• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
According to the spread sheet there's no dragon gym. Am I able to apply for it?

Yup! The Dragon Gym position is available so feel free to apply o/

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Open again!

Is it required to gather all the Gym Badges first before challenging the Frontiers? Because everyone seems to take on the Ice Gym only.

Nope! There are no requirements for taking on the Battle Frontier. So if challengers want, they can challenge the frontier.
Also...

Note for Anyone Interested: I'm looking for battles for some raffle passes. :V I wanna have a chance ta win tooz. I won't be on wifi tonight, but I'll be available for a few Pokemon Showdown battles. Lemme know if you want to do the dance of batttttule with me o/

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yup! The Dragon Gym position is available so feel free to apply o/

not sure how I missed it did you talk to charizard though first for him to step down from it? didn't here anything about it thats why I asked :p

Username: speedy1
Applying for Gym or Elite four: gym
Type Available: dragon
Will you be active for the job?: of course (probably saterdays and sundays but depends on it)
GMT Timezone: GMT +1 (GMT +2 due to daylight savings)
IGN: T
WFC: 2723-8304-1972
read the rules?: yes
Is your team ready?: yes

accepted when I get a sure answer from burn about if he talked to charizard for the position to be open ;)

also fairy gym will open sometime later next week busy with things and may be able to go to acen after all. My boyfriend still hasn't got scheduled for working on the days,which is weird >.>, so I may be able to go now to acen.also burn gunna message skullbash tonight about his position if I don't here from him in a week from now I will open the water gym for applications.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
not sure how I missed it did you talk to charizard though first for him to step down from it? didn't here anything about it thats why I asked :p

accepted when I get a sure answer from burn about if he talked to charizard for the position to be open ;)

also fairy gym will open sometime later next week busy with things and may be able to go to acen after all. My boyfriend still hasn't got scheduled for working on the days,which is weird >.>, so I may be able to go now to acen.also burn gunna message skullbash tonight about his position if I don't here from him in a week from now I will open the water gym for applications.

Yup yup o/ Just check my VMs. I asked him and Skull Bash about them still wanting to be leaders. Charizard said to remove him as a leader and I haven't heard from Skull Bash. I asked him to please get back to me by tomorrow, since Artorius is interested in the Water Gym.

Ragorian

The Viking
Username: Ragorian
Type Available:water
Will you be active for the job?: yup 2-4 days a week
Timezone: unsure I beleive its gmt-4
IGN: Cole
TWFC:Fc is in my sig

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Username: Ragorian
Type Available:water
Will you be active for the job?: yup 2-4 days a week
Timezone: unsure I beleive its gmt-4
IGN: Cole
TWFC:Fc is in my sig

hey there ragorian sorry to say atm water gym is taken we are not opening applications just yet for the water gym since were giving the leader some time to reply if he doesn't we shall post updates if he does. you can join the league as a challenger if you like for now though until we see what is going on ;)

also guys
league Updates

I have to announce to make which we shall be having our first tef league tournament sponsored by me. I will have all updates on the tournaments soon but here is our main banner for now it will be a tournament evolving the eeveelutions. i know there was a tournament that happened last year but all of sudden just disappeared out of thin air. I like to reborn it and finish it but give it my touch of rules. hope you all join when it goes up ^_^

zpHIy35.png

rules coming soon
will be a 32 man tour(if possible but it does make it even though)
Im still thinking of doing it on wifi or PS​

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Sweet! Looking forward to it! I'll update the Tournament Section too!

Also...

Note: The first raffle information will be up a little later today! Hopefully within 3 to 4 hours! So start earning those raffle tickets, cuz you'll want a head start for it!
V: I gotta get myself some too.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
I looked over at the raffle/donated stuff just out of curiosity, and I have to ask why things cost the way they do. Like, the Regigigas I donated costs 200 points and Terrakion costs 175? Regigigas is worth more? And some EV bred things are worth more than the Legendaries? Is there a particular reason?

Can't say I have a structured price system as of yet since we just started it. I'm still trying to get a feel of what's balanced in terms of LP prices (like is it too much, or is it too cheap).

