• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aon_Epiphany

Dreams and Wishes
Im back. EV training and playing my Xbox 360 has taken a lot of my time from actually being on serebii. But all my boxes are now trained and ready to fight when the time is ready...to fight.im tired goodnight.

all of your boxes are trained. I could be misunderstanding, but dang that is a lot of pokemon. Ihave a lot of work to do. xD

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
all of your boxes are trained. I could be misunderstanding, but dang that is a lot of pokemon. Ihave a lot of work to do. xD

Yeah from doing the battle mason and elite 4 over and over to get enough proteins and those other ones. Then once all of the mons had 200EVs I started the grueling EV training. It was a big pain in the butt. Though now I have pretty much all the monster I need. Well besides like shell smash cloyster but meh.

On another note holy craps was yesterday bad on battle spot. All I faced was uber teams. Of course it was nothing my special attacking mega garchomp couldn't handle haha.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have all 31 boxes filled with fully EV'd Pokemon, if that's what you're thinking. I presume a set amount of boxes.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Wait, why is EVing considered "grueling"? In XY/ORAS, it takes like 5 minutes to finish EVing a Pokemon.

True. It would have been much faster to use the Horde Method. Still, all 31 boxes would take way too much time, especially factoring in playing other games and day-to-day life.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
Yeah I only had to train about 8 boxes worth of pokemon. I have 4 boxes that has the monster I actually use. The other four boxes are for my brother since he doesn't have time to train his with school and all. Oh and I didn't even consider the hoarde training thing. I forgot about it to be honest. So yeah spent those long hours training them one by one.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
That's rough. With the hordes, you need exactly 5 battles to get from 0 to 250 EVs. Have one Pokemon do the EVing (splash damage move, such as Dazzling Gleam), one guy with Sweet Scent, and 4 guys you want to EV holding the same Power item, with Exp All on. But of course, EVing like this does mean that you have to level them more, since they'll all be like lever 15 once they're done being EVed.

......im like in between being mad and sad because I didn't do that sooner. It would've gone by so quick. I'm...I'm just gonna take a break from pokemon for like a day or two and uh...probably go outside for once.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
So, I'm looking for some inspiration on what Pokémon to breed and raise on my copy of Omega Ruby.

I need the Pokémon to (of course) be breedable on the ORAS games. Does anyone have any creative and/or underrated ideas for me to try out???

Aon_Epiphany

Dreams and Wishes
I actually find ev training to be not that bad. or me its the breeding. even though it is a heck a lot easiers compared to previous gens (or so I've heard, never got into competitive battling until oras and still haven't gotten much of any experience in it yet, I just get so bared with it fast.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Sorry, started another Dragon Age marathon, been killing f***boy shems in the first game <3

Voting for Exeggutor. Don't know much about NU, but Harvest/Rest/Chesto is too good not to vote for.

And might I mention that Nintendo's website is difficult to find certain information on. I'd like to find info on publishing indie games on their systems, but nooooooo, can't make that info easy to find >__> To be fair, it'll take time to get anything done, so said information is liable to change, but I still wanna know.

Reposting in case you missed it Eve.

Also still no info >__>

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
I love how everyone addresses me as "DX" for short even though my shop clearly says "PT's Perfect Shiny Shop" (also on signature).
I don't even know what DX stands for in my ID. It's a part of my previous ID, and the reasoning behind it is long forgotten. The rest of my ID follows a reference (hinted throughout my profile), in which case, the "PT" part is the most important section.

Then again, I feel that "DX" sounds a bit better than "PT", so I don't mind at all. Just saying.

Oh, and I might begin yet another HG RNG run (#... 9? Something like that for HGSS), just for the sake of playing through the game and not rushing. Meaning, all Legendaries in HG are available for shiny IV 31 all of either Modest or Timid. With the "coveted" Defog availability as well. Stuff like Latias, Dialga/Palkia, etc. I have no use for more of them, so I'll either donate them to the league (raffles), sell them, or... be "convinced" to give them away. So just a heads up. That said, if there's a Legendary you'd want from that run, better reserve them fast.

Heh " convinced"...hmm I will give you....1 million poke dollars for one.

On another note...I want those new fire emblem games to come out in the US already...oh and that super mystery dungeon since I haven't really played one since explorers of sky.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Reposting in case you missed it Eve.

Also still no info >__>

didn't miss just we were not voting at the time you voted XD but thanks for reposting ;)

I love how everyone addresses me as "DX" for short even though my shop clearly says "PT's Perfect Shiny Shop" (also on signature).
I don't even know what DX stands for in my ID. It's a part of my previous ID, and the reasoning behind it is long forgotten. The rest of my ID follows a reference (hinted throughout my profile), in which case, the "PT" part is the most important section.

Then again, I feel that "DX" sounds a bit better than "PT", so I don't mind at all. Just saying.

Oh, and I might begin yet another HG RNG run (#... 9? Something like that for HGSS), just for the sake of playing through the game and not rushing. Meaning, all Legendaries in HG are available for shiny IV 31 all of either Modest or Timid. With the "coveted" Defog availability as well. Stuff like Latias, Dialga/Palkia, etc. I have no use for more of them, so I'll either donate them to the league (raffles), sell them, or... be "convinced" to give them away. So just a heads up. That said, if there's a Legendary you'd want from that run, better reserve them fast.

well your username starts with DX not PT that is why I call you that XD I tend to give short names after the beginning of peoples usernames which DX is the first part of your username. I think maybe you should get a name change with PT instead of DX and take it out at the end :p speaking of heartgold runs I really need to finish my timid/modest flawless shiny run ._. I have a shiny palkia at least in that run ;)

Last edited:

Reisuke

Apparently i died

I'd really love something of those but the only thing i still have that you might want would be a 31/31/XX/31/31/31 mild shiny reshiram.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
"2401PT" is a reference to something else, so I won't really change that. It's a part of a naming scheme. It saves me the effort of coming up with different IDs for myself.
Sinjoh Ruins RNG is SO annoying. Advancing the frames one by one, and each advancements takes a while thanks to the phone calls. I once had to advance 450 ish frames like that, and that was absolutely maddening.

