• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
alright garnet ^_^ thanks for letting us know good luck to shoveler for the league ^_^ I will edit shoveler in later tonight as bug leader

will edit all leaders will not have anymore special tiers since we are now in triads but you still are allowed to use any battle style you want as well as required to be open to singles just in case.

oh forgot fairy gym will be open tommorow for sure ;)
Welcome to the Triad Shoveler.

Also Fairy when you do the updates, Ground is now going to open for Doubles too. I'll specify which battle style I'll be doing when I open. But singles and doubles are ready.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Welcome to the Triad Shoveler.

Also Fairy when you do the updates, Ground is now going to open for Doubles too. I'll specify which battle style I'll be doing when I open. But singles and doubles are ready.

thats fine I can update you later tonight :3 I need to get my double team together I plan on doing doubles as well but never got around to fixing my team up for that ._.

edit: alright dj added you in for your doubles as well as shoveler is in the main front as our new bug gym leader ^_^

flying,dragon,ice,and psychic are still open for applications if anyone knows someone that like to be a leader and is dedicated to open on a daily basis send them over :3

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Fairy, in the first post, it still says that my Gym's style is Rotational. It's supposed to be Triples.
Also, why do people seem to like Double battles more than Triple? Come on guys. Spread the like for the Triples!
I can try triples out, I used it in the Maison well, just never tried using it strategically. But, some day I shall.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Fairy, in the first post, it still says that my Gym's style is Rotational. It's supposed to be Triples.
Also, why do people seem to like Double battles more than Triple? Come on guys. Spread the like for the Triples!

tbh I have no clue I think it may be because the last leader and forgot to edit? *shrugs* I can edit it out no worries

I can try triples out, I used it in the Maison well, just never tried using it strategically. But, some day I shall.

I personally never cared for triples that is just me though but I do not mind doubles. I use to play doubles alot in platinum 4th gen but just stopped randomly its been awhile. I use to be pretty good with it too tbh

Cutty

Forever now
I like Triples b/c it seems faster for a battle. But I have to make a special team and moves for it and I'm lazy.

But I will change my battle style to Doubles sooner or later. So no more Singles except for a special battle in NU.

Water Open... PM Me when ready

The truth hurts, Nobody likes triples for competitive battles, its just a fun get away format!! You're gona lack challengers more then anyone.
Maybe you should pick different days for doing different formats. :)

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It's not like I had frequent challengers anyways. Maybe they're just intimidated by the awesomeness. Maybe I'll think of a dastardly Doubles team. (I'm open now as Triples, though)

So no Triples beta tester. Alright. I'll just consider that team to be a success then. After all, I never had any team really beta tested, and so far, they've been doing good when used.

our old flying leader had those troubles most people don't like triples much but as long as we are open with other things we shall be fine. I am sure though most challengers don't mind triples :p

It's not like I had frequent challengers anyways. Maybe they're just intimidated by the awesomeness. Maybe I'll think of a dastardly Doubles team. (I'm open now as Triples, though)

So no Triples beta tester. Alright. I'll just consider that team to be a success then. After all, I never had any team really beta tested, and so far, they've been doing good when used.

People build teams based on single and doubles and them set up cant be used in triples as it wouldn't fit.
This will always give you an advantage over any challenger, given you cheap wins? If your into that kind of thing..
You need to offer singles to, unless you're very much aware of your advantages that you get? and if so, sorry to say but it unfair.
I take that back, as I'm sure you perfectly know that single and doubles teams can't compete in triples 90% of the time is the mean reason why your doing this.. give your self some edge I guess.. GG Lmao (your triad would be impossible to be beat because of you and it wouldn't be based on SKILLS) It wouldn't even prove that your the better player as its not competitive.
The only way this will work is if your whole triad did triples.. its just in the same case as burnerV2 asking if he can still do UU under triads.. NO.
(No beef, just stating facts)

Fairy.. with all due respect, this league aint gona get real competitive players with single format for gyms not being the main platform.
Telling you this from Experience.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Fairy.. with all due respect, this league aint gona get real competitive players with single format for gyms not being the main platform.

oh I know that, I was just saying singles is not the only thing we all can do I was just announcing that leaders can do other platforms but if a challenger wants to do singles the leader must be able to do that as well. I just want to make sure we are ready for everything. I sometimes word things the wrong way sorry for not correctly pointing out my point. I wasn't saying that singles can't be the main format.

anyway I should open fairy gym like in a hour...