My train of thought is Terrakion is easier to come by than a Regigigas in game on the legendary scale. Others I based on meta-game potential and etc. It's more of a "this is priced like this, so I should price this like this kinda thing." There is potential creator's bias unfortunately on some of them since there is no set system based on how I view the Pokemon in terms of battle (mega forms, rarity, tier, etc), but I tried to balance it as much as possible. Prices are subject to change as I work through how much LP people earn, etc. etc.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Fair enough. But I feel that Legendaries should always be worth more than non. Because for the non-Legendaries, you can always breed out another one. Legendaries... nope. Gotta restart a whole game for it.

That's a good point about the Legendaries. I think I'll take a final look at all the LP cost before I put up the raffle for today. Thanks DX o/

Note: If anyone else has suggestions on the LP cost system, lemme know o/ It'll be convos like this that help shape things for the future of the league since we started a whole bunch of new stuff!

Reisuke

Apparently i died
That's a good point about the Legendaries. I think I'll take a final look at all the LP cost before I put up the raffle for today. Thanks DX o/

Note: If anyone else has suggestions on the LP cost system, lemme know o/ It'll be convos like this that help shape things for the future of the league since we started a whole bunch of new stuff!

As suggestion for LP cash in count this

Some pokemon cost 200 LP what do you get when you donate a pokemon that's worth that: 15 LP. I think that's a bit too low. You should make it half the value or decrease the prices.

If decreasing the prices, first considering rarity (combined with tiering on smogon) so regigigas (200) would make sense considering how rare it actually is (but tiering a bit less). But the charmander sito donated (180) is way to much since it's common (i got like 10 of those)
And it's tiering however high (for the physical set wich is good but special is getting better again) it isn't the most common mega. Second of course is legend vs breedable. Breedables should always be atleast half the cost of the most expensive legend

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
As suggestion for LP cash in count this

Some pokemon cost 200 LP what do you get when you donate a pokemon that's worth that: 15 LP. I think that's a bit too low. You should make it half the value or decrease the prices.

If decreasing the prices, first considering rarity (combined with tiering on smogon) so regigigas (200) would make sense considering how rare it actually is (but tiering a bit less). But the charmander sito donated (180) is way to much since it's common (i got like 10 of those)
And it's tiering however high (for the physical set wich is good but special is getting better again) it isn't the most common mega. Second of course is legend vs breedable. Breedables should always be atleast half the cost of the most expensive legend

I think you're right. When I first made it, I made the cost of donations lower because there's a lot of ways people could wrack up LP quickly and didn't want all the donation prizes to be bought up quickly, so I was trying to even out the LP gains. I definitely think it over when it comes to donation LP gains. Not sure if that means price up or price down.

One idea I might have is instead of increasing the LP of donations drastically, a good load of raffle coupons possibly or another means of doing so. These are just ideas I'm shooting out for now o/

Reisuke

Apparently i died
TEF League Challenger Battling Result Form

Challenger: speedy1
Leader and Type: DX 2401PT
Score: 4-0 (DX won)
Rate your performance(0-10): 0
Leader's performance(0-10): 10
Additional Comments(be polite): one move made (aqua jet) then most fun ever (2 turns but most fun ever really!!!!!!!)

@ burnerv2 raffle coupons is chance and looking at the system you're forced to use them once a raffle starts (what if a raffle contains nothing but pokemon you don't want). You'll have to recollect them and hope for the best (twice). It's a good idea on paper but in practice it won't do good.

For donation LP gain for donating up (let's say half the value of what you're going to give it as LP cost or something like that) and increase the value for legends (if you happen to run out of those just contact me. I love to help). Or decrease the value of the breedables with 3/4 of their price now (or something like that) and the legends with 2/8 or so

Last edited:

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
TEF League Challenger Battling Result Form

Challenger: speedy1
Leader and Type: DX 2401PT
Score: 4-0 (DX won)
Rate your performance(0-10): 0
Leader's performance(0-10): 10
Additional Comments(be polite): one move made (aqua jet) then most fun ever (2 turns but most fun ever really!!!!!!!)

