• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I vote for flame plate victini !

Marika_CZ

How long until the second voting is over anyway?

Marika_CZ

So how is everyone?

My left foot unintentionally attacked bathroom door with Tackle and now one of my fingers is purple from that experience. Thankfully I didn't have to limp to work as I have a week off atm.

I used the extra hours on couch to breed a shiny Caterpie for my NU team(s).

Also waiting for EU release of FE Fates (so I could play this brand new game that half the world already played, 100% completed and tossed away).

Wego

WeCounting Stars
So how is everyone?

My left foot unintentionally attacked bathroom door with Tackle and now one of my fingers is purple from that experience. Thankfully I didn't have to limp to work as I have a week off atm.

I used the extra hours on couch to breed a shiny Caterpie for my NU team(s).

Also waiting for EU release of FE Fates (so I could play this brand new game that half the world already played, 100% completed and tossed away).

I like the sound of that not the hurting yourself part but the NU team I like that. Also I'm doing good at the moment planning my day for the weekend.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Sorry guys been busy with the outside life just go on ahead and start the third nomination for the team which heatran won by a long run I see XD week from this post at Eastern midnight is the deadline.

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
Hey, look, I'm still alive!

Pokémon? Haven't played much. I got a shiny Mareep from a friend. Beat some random guy after. Meh. I also have a Wii U now, so that's a thing too.

And if for whatever reason you want to add me on Wii U, my NNID is SaltySoulOCS. Just have the message say who you are and I'll add you. No need to contact me here about it.

Also, my birthday was March 12th, if you didn't notice. Yaaaay.

That's all I have to say for now, so I guess I'm off to do a thing. And if you do need to contact me, just please send a VM. I'll be seeing if I can recieve an email notification for each one I recieve. Maybe I'll be more active that way.

EDIT: There's no function to recieve email notices for VMs. Use PMs instead.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Username: Usatoday
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: Showdown
Join the guild date: 4/3/16
will you be active?: no promises
Guild Region (look at the four regions below this post): idc
Referrals:

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
Sorry I haven't been on for a while, but here's my activity post.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey, look, I'm still alive!

Pokémon? Haven't played much. I got a shiny Mareep from a friend. Beat some random guy after. Meh. I also have a Wii U now, so that's a thing too.

And if for whatever reason you want to add me on Wii U, my NNID is SaltySoulOCS. Just have the message say who you are and I'll add you. No need to contact me here about it.

Also, my birthday was March 12th, if you didn't notice. Yaaaay.

That's all I have to say for now, so I guess I'm off to do a thing. And if you do need to contact me, just please send a VM. I'll be seeing if I can recieve an email notification for each one I recieve. Maybe I'll be more active that way.

EDIT: There's no function to recieve email notices for VMs. Use PMs instead.

Username: Usatoday
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: Showdown
Join the guild date: 4/3/16
will you be active?: no promises
Guild Region (look at the four regions below this post): idc
Referrals:

welcome back usa as long as you post once a month I am cool with that so no worries on the crazy activity which the guild section activity isn't so great anyway :/

anyway guys we got to get some nominations in XD before the deadline get shot and extends so far our team is gardevoir, and heatran ;) I just didn't post anything fancy atm because busy with getting ready for a unexpected convention,work and fire emblem fates which I will say this on the birthright/Revelations side yes its a easy path but a few paralogues are annoying -_- I like to see the Nohr/Revelation Paralogues if they have really annoying missions >.>

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
I have finally had enough of being a terrible battler, I have lost too many battles and am begining to lose faith in myself. So I would like to ask of anyone who can, and is willing to, please... teach me how I can be atleast a decent battler. Thank you for your time.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I have finally had enough of being a terrible battler, I have lost too many battles and am begining to lose faith in myself. So I would like to ask of anyone who can, and is willing to, please... teach me how I can be atleast a decent battler. Thank you for your time.

you could ask wec, or a few other people here to help out which mcdanger is actually not bad battler just been out of shape since the comp section died basically you can ask him for team building help at least ^_^ he was tutoring me before but ask him if he is up to it though I don't want to push something that someone doesn't want to do. I just make suggestions ;)

McDanger

Going to throw the first nomination out

Keldeo@Choice Specs/Assault Vest
Timid
252 sp attack/4 sp def/252 speed
-Scald
-Secret Sword
-Hydro Pump
-Icy Wind/HP Ice/HP Electric