Once I do restart HG again, the Legendaries will go on sale. Like last time. Sold for a PP Max or whatever BP item that I'm too lazy to buy myself with the 4 digit BP count.

Ok. I really hope you do that run (there is stuff i want)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
"2401PT" is a reference to something else, so I won't really change that. It's a part of a naming scheme. It saves me the effort of coming up with different IDs for myself.
Sinjoh Ruins RNG is SO annoying. Advancing the frames one by one, and each advancements takes a while thanks to the phone calls. I once had to advance 450 ish frames like that, and that was absolutely maddening.

ahhh I got it just yeah that is why I call you dx though is because your front part of your username has that in it XD also really? I never had trouble with the rnging my palkia which it took me two tries and I got it *shrugs* maybe it may be that you already captured the roamers? I normally leave roamers last because they help me figure out where I am at on the calls and etc. I pretty good at rnging in 4th gen then bw breeding for some reason LOL total opposites I see. I rng black and white which takes me like two or three hours sometimes to rng one seed compared to rnging on a 4th gen game which is like not even 30 minutes >.>

I'd really love something of those but the only thing i still have that you might want would be a 31/31/XX/31/31/31 mild shiny reshiram.

he is rnging on heartgold and soulsilver which reshiram isn't in the game which I thought anyway shiny reshi impossible until oras came in >.> I remember the rng mechanics in bw and bw2 that it not impossible to have it shiny.

edit: nvm on that I thought you were asking reisuke XD

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
No, no. Hitting the seed isn't the problem. Advancing the frames is the problem, since they take SO LONG. I think the Timid IV 31 all frame is... 114? You start at 1, and you stop advancing at 113, so you'll need to make 112 Pokegear calls. And if you haven't unlocked all the Elm calls (Pokerus, Kanto, show him Togepi), then you have to use Juggler Irwin to the north of Goldenrod. And his "Pokerus" equivalent call is like... 10 lines of stuff. Takes SO long.
Compared to say... Roamer RNG, or other stationary Pokemon RNG, in which case I just use Chatots. With that, I can advance 900 frames much faster than advancing 50 through the call method.

Really? BW RNG takes me no time at all. Do you search for the seed every time? That's probably why. I save the commonly used seeds on a text file so I can access it really quickly. Like...
Male, shiny, IV 31 all, non-ditto parents, Everstone Nature
(insert seed here) Ability 0
(insert seed date here) (insert seed time here) (frame)

And for encounter IV 31 all spreads, I RNG the ID and SID for shiny on that frame, so I just need to remember when that seed occurs.
White Perfect Spread
(insert seed here)
(insert seed date here) (insert seed time here)

So from there, RNGing takes like... 10 minutes. My record: 6 Legendaries RNGed and captured (non Master Ball) in White2 in an hour.

well this is breeding only on bw mostly though I do I don't really do much of the other things in black and white besides rng breed which I have horrible trouble with the hitting the seed *shrugs*when I rng on hg and ss though I have no problem with the elm calls taking so long. I forgot what my frame was but I sure for the palkia shiny frame >.> I know all that what you say but never took that long to get palkia just the long part was getting the id abuse done first is the longest part to prepare for the frame for rng only because I found out my first reporter was bugged. I used erwin I think for the calls since I am still early in the game for that rng. I know for sure this was like 3 or 4 years ago though since I rnged 4th gen so memory is fuzzy but I know for sure it wasn't long to rng that legendary.

Last edited:

scizor64

"sciz"
2 small updates/guild activity from me:

1. Nomination Vote: My vote for the first round of the CCAT goes to DX's Calm Mind Uxie. I chose it mainly because it can act act as a defensive pivot, is bulky, and can set up nicely thanks to said bulk. Sadly it lacks good recovery but I think that all those things I said before about it as well as the fact that is had "decent" coverage with those moves makes up for it. It's giga drain move will also help it heal damage. I wouldn't mind seeing yawn make it into the moveset or something, but its current moveset is great too.

2. Sadly for me I cannot take part on xat anymore. Network problems are constantly kicking me off xats server or something and I dont even know where to begin to fix it. So if you saw me come on and leave suddenly out of the blue without saying good bye that is why. Hopefully though Ill be getting a new computer (PC) sometime soon (smash for 2/3 ds will have to wait) so perhaps that will fix it.

Thats all from me for this time, take care ya'll

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
How about clean threat removals? Aka, control Pokemon. Such as...

Aggron. Sturdy. Adamant. EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd. Preferred IVs to be 0 for Def and Sp. Def.
Item: Custap Berry (the one that lets you go first in a pinch).
Metal Burst
Head Smash
Endeavor
Earthquake/whatever/irrelevant

Plan: against an opponent who has set up too much and can one-shot your entire team, send in this guy. Survive with Sturdy. Kill the guy with Metal Burst on the same turn. Against the opponent's next guy, your Custap Berry triggers, so you hit em first with either Head Smash (blaze of glory), or Endeavor, whichever one would do more damage.

I've honestly no idea why I've not thought of such a move set.

I was personally thinking of a set that utilized something along the lines of this:

Aggron. Rock Head. Jolly. EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd.
Item: Focus Sash
Rock Polish
Head Smash
Iron Head
Earthquake/whatever/irrelevant

More or less, it's just a normal sweeper... but I might as well try your idea. It looks pretty interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.