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Can I just confirm every leader has a ou team and cannot decline a challenge because they don't do ou?

ever leader doesn't have to have OU team they can use any teir pokemon they want in there team except ubers of course and the challenger doesn't have to have a OU team as well. I am saying this only because most people don't like to construct a team based only OU teir.

Cutty

Forever now
People build teams based on single and doubles and them set up cant be used in triples as it wouldn't fit.
This will always give you an advantage over any challenger, given you cheap wins? If your into that kind of thing..
You need to offer singles to, unless you're very much aware of your advantages that you get? and if so, sorry to say but it unfair.
I take that back, as I'm sure you perfectly know that single and doubles teams can't compete in triples 90% of the time is the mean reason why your doing this.. give your self some edge I guess.. GG Lmao (your triad would be impossible to be beat because of you and it wouldn't be based on SKILLS) It wouldn't even prove that your the better player as its not competitive.
The only way this will work is if your whole triad did triples.. its just in the same case as burnerV2 asking if he can still do UU under triads.. NO.
(No beef, just stating facts)

Your post is tad wrong in a sense. If a challenger can beat DX 2401PG's triples team it actually shows they have complete battle skills.
How is that not based on skills.
Singles/Doubles no matter how popular are not the best styles.
I get it if we want more challengers n encourage more battles we should follow the popular choice.
It just you can't call something cheap while its not easy to build a team n strategy n to master the style. Unless you cheat.
Just my two cents.

Your post is tad wrong in a sense. If a challenger can beat DX 2401PG's triples team it actually shows they have complete battle skills.
I get it if we want more challengers n encourage more battles we should follow the popular choice.
It just you can't call something cheap while its not easy to build a team n strategy n to master the style. Unless you cheat.
Just my two cents.

You've missed my point.. It aint skilled based when you opponents team was built around single.. it more of a bullying your opponents.
You aint gona beat a triple team that way.. this not how it works.. it will also limits team creativity if hes the only 1 in his triad doing triples.
please read the points I've made well before you jump in..

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Just my two cents.

Wow, really? So much for trying to keep the mood light. Screw it.

If I wanted to prove that I'm a better player, I'd challenge people in a FRIENDLY battle. There is no point in doing it in the competitive fields, thanks to all the bans. Being the best in OU just means you're the best in the small isolated section of the games, that gets smaller and smaller. "I'm the best as long as you don't use this, this, that, or this."

I'm sticking with Triples because I find it to be more fun. You can have so much more team synergy and creative tricks. And cheap wins, huh? So I guess it's cheap if I go for any style other than Singles or Doubles, as everyone else absolutely refuse to change their strategy. Yep, sounds like competitive. Gee, maybe Triple Battles should be banned. I mean, if you guys absolutely refuse to try anything new, then fine. And you think I'm doing Triples just to give myself an edge? What I've been TRYING to do, is convince more people to try out Triples. See what kind of crazy tricks you can pull off. But it's like I'm reading scripture to a cow.

I only listed Triples because listing "Singles" as well is redundant, given the requirements. Something about Leaders must accept Single battles if challengers wish to. But you know what? Why bother with any format when everyone is just going to request for Singles, because that's how their team is built? Just trying to have fun here, but obviously "fun" and "competitive" are mutually exclusive. So be it.

I've been thinking this ever since the Landorus ban, solidified when Scald was up for vote, and now I've made my decision. Screw competitive. If I want to have fun, I'll just play another game or ask a friend for a friendly battle where anything goes. I've been getting the impression that everyone in competitive is a bunch of whining pu-... babies, and so far, absolutely NO ONE has proved to me otherwise. There are a few who claim to have not been in competitive for a while or just haven't said anything, and that's fine. For everyone else, grow up. Play other games, complain there, and see what the response is. It's usually around "learn to adapt", whose concept is completely foreign in this game's "competitive". The best you do is adjust EVs or change a moveset rather than changing a Pokemon and finding new uses to things.