So yeah, Keldeo is amazing biggest bonus to the team is it baits in almost exclusively things Gardevoir loves to boost on (ex Slowbro, Latios, Latias, M Venusaur) as well as give an answer for Gliscor and another way to deal with Scizor, cause Knock Off screws Heatran if its AV or mega. With Specs Keldeo applies a ton of offensive pressure as well, able to deter a lot of switch ins bar beefy pokemon, like M venusaur, and cripple soft checks like Azumarill. Scald is Scald, 30% chance to burn is awesome, I've been screwed by it, screwed others with it no real need for more detail. Secret Sword, again standard physical damage with special scaling, really hurts special walls. Hydro Pump, 120 base power stab off specs, hits like a truck. Last slot is based on the item, AV is great to bluff, albert gimmacky, but lets you troll some things with Icy Wind into a stab move such as Heatran, M Charizard, other Keldeos, Hoopa, M Metagross, etc. For specs, HP Ice is better for damage and the ice coverage, however HP electric is nice to one shot Gyarados, who isnt a steamroll threat but a big problem for the team atm, as well as pressure Azumarill more.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
Username: Lucarioman5
PokemonShowdown/Wifi/Both: both, but especially wifi
Join the guild date: 4/4/16
will you be active?: no promises, but this time I'll let people know if I disappear
Guild Region (look at the four regions below this post): Eternia
Referrals: I guess I know people :p

EDIT: Haha, I just noticed I still have the userbar in my signature

McDanger

you could ask wec, or a few other people here to help out which mcdanger is actually not bad battler just been out of shape since the comp section died basically you can ask him for team building help at least ^_^ he was tutoring me before but ask him if he is up to it though I don't want to push something that someone doesn't want to do. I just make suggestions ;)

Probably could but i`m on speratically and going to be getting another day soon, and another potentially in 2 weeks.

Yeah the other line cook is leaving in 2 weeks so on 5 days a week atm probably will be 6 after he leaves. Plus side hoping to get a raise from this

Last edited:

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
Is Rapidash any good for battles? If so, what nature would be best, Jolly or Modest?

Marika_CZ

Is Rapidash any good for battles? If so, what nature would be best, Jolly or Modest?
Didn't you mean 'Jolly or Adamant'?

Anyway to answer your question, depends on format you want to play. For smogon singles, it is NU last time I checked. It can do well in that tier, has Flash fire for switches into enemy flamethrowers, access to wild charge to deal with water types and drill run to deal with other fire types (also nicely counters Heatran if you bring it to higher tier).
Jolly or adamant is a matter of personal preference I would say. I use mine as adamant because it has life orb to maximize those doubled fire attacks after Flash fire activation (especially with sun that is deadly even to things that resist it).

In VGC it is kinda useless. It is too frail to survive. Especially in VGC16 where anything non-uber needs to be bulky or support otherwise Primals and Mega monstrosity-which-must-not-be-named will OHKO it.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists

Why would you run Modest on a Physical attacker? Rapidash is pretty lackluster, too...but if it's what you want to use, don't let anyone try to talk you out of it. I'd run something along these lines, maybe?

Rapidash@Life Orb
Jolly
-Morning Sun
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Drill Run/Poison Jab/Quick Attack/Agility

Morning Sun is one of the few good things about Rapidash. Being able to heal off recoil damage is nice, but remember that it's really fragile and easy to revenge kill even after healing (running it on a Sun Team would help, but the weather nerf makes that limited), so try to come in when you can force a switch and heal during said switch. Flare Blitz is STAB, Wild Charge hits Water types, and the last slot is coverage depending on what your team needs. Drill Run hits Rock/Electric/Rock and rival Fire types (you can also hit Steel types, but Flare Blitz covers all but Heatran...okay, so Drill Run's handy), Poison Jab hits the Fairy types that Rapidash resists, and Quick Attack is good for picking off weakened targets. Agility can be used to get a Speed boost, but remember that Rapidash is REALLY FRAGILE, so watch yourself.

As for ability, I'd recommend Flash Fire, since it gives you an immunity to your own type. Flame Body would be better if Rapidash were bulkier, but alas, it's more frail than me after a long day at work.

And one last thing (though I may think of something and edit it in, knowing me). Air Balloon might be tempting, but you don't really have anything to hit back at a Ground type. It might help you avoid an opponent predicting a switch-in, but beyond that, it won't see much use. And since you've only got base 100 Attack (and that being the stronger of the two) and no boosting moves, you need every bit of firepower (PFFFFFFFFFT, pun not intended for once) you can get, hence my suggestion for a Life Orb.

I'm no expert, so don't ask me too much in follow-up xD You can always get help from Smogon's site if you need it. They might be pretentious and elitist at times, but their information and advice is often good.

McDanger

As far as competitively, NU its pretty good. Jolly is the preferred nature cause speed ftw. I believe its best either as Moose put or a cb user which imo is better due to how frail rapidash is you really just want a ton of damage.

Rapidash@Choice Band
Jolly
252 attack/4def/252 speed
Flash Fire
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Drill Horn
-Return/Quick Attack

Flash Fire is best in slot ability, free immunity is to good to pass up, Flare Blitz for stab, hits just stupidly hard. Wild Charge is nice coverage for waters like Wartortle and Alomamola. Drill Horn hits mostly your rocks hard like Rhydon, Golem, and Gigalith, albert medicore cause sky-high physical defense, especially Rhydon, as well as pressure other fires like Heatmor and Flareon. Last slot is filler, Return for 101 netural damage or Quick Attack to revenge kill/pick off. An argument can be made for a hidden power, namely grass or water, for rock walls but thats better with an expert belt bluffing choiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.