• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Eternian Forces League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelantos

I think the "counter type" should be... I don't know. Clarified? Updated? Like, if a type resists the Gym's STAB, then it leans towards a counter type, but if that type isn't super-effective against that Gym type at the same time, I think they should cancel out. Like a x2 and x0.5 at the same time. You just get 1. Bringing Water to Steel would count Water as a counter type, since Water resists Steel, but Steel doesn't resist Water. Which would also mean that Dragon isn't a counter type to Dragon. You'd bring a type that's weak to that Gym type's STAB, while at the same time you brought a type that has STAB super-effectiveness against the Gym's type.

But then there are pokemon who despite having having the best type matchup don't actually do so well because of the sets it can run.If someone brings up a Magikarp I can hardly call that a counter to Steel.

Lelantos

Well, it's the type that's important. The challenger would naturally bring in the best counters within the defined counter-type. I mean, it's not like anyone would bring in Deliberd for a Dragon Gym.

People battle with whatever they want.By that logic I would've only battled Heatrans, Landorus etc.
I think the best way to handle counter teaming is to leave it to a third unbiased person to decide such things (likely someone in charge of the league).And they should look beyond the types but also consider the moves.Bringing a Ground type to a Steel Gym gains no advantage whatsoever if the pokemon lacks a Super Effective move.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Leader Report 1
CHALLENGER EARNED THE INTENSITY BADGE
Challenger: Lelantos
Leader and Type: Burnerv2 (Fighting)
Score: Lelantos 4-0
Rate your performance(0-10): 4
Leader's performance(0-10): 10
Additional Comments(be polite): Excellent game o/ Great team building. My team had no answers at all. Enjoy the Intensity Badge!

So here's a brief explanation of what it means to counter team a gym type.

The challenger is allowed to bring up to three pokemon that type counter the leader's main pokemon type. A counter means...
- A pokemon that has a super-effective typing against the gym leader's type.
- A pokemon that has resistant typing against a gym leader's type.

Let's use Lelantos Steel type as an example.
Say this is the team line up to face his team. (Charizard, Magmar, Infernape, Pikachu, Magnemite, Azumarill)
The said team is a counter team because it contains 5 pokemon that act as counters. Fire is super-effective/resistant, Fighting is super-effective and Electric is resistant.
Azumarill doesn't count as a counter because even though water is resistant, fairy is not and thus it takes neutral damage.
Steel is also considered a counter because it is resistant to the steel typing.

So you want your team to only carry three counters. Here would be an acceptable team - Charizard, Pikachu, Ferrothorn <=(Your counters for the type), Gengar, Porygon 2, Sceptile <= (Non Counters)

Your Pokemon moves do not determine if they are counters or not, so you could pack Focus Blast on all three of your non-counters.
So that's the brief explanation of the counter system.

Last edited:

Lelantos

Leader and Type: Burnerv2
Score: Win 4-0
Rate your performance(0-10):8
Leader's performance(0-10):6
Additional Comments(be polite): Closer than the result may lead to believe but at some moments it felt as if just losing one pokemon would cost me the match hence why I played so carefully.All things considered it was a great battle!

Go team Steel!

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
Its fine but yeah just because I haven't made the userbar or updated the doesn't mean it was barely manged which I had burn doing the updates on the spread for me until I had time to edit not sure if you knew that XD by the time I was going through the leaders that were inactive I wanted to make sure everyone intreasted so I messaged every leader that wanted to keep there position but you didn't have a response so I thought something happened. I was pretty busy at the time and plus on top of being sick on and off working 32 hours a week too does it. I just didn't have anytime to get the userbars done and add you sorry for the confusion. I just want to say though no worries I was pretty much on and off alot thats why but I should have the userbars done for everyone tonight as well as just message me your userbar trainer sprite and favorite psychic mon.

Edit: alright all userbars are all set for current leaders besides zombie so zombie once you message me about your userbar stuff it should be done when I get spare time again to get it done but you are added in as psychic gym :3

also as well leaders that haven't applied yet there are frontier facilities still need to be filled if you intreasted in any frontier apply now first come first serve ;)

Sorry I didn't know any of the personal things you had going on. I'll be sending you a PM right now.

Lelantos

Leader and Type: Razor Leafeon
Score: Win 2-0
Leader's performance(0-10):8
Additional Comments(be polite): Very close battle which I was only able to win through one of my pokemons having a slightly different move on it's standard set which allowed me to deal with a very dangerous threat. Had it not been for that I would've most likely lost.Great game!