@ burnerv2 raffle coupons is chance and looking at the system you're forced to use them once a raffle starts (what if a raffle contains nothing but pokemon you don't want). You'll have to recollect them and hope for the best (twice). It's a good idea on paper but in practice it won't do good.

For donation LP gain for donating up (let's say half the value of what you're going to give it as LP cost or something like that) and increase the value for legends (if you happen to run out of those just contact me. I love to help). Or decrease the value of the breedables with 3/4 of their price now (or something like that) and the legends with 2/8 or so

So here's what I've come up with thinking over it just a tiny bit. What about this kind of blueprint?

LP Donation Gains:
1) For non-legendary Pokemon, you always earn 5 LP (no limitations on how many you earn points for)
2) For Legendaries, you earn 3/10 of their LP Cost and can only earn LP for "1 Legendary" until you purchase a Pokemon in the Donation Corner.

Donation Purchases:
1) You can purchase up to 2 non-legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks)
2) You can puchase up to 1 legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks)

Donation Pokemon LP Cost:
1) Non-Legendary Pokemon prices will decrease by a fixed amount.
2) Legendary Pokemon prices will increase greatly.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
So here's what I've come up with thinking over it just a tiny bit. What about this kind of blueprint?

LP Donation Gains:
1) For non-legendary Pokemon, you always earn 5 LP (no limitations on how many you earn points for) double/triple for shiny
2) For Legendaries, you earn 3/10 of their LP Cost and can only earn LP for "1 Legendary" until you purchase a Pokemon in the Donation Corner. Either 5/10 with that restriction or 3/10 without that restriction because 3/10 with is simply much

Donation Purchases:
1) You can purchase up to 2 non-legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks) don't do this except when you tend to run out and in my case i wish to donate these on regular basis so
2) You can puchase up to 1 legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks) totally agree

1) Non-Legendary Pokemon prices will decrease by a fixed amount. Had to happen
2) Legendary Pokemon prices will increase greatly. Depends on greatly

Comments bolded

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Comments bolded

As a Note to the League as well:
This is a current blueprint in the works for the new LP Donation Gains, LP Donation Center Pokemon Cost, and Purchase Limits

LP Donation Gains:
1) For non-legendary Pokemon, you always earn 5 LP (no limitations on how many you earn points for)
2) For Legendaries, you earn 3/10 of their LP Cost and can only earn LP for "1 Legendary" until you purchase a Pokemon in the Donation Corner.

Donation Purchases:
1) You can purchase up to 2 non-legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks)
2) You can puchase up to 1 legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks)

1) Non-Legendary Pokemon prices will decrease by a fixed amount.
2) Legendary Pokemon prices will increase a bit.

These aren't set in stone! But...
I'll have to talk to FairyWitch about these since she'll have the final say.

My Reasoning
The reason I made it 3/10s, is because Legends are going to be worth more. If we prices a shiny (example)
for 550, that'll earn a person 275 LP. With the drop in non-legendary prices and the potential drop in no limits to purchase non-legends, someone could theoretically buy 5 or 6 at a time.

While I agree, donations (particularly legends) should earn a person more LP...

Then there's a risk of multiple people doing that is what led me to the limits. I also want to promote other means of people gaining LP other than donations. We've got the contest hub, things on the home hub, and battles that will provide tons of chances for challengers to earn LP.

Same thing about double or triple for non-legends. I believe there's so many ways to earn LP, that I don't want to have a system that can be abused from donations alone.
This blue print is what I feel most comfortable about for now. I'll talk it over with other TEF heads to brainstorm as well.

But the LP system may never be exactly price equivalent for the value contributed, because there are many opportunities presented to make LP.
If a challenger participates in say 2 battles a day (winning gym battles or casual), contributes music ideas, completes the contest Sir Grunty challenge, provides a replay or other easy things, that's potentially near 15 or more LP a day and that adds up. (Just providing 4 music tracks, 3 replays, and a regular donation by itself would be 15 under the current system)

As I said, nothing is set in stone just yet and will be determined soon o/

Last edited:

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Yeah, the non-Legendary donation should not net you a whole ton of points. After all, with the breeding mechanics "nerf", in which ANYONE can pop out 5IV stuff all the time, it's not that... valuable. And they should not cost too much either. You don't want a situation of having like a thousand donated Pokemon, but no one buys them because it's easier to breed them yourself. And there are cases like my shop which sells shiny IV 31 all Pokemon for 1 Rare Candy. I will not do that service to members of this league IF the Pokemon they requests is in the raffle, for the sake of league contribution, but it's still out there. If anything, there should be a limit on how many non Legendaries you can donate. For Legendaries, no need for limit except purchases, because no one is going to donate more than 1 at a time, unless... you know... (me).

