• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Can an UU Pokemon be nomitade or are OU and BL the only ones allowed? I only use like 2 or 3 OU pokemon in an OU team so that's why I'm asking.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Can an UU Pokemon be nomitade or are OU and BL the only ones allowed? I only use like 2 or 3 OU pokemon in an OU team so that's why I'm asking.

You can nominate anything, but be aware of the metagame. If you nominate a set that can only deal with UU threats, you're shooting yourself in the foot. There are plenty of viable sets that can deal with OU threats, just make sure to use one of those.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

well moose summed up what I was about to say but will say again you can do lower teir pokemon nominations but like moose said make sure it be enough to face the the OU teir metagame threats.

also gunna extend the nominations to march 1st so people can get there nominations in which I will be nominating something in a bit just haven't had a chance yet.

Count my vote for McDanger's Altaria set I find that cloud dragon dangerous whenever I come across it in any battle I do.

I will keep this in mind when we start voting for the first member of the team :p i haven't started the voting just yet ;) if you change your mind with the voting just post when I announce to vote :3

edit: also got a new 3ds which I picked up tonight the anniversary edition one :3 I plan on transferring all my data which yay face plate changing time :p

Last edited:

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Ok then, here's my nomination:

Name: Vaporeon
Moves: Scald
Wish
Substitute
Baton Pass
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 Sp.Def

Vaporeon is one of my favorite Pokemon and this set has helped me so much in the past. Scald is a great move that combined with Vaporeon's base Special Attack, can do quite a bit of damage to many Pokemon. The chance of burning is great and it can easily help shut down an opponent. Wish can heal teammates by a lot thanks to Vaporeon's huge HP stat. The combination of Substitute and Baton Pass is so useful in this set and passing Substitutes can help other mons setup with ease.

Water Absorb is such a cool ability. Using a Fire, Rock or Ground type to bait a water attack is sometimes really easy, and all you have to do then is switch in Vaporeon. The EV spread and nature are used in order to help Vaporeon take more than a hit from its common OU threats.

Checks/Counters

Grass types and Electric types such as Breloom, Celebi, Serperior, M-Venasaur, Magnezone, M-Manectric, Raikou, Rotom-W and Thundurus can be a problem. Vaporeon's EV spread and nature help it survive at least one hit at full health, which is helpful because it still has a chance to use Wish and heal another team member. Another problem with this Pokemon is that it can be used by the opponent to setup, which is never good.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Ok then, here's my nomination:

Name: Vaporeon
Moves: Scald
Wish
Substitute
Baton Pass
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 Sp.Def

Vaporeon is one of my favorite Pokemon and this set has helped me so much in the past. Scald is a great move that combined with Vaporeon's base Special Attack, can do quite a bit of damage to many Pokemon. The chance of burning is great and it can easily help shut down an opponent. Wish can heal teammates by a lot thanks to Vaporeon's huge HP stat. The combination of Substitute and Baton Pass is so useful in this set and passing Substitutes can help other mons setup with ease.

Water Absorb is such a cool ability. Using a Fire, Rock or Ground type to bait a water attack is sometimes really easy, and all you have to do then is switch in Vaporeon. The EV spread and nature are used in order to help Vaporeon take more than a hit from its common OU threats.

Checks/Counters

Grass types and Electric types such as Breloom, Celebi, Serperior, M-Venasaur, Magnezone, M-Manectric, Raikou, Rotom-W and Thundurus can be a problem. Vaporeon's EV spread and nature help it survive at least one hit at full health, which is helpful because it still has a chance to use Wish and heal another team member. Another problem with this Pokemon is that it can be used by the opponent to setup, which is never good.

alright will add it in :3

also Happy Pokemon Anniversary everyone ^_^ I got my new limited edition 3ds ;)

ekkn3ap.png

Alright guys please put some nominations in for our balanced OU team we only have three nomination which March 1st is the deadline at midnight eastern timezone.

nomination 1: McDanger's Altaria

nomination 2: Scizor's Lopunny

nomination 3: Nick Duckison's Vaporeon

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
Activity post time!

Welp, I'm alive. While I've mostly played Smash, I've come to a random skill drop, which has killed a lot of motivation. Played a few matches of Pokémon against my brother, and I suppose I still got some skill there, though it's been a while. Now I'm just trying to figure out a team for the Kanto Classic.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
i might have a nomination that isnt rain biased......
Name: Heracross
Moves: Close Combat
Pin Missile
Rock Blast
Swords Dance/Bullet Seed/Substitute
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ability: Guts/Moxie(for the brave)
Item: Heracronite
EVs: 252 Att/252 spe/4 def

Following my shiny hunt for this thing (where i got 2 flawless 5iv shinies of him) Ive constantly used this thing to great success. The bane of any stall team's existence, one sd and every single bulky pokemon is getting one-shot, with very few exceptions(unaware clefable), which can be broken through with teammates/rock blast spam. The set is self explanatory, CC/Pin Missile/Rock Blast are all staples, and the last spot has flex room.