Just being in this section of the forums is shameful now. If other people think I'm one of you "competitive" sissies, that's absolutely embarrassing. I'd normally NEVER say this, and would most definitely wait much longer before saying this kind of thing, but I don't care anymore. I better do this before you find new ways to disappoint. Fairy, you should find another Fire Leader. And Triple Leader. And give the win to whoever was supposed to be my round 3 opponent in the Eevee tourney. And is there a way to get a "refund" on League donations? Because I donated 4 Legendaries for the sake of League contributions, and now that I don't give a crap about the leagues anymore, I want them back. I know 1 got taken in a raffle and that's fine. But whatever's left, I want back. I guess I'll ask Burner.

I believe the old proverb goes as "the frog in a well". You frogs have your fun in that tiny well. I stepped into that well to see what it was liked, and I'm stepping out before I turn into a frog too. Screw all the guilds and leagues. All I've learned from this "competitive" section is complaining about any and all things that seem unfair to your never-changing team.

You've missed my point.. It aint skilled based when you opponents team was built around single.. it more of a bullying your opponents.
You aint gona beat a triple team that way.. this not how it works.. it will also limits team creativity if hes the only 1 in his triad doing triples.
please read the points I've made well before you jump in..

alright everyone this has been far enough with the bully/discussion talk, I want this league clean as possible as well as we shouldn't be badgering people about whatever styles we like to play. I understand we all have our own opinions on things but we can't jump into things and bully one another because we like certain battle styles. I will give this a fair warning if this kind of play starts up again I will give a strike whoever continues in this league about this subject. I want this league to be fun not super serious to the point it hurts peoples feelings we all battle differently which we all should respect each other even if you don't like a certain thing eachother say. I would also say like to say this even though we all strive to do singles just in case leaders are allowed to do any battle style they like which we do not ever bully anyone that likes a different battling style.

I am sorry to hear that you are stepping down dx from the fire gym position. I want to wish you good luck sweetie to whatever you do with in life and if you have gave your pokemon to burn to hold for the donations you can get them back from burn which I am sorry you had a bad experience with the comp section it really isn't that bad as it seems.

fire gym is now open for applications

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Hey guys! sorry for being absent lately. Almost done with my steel team. Having some troubles breeding this one 'mon, but I'm confident it'll pop out of its egg soon with the nature I want. I feel like I'll need till monday to finish, but if I finish earlier than I'll open asap! enjoy the weekend everyone ^w^

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
mNnj0HF.png

Username: Twinyoshi45
Applying for Gym or Elite four: Gym
Type Available: Dragon
Will you be active for the job?: Yes
GMT Timezone: -7
IGN: TwinYoshi
WFC: 1306 - 6191 - 8985
read the rules?: Yes
Is your team ready?: Yes
Badge Name: Trogdor
Battle Styles: Singles, Doubles, Triples, and Rotation

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey guys! sorry for being absent lately. Almost done with my steel team. Having some troubles breeding this one 'mon, but I'm confident it'll pop out of its egg soon with the nature I want. I feel like I'll need till monday to finish, but if I finish earlier than I'll open asap! enjoy the weekend everyone ^w^

if you need help breeding anything sky let me know I can get you some pokemon ready if you need me too I was breeding some onixs for mega steelix if you like one I can get you one they are in heavy ball :3

mNnj0HF.png

Username: Twinyoshi45
Applying for Gym or Elite four: Gym
Type Available: Dragon
Will you be active for the job?: Yes
GMT Timezone: -7
IGN: TwinYoshi
WFC: 1306 - 6191 - 8985
read the rules?: Yes
Is your team ready?: Yes
Badge Name: Trogdor
Battle Styles: Singles, Doubles, Triples, and Rotation

hey twinyoshi glad to have you aboard the leader train ^_^ accpepted

edit: all battle frontier badges are up which I ended up making them since azulart is busy they are not the best out there but I tried

Last edited:
Water OPEN.. PM me when ready. Close

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Ground Gym is open for Doubles today, tomorrow I'll open for Singles, but I want to have some fun tests with my Doubles team.

EDIT: CLOSED

Last edited:

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
the Dragon gym has closed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.