Agree but limits should be implementend on a different way for example you have 0 mudkips and 10 charmanders donated by the same person he does have mudkips he wants to donate but he reached the limit he'll have to wait and the league may have that need too.

Legends. Limit for purchasing yes but not 1 every raffle period.

Also pokemon wich special moves (like that smeargle with happy hour or whatever it's called) should have a higher value too

As a Note to the League as well:
This is a current blueprint in the works for the new LP Donation Gains, LP Donation Center Pokemon Cost, and Purchase Limits

LP Donation Gains:
1) For non-legendary Pokemon, you always earn 5 LP (no limitations on how many you earn points for) still shiny is a case
2) For Legendaries, you earn 3/10 of their LP Cost and can only earn LP for "1 Legendary" until you purchase a Pokemon in the Donation Corner. This limits some things to the league itself but i agree on it

Donation Purchases:
1) You can purchase up to 2 non-legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks) seeming there will be many of these donated you may want to make this 3
2) You can puchase up to 1 legendary Pokemon per raffle cycle (2 weeks to 4 weeks) agree because of the other limit. Maybe even make it 2 cycles

1) Non-Legendary Pokemon prices will decrease by a fixed amount. Thank god!
2) Legendary Pokemon prices will increase a bit. Thank god!

These aren't set in stone! But...
I'll have to talk to FairyWitch about these since she'll have the final say.

My Reasoning
The reason I made it 3/10s, is because Legends are going to be worth more. If we prices a shiny (example)
for 550, that'll earn a person 275 LP. With the drop in non-legendary prices and the potential drop in no limits to purchase non-legends, someone could theoretically buy 5 or 6 at a time.

While I agree, donations (particularly legends) should earn a person more LP...

Then there's a risk of multiple people doing that is what led me to the limits. I also want to promote other means of people gaining LP other than donations. We've got the contest hub, things on the home hub, and battles that will provide tons of chances for challengers to earn LP.

Same thing about double or triple for non-legends. I believe there's so many ways to earn LP, that I don't want to have a system that can be abused from donations alone.
This blue print is what I feel most comfortable about for now. I'll talk it over with other TEF heads to brainstorm as well.

But the LP system may never be exactly price equivalent for the value contributed, because there are many opportunities presented to make LP.
If a challenger participates in say 2 battles a day (winning gym battles or casual), contributes music ideas, completes the contest Sir Grunty challenge, provides a replay or other easy things, that's potentially near 15 or more LP a day and that adds up. (Just providing 4 music tracks, 3 replays, and a regular donation by itself would be 15 under the current system) donating is the easiest way to gain it who bothers doing all these things a day or so? Like no one (some will yes) and that remains a fact

As I said, nothing is set in stone just yet and will be determined soon o/

Did it again lol. Comments bold

Last edited:

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Agree but limits should be implementend on a different way for example you have 0 mudkips and 10 charmanders donated by the same person he does have mudkips he wants to donate but he reached the limit he'll have to wait and the league may have that need too.

Legends. Limit for purchasing yes but not 1 every raffle period.

Also pokemon wich special moves (like that smeargle with happy hour or whatever it's called) should have a higher value too

Did it again lol. Comments bold

That actually gives me a good idea on the donation actually about donations being the easiest way to gain it. I think what I might suggest to Fairy is to put a cap on our donation center. Like if we hit say 60 mons, then we won't take any other donations for the time being. That way A) We don't get overfilled with donations and B) donations won't be the most reliable way to earn LP anymore. I think that'll help take care of the donation being the most reliable means of LP and DX's concern of there being a huge amount of mons in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.