• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marika_CZ

Voting for Gardevoir. I couldnt decide between that and Altaria since I tried both of them and they are both great in their own way.
Let's face it, fairies are almost "the must" and their weaknesses can be covered easily by steel-type ally.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
alright we got 3 more days to vote guys so please get your votes in....also cosmic sorry about that If I would of noticed your nomination before I had people voted I would of added it in >.<

ekkn3ap.png

2 Gardevoir
1 Altaria​

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Username:Trainer Grey
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: WIFI
Join the guild date: March 8th 2016
will you be active?:Yes
Guild Region: Eisenburg Region
Referrals:
-

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Referrals:
-

hey there trainer gray welcome to the guild glad to have you back to the clan/guild section :3 its been awhile my friend ^_^

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Referrals:
-

Holy arceus and victini in a bikini!

New people!

Welcome!

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Thanks for the welcome!
A short introduction. I've met FairyWitch when she was under her old name leading her old guild. I liked the friendly atmosphere she created and I don't doubt she managed to do so once again.
I'm glad to be a part of this little community. Today I'll have a busy day but tonight/tomorrow I will read through all the rules. Thanks again for letting me in :)

Marika_CZ

Referrals:
-
Welcome and enjoy! :)

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Referrals:
-

Welcome to the guild!

Also voting for Gardevoir. I was undecided between that and Lopunny but pixelated Hyper Voice is just too powerful.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
It looks like bridezilla is winning in the votes a powerful pokemon too play against.

Also if anyone looking for a battle vm me and we can play on PS.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It looks like bridezilla is winning in the votes a powerful pokemon too play against.

Also if anyone looking for a battle vm me and we can play on PS.

lol sorry that was to funny that you called my fav mega bridezilla XD

anyway seems like gardevoir is winning the polls we have one more day for voting and then we can start the next nomination ^_^

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Good day all!
So I'm the new member. And Razor Leafeon is my leader. Yet, considering he's been offline for over a week now, I decided to ask some questions to you all, instead of just him. Think of it nice way of getting to know you people and do some bonding in the process. Anyway, I'm a battler, I like Pokèmon for the PVP part mostly. Yet the Pokèmon I choose to train are based on how 'cool' I think them to be. I do not decide what I like based on stats. More so on looks and feel. But I've been reading some of the rules here, and I noticed that the term TIER and OU are frequently used. So I looked into this TIER thing. I might be wrong but what I made of it is that the Pokemon are divided in classes if it were. These classes are based on how often certain Pokèmon are used and how powerful they are statwise/move-wise/ability-wise. Also, certain things are banned (like Double Team).

My question: How strictly are we looking at this tier thing here. Because I like using Pokèmon I like most. And I'm not easily persuaded in changing that ;-)

If one of you could explain this tier thing in a short and easy way, and tell me how this guild treats that system, that would be much appreciated.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Hi all ! Have finished for Easter so my activity will go up.

I'm a battler, I like Pokèmon for the PVP part mostly. Yet the Pokèmon I choose to train are based on how 'cool' I think them to be. I do not decide what I like based on stats. More so on looks and feel. But I've been reading some of the rules here, and I noticed that the term TIER and OU are frequently used. So I looked into this TIER thing. I might be wrong but what I made of it is that the Pokemon are divided in classes if it were. These classes are based on how often certain Pokèmon are used and how powerful they are statwise/move-wise/ability-wise. Also, certain things are banned (like Double Team).

My question: How strictly are we looking at this tier thing here. Because I like using Pokèmon I like most. And I'm not easily persuaded in changing that ;-)

If one of you could explain this tier thing in a short and easy way, and tell me how this guild treats that system, that would be much appreciated.

Of course :)
Competitive Pokemon tiers typically grow around what team choices consistently win games. Naturally, in a format which is all about winning, these Pokemon are used the most - this is the Over-Used tier(OU).

Pokemon that do not belong in the OU tier are either:
- moved up into the ubers tier , if it is very hard to KO by the rest of OU,and consistently performs well regardless of the opposing team.Most box legendaries are found here, with few exceptions(such as greninja and aegislash)
-moved down into lower tiers, if it does not perform well against the rest of OU, or is inconsistent to the extent that people don 't bother trying to use it.

This doesn't mean you cannot use Pokemon from lower tiers in higher tiers however! A lower tier definitely doesn't mean something is a worse team choice - that's dependent on the rest of your team, and it's the synergy of team that helps you defeat others.

It is very admirable that you wish to use your favourites, it really is the best way to go.
It is best to be ready for people using OU choices in the clan however, if you need to win matches in a tournament !

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Its not always OU lower tier pokes can do as much damage to your opponent team if go against pokemon you never battled before your going to have a bad time.

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
Activity Post
Just breeding and training pokemon for battle, as to be prepared for Sun and Moon.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
Thanks Archstaraptor! That definitely clarifies things for me. I'll take this OU list in consideration when breeding for a new team. Take in consideration that the chances are high of those Pokèmon being used against me, that is. Thanks again!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
man sorry guys was busy the last few days with work and etc but anyway further do....

ekkn3ap.png

Gardevoir 3 votes
1 Altaria Vote

so gardevoir wins
Gardevoir set

so we are going to revolve around mega gardevoir guys so please put nominations that will pare up good with this pokemon you got the 18th to put nominations in which may be extended if not enough nominations!

Marika_CZ

Here is my nomination:

Ferrothorn 31/31/31/31/31/0 @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Iron barbs
EV spread: 252 HP/172 At/84 Def
Nature: Brave

Power whip
Gyro ball
Leech seed
Protect/Stealth rock

Ferrothorn is a great ally for Gardevoir who can be safely switched in whenever Mega bride is threatened by:
- Fake out
- Physical priority move
- Poison/Steel move
Those threats will be punished harshly by double chip damage from iron barbs and helmet (Fake outing sweepers can lose over 50% HP this way depending on their EV spreads of course). If the attacker has been previously weakened by hazard, this is going to be especially painful waste of opponent's round.
Better yet as they switch out Ferrothorn can use this to setup with Leech seed or stealth rock.

Offensively, Brave + 172 EV in AT boosts Power whip to take care of Mega Gyarados, Azumarill, Keldeo, Excadrill, and Hippowdon. Its special offensive move is already boosted by combination of 0 IV in speed (further hindered by its nature) and opponenent's speed. The bigger the gap the more devastating the move becomes. It can take care of opposing Mega Gardevoir, Latios, Latias, Gengar, Clefable, Sylveon and can also decently hurt Charizard trying to switch in.

As for its moveset in general, Protect is great for leech seed recovery and further chip damage but Stealth rock can be more useful if the team is lacking (and needs) better hazard setter.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
(insert activity post message here) well, mega garde? (didnt see that one comin :p) sadly since i dont really use nonweather....... i wont be of much help with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.