Checks/counters-doublade(for that one guy who uses it) unaware clef, the bird who shall not be named(tflame) faster fire, fairy, and psychic types(kazam, zards, etc).

*insert still alive portal music here*

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
great glad there are nominations ^_^ oh I need to check my friend code to see if it changed if it did I will let you guys know with my new new 3ds lol I love that XD

my nomination btw which we all know I love my fairies....

gardevoir.gif
---->
gardevoir-mega.gif

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace/Pixelilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Mega Garde has been a pretty good special sweeper in OU which what she lacks in speed she sweeps really well if set up right. Hyper Voice goes great with its mega ability Pixelilate which it gives a hard hit every time especially combined with calm mind set up to boost its sp.def and sp.attack for the sweep. Psyshock does a great job hitting special walls like chansey,clefable and etc. and as well as Focus Blast checks Steel types like Ferrothorn for example. I personally think this is a good mega to start our team around but it is up to everyone to choose to what mega we gunna build our team.​

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So many good choices I don't know who too choose

yep there is ^_^ we need to figure what pokemon we need to build our team around that is the first thing about team building mostly is to pick the one pokemon we need to eliminate its counters for the win.

march 1st at midnight eastern timezone is our deadline for the ccat if you haven't put your nomination in please do it soon ;) we shall start voting at midnight march 1st once I post the nomination choices.

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
yep there is ^_^ we need to figure what pokemon we need to build our team around that is the first thing about team building mostly is to pick the one pokemon we need to eliminate its counters for the win.

march 1st at midnight eastern timezone is our deadline for the ccat if you haven't put your nomination in please do it soon ;) we shall start voting at midnight march 1st once I post the nomination choices.

Now I can start voting I was reviewing the nominations I still have to give it up to McDanger's Altaria set I'm thinking if I was on showdown what I would be more afraid to see on my opponent's team.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Now I can start voting I was reviewing the nominations I still have to give it up to McDanger's Altaria set I'm thinking if I was on showdown what I would be more afraid to see on my opponent's team.

sorry I had to go to bed early last night do to I had to open the store up for work anyway its time to vote :)

ekkn3ap.png

alright everyone please put your votes in for the first team member ^_^ I am giving to march 9th to vote :3

nomination 4: FairyWitch's Gardevoir

nomination 5:Wec's Heracross

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I'd personally like to advocate this:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body --> Magic Bounce
EV's: 252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 S-Att
Nature: Jolly
--Diamond Storm
--Earth Power
--Moonblast
--Calm Mind

It's a strange nature on this thing, but this Diancie can do what almost every tank wants to do, bar getting behind a Sub. Its ability to function as either a very bulky slow attacker or as a blazing fast sweeper as its Mega Evolution really sets this thing apart from the crowd. To top it off, once it's gotten its Mega Evolution off, it can function as a great anti-status Pokémon because of the fantastic ability it gets in Magic Bounce.

Calm Mind is there to patch up its suffering Special Attack stat, and bring it up to high levels, especially after it Mega Evolves. Jolly nature, while it does nerf its Special Attack, boosts its normal Attack to very manageable levels, as it cannot do anything about that otherwise. In addition, it enables Diancie to become even more of a defensive powerhouse, and gives it much-needed longevity for setting up to sweep, if and when it Mega Evolves.

Diamond Storm is one of the key moves of this set. A 50% chance of a Defense boost, paired by a good, strong STAB make this move a force to be reckoned with. In conjunction with its special moves, Diamond Storm make Diancie a very difficult Pokémon to wall from just one side of things.

Earth Power and Moonblast, aside from the small chance of very useful special effects, provide Diancie with some awesome coverage. Paired with Diamond Storm, there end up being very few threats that can safely switch into it after just one turn of setting up, especially after it's Mega Evolved.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize I posted past the deadline. My bad.

Last edited:

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
sorry I had to go to bed early last night do to I had to open the store up for work anyway its time to vote :)

ekkn3ap.png

alright everyone please put your votes in for the first team member ^_^ I am giving to march 9th to vote :3

nomination 4: FairyWitch's Gardevoir

Aren't you forgetting Wecondo's Heracross? I'm still deciding between two pokemons, I'll vote after giving it some more thought.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I vote for McDanger's Altaria. While it's not as powerful as other Pokémon out there, it's still a definite wild card to hold. Its unpredictability as well as its strange typing make this Pokémon easy to use in playing mind games with your opponent. With good support, this will be an excellent Pokémon for the team.

SkyKing

New Beginnings
Activity Post.

I'm still alive just a lot of family matters and catching up on some PS4 gaming.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I did forget mega heracross by accident I will add it to the choices ^_^

alright remember guys were still voting so place your votes in as soon as you can ;)

we got two votes so far :)

Anyone wants to battle on PS also anyone inside the xat.

sadly no one wants to go there anymore most of our guild likes using skype instead >.> I been going there off and on but no one wants to go there anymore which it is sorta outdated but there isn't much sites anymore to hangout over the internet. I know drac doesn't even use there xat anymore either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.