Talk about sanic speed. x.x
I'm loving this new gaming laptop, been playing some Elsword. Also tried playing LoL again (I haven't really un-retired yet) but mostly in bots to unrust-ish; gotta love my 60 fps... except I miss my 20 ping. ;w;

yeah it was great to have you stop by ^_^ glad to see your doing alright silver ;)

also here is the tallie now

6 OU
6 NU
1 RU

if there isn't a tie breaker I will flip a coin to see which one wins...

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!

Dat 200 CC... we F-Zero now. :V Let me know if you ever wish to play Smash on Wii U. o/

Also I vote for NU for CCAT

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I'm gonna abstain from voting for the tier. I haven't been playing enough to justify it. Just...don't choose a style and then pick sets that go against it.

But yeah, I've been working on getting a PC to design games on, and doing an all-female marathon of the Dragon Age games. My Warden became queen of Ferelden and Hawke's adventures are just beginning.

And yes, I *am* still alive, sorry for my inactivity.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Well, since I haven't posted in the thread in like, literal forever, here I iz. Supz?

...aaaand OU (Since we are apparently doing a CCAT...I need to pay more attention)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Well, since I haven't posted in the thread in like, literal forever, here I iz. Supz?

...aaaand OU (Since we are apparently doing a CCAT...I need to pay more attention)

and once again this vote has expired but anyway its cool Lets tally them up and announce or winner and move on already XD

8 OU
8 NU
1 RU

which its still a tie so coin flip edit in a sec the winner....

OU=heads
NU=tails

well it was tails so NU wins

time to start voting on our team style so vote away with suggestions ^_^ I will give everyone till 24th of may at midnight my time gmt -5 to vote

Last edited:

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
and once again this vote has expired but anyway its cool Lets tally them up and announce or winner and move on already XD

8 OU
8 NU
1 RU

which its still a tie so coin flip edit in a sec the winner....

OU=heads
NU=tails

well it was tails so NU wins

time to start voting on our team style so vote away with suggestions ^_^ I will give everyone till 24th of may at midnight my time gmt -5 to vote
Like you actually flipped...
Well, I'm feeling extra lazy (And I know nothing about NU), so SMOGON ACTIVATE!
tumblr_m7a37uNuUs1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

Move 1 Rock Climb/Double-Edge
Move 2 Earthquake
Move 3 Zen Headbutt
Move 4 Fire Blast
Item Life Orb
Ability Sheer Force
Nature Naive
EVs 252Atk 4SpA 252 Spe
"Rock Climb is Tauros's strongest STAB move and 2HKOes, at worst, every offensive Pokemon that doesn't resist it. It is preferred over Double-Edge, as Rock Climb lacks recoil, increasing Tauros's lifespan considerably; however, Double-Edge can still be used for the increased power and accuracy. Earthquake is used to hit Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon which resist Rock Climb. Zen Headbutt hits Ghost-types other than Doublade harder than any other move on this set, OHKOing frailer ones with some prior damage; it also hits Fighting-types, such as Virizion and Hitmontop, a bit harder, allowing Tauros to revenge kill. Zen Headbutt is also a more accurate against weakened targets where you can't afford to miss. Fire Blast roasts Steel-types that have lower Special Defense, such as Doublade, and deals more damage to Tangrowth, Steelix, and Cobalion than any other move on Tauros's set. It OHKOes Durant and 2HKOes Escavalier."

Marika_CZ

Voting for balanced team!

*Looking at Leaf's post* Can we start posting mon suggestions right away too or do we wait for play style to be confirmed?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Voting for balanced team!

*Looking at Leaf's post* Can we start posting mon suggestions right away too or do we wait for play style to be confirmed?

I think Leaf jumped the gun a bit, but that's up to Eve. I assume if he did, he can re-offer the idea. Unless Tauros no longer fits the playstyle.

Oh, and my all-female playthrough has finally reached Inquisition. Couldn't resist the allure of playing a Qunari mage <3

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Like you actually flipped...
Well, I'm feeling extra lazy (And I know nothing about NU), so SMOGON ACTIVATE!
tumblr_m7a37uNuUs1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

Move 1 Rock Climb/Double-Edge
Move 2 Earthquake
Move 3 Zen Headbutt
Move 4 Fire Blast
Item Life Orb
Ability Sheer Force
Nature Naive
EVs 252Atk 4SpA 252 Spe
"Rock Climb is Tauros's strongest STAB move and 2HKOes, at worst, every offensive Pokemon that doesn't resist it. It is preferred over Double-Edge, as Rock Climb lacks recoil, increasing Tauros's lifespan considerably; however, Double-Edge can still be used for the increased power and accuracy. Earthquake is used to hit Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon which resist Rock Climb. Zen Headbutt hits Ghost-types other than Doublade harder than any other move on this set, OHKOing frailer ones with some prior damage; it also hits Fighting-types, such as Virizion and Hitmontop, a bit harder, allowing Tauros to revenge kill. Zen Headbutt is also a more accurate against weakened targets where you can't afford to miss. Fire Blast roasts Steel-types that have lower Special Defense, such as Doublade, and deals more damage to Tangrowth, Steelix, and Cobalion than any other move on Tauros's set. It OHKOes Durant and 2HKOes Escavalier."

lol I actually flipped a coin which it was a dime to be exact but anyway were only voting for the team build first so save the bull for later :p

NU huh? Ah, rats. Looks like I won't be suggesting anything. Not because "oh no, my vote didn't get selected!" or anything like that. I just don't know what's in the NU tier or what opponents to expect while using an NU team, so I won't have a clue what to suggest.

So... I'll just watch silently.

you will still be able to vote the team members though after we have that people nominate when time comes ;)

I think Leaf jumped the gun a bit, but that's up to Eve. I assume if he did, he can re-offer the idea. Unless Tauros no longer fits the playstyle.

Oh, and my all-female playthrough has finally reached Inquisition. Couldn't resist the allure of playing a Qunari mage <3

yes leaf jumped ahead a bit XD anyway your right were voting on the team build style first ;)

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I doubt I'll be able to help build, but I wouldn't mind seeing an NU bulky offense team. So I'll nominate it.

My reason is two-fold. 1) We've done it before and I enjoyed the style, and 2) ...Qunari mage...shush...

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I too vote Bulky Offense. Even though I'll likely have little time to research enough to contribute to this team, it is still by far my favorite playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.