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Will be applying for a gym :p

Username: Sito
Applying for Gym or Elite four: Gym
Type Available: Electric
Will you be active for the job?: Yep :)
GMT Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time
IGN:Sito
WFC: 1676-4178-1142,
read the rules?: Yep
Is your team ready? Yep, my team is already done xD

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Leader and Type: Razor Leafeon
Leader's performance(0-10):8
Additional Comments(be polite): Very close battle which I was only able to win through one of my pokemons having a slightly different move on it's standard set which allowed me to deal with a very dangerous threat. Had it not been for that I would've most likely lost.Great game!
Confirmed. Freakin pursuit...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Sorry I didn't know any of the personal things you had going on. I'll be sending you a PM right now.

its cool you didn't know ;) anyway I saw and I will get the userbar done tonight before I go to bed I have a layout right now for this leagu as well as masters league.

Will be applying for a gym :p

Username: Sito
Applying for Gym or Elite four: Gym
Type Available: Electric
Will you be active for the job?: Yep :)
GMT Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time
IGN:Sito
WFC: 1676-4178-1142,
read the rules?: Yep
Is your team ready? Yep, my team is already done xD

hey sito welcome to the league and same as I told zombie which he already messaged me about it just vm me your trainer sprite and electric pokemon you want on your userbar.

My bad (I thought it sounded like an ad too). I'll be careful. And the donation would have to be cancelled, since both Moltres got taken. Now only Ho-oh, Entei, and Mewtwo are left for RNG in HGSS, and I doubt they'll be used in this league, given how two of them aren't allowed. I'll donate other stuff if I get the chance.

Oh, and a quick question. Do Steel types count as "counter type" when facing Steel type Gym? Or any type that resist itself, like Fire, Ice, Grass, Poison, etc (because they resist the Gym type's STAB)? And similarly, do types that are weak to themselves count as "counter types" as well?

its cool just wanted to let you know :p and alright just let burn know. I also want to let you know that anything and everything would be consider a counter like type weakness,resistance,not effective and stab would be a counter to a gym. If you encounter someone using alot of weakness you are aloud to denie a match but it seems I may have to put a counter rule soon if it becomes to much of a hassle for you leaders if the challengers are not understanding what to much of counter is if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
So, i got sick....again,
lots of free time, so i am OPEN!!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So, i got sick....again,
lots of free time, so i am OPEN!!

lol when I am sick I normally never open up XD anyway guys I may not open up today after all do to were going shopping later then I though so will not open tonight unless I get back here earlier.

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
Accepting challenges for the rest of the day. ORAS only. Also FairyWitch I left you a VM

Leader and Type: Psychic Gym Leader Zombie
Score: Challenger Win 2-0
Rate your performance (0-10): 8
Challenger's Performance(0-10): 9
Additional Comments (be polite):

Challenger: Marika_CZ
Score: Challenger wins 1-0
Rate your performance (0-10): 7
Challenger's Performance(0-10): 7
Additional Comments (be polite): The crit mattered

Challenger: Koume and Kotake
Score: Leader win 3-0
Challenger's Performance(0-10): 6
Additional Comments (be polite): You should've just KO'd my infernal instead of roosting.

Last edited:

Lelantos

Leader and Type: ZombieDeviant (Psychic)
Leader's performance(0-10): 8
Additional Comments(be polite): Got really lucky with teams matchup and was able to make the most of it but even then there were moments when the match could've gone either way but in the end I managed to pull through.GG.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Fighting Gym is open for 2 hours o/

Going through a rough patch with losses, but every loss makes you stronger o/ >:V INTENSITY

Leader Report 1
Challenger: Why Bufet
Score: Loss 3-0
Rate your performance(0-10): 6
Additional Comments(be polite): Excellent performance by Why Buffet! Could of done a few things different, but I was outplayed plain and simple! Great job and enjoy the Intensity Badge!

Leader Report 2
Score: Loss 4-0
Rate your performance(0-10): 3
Additional Comments(be polite): Phew, I've been getting my butt handed to me lately. :V Gonna have to re-evaluate my gym team sooner or later. Too many skilled challengers these days! Great game!

Challenger Report 1
EARNED THE RADIANT PHANTOM BADGE - HARD MODE FINISHED o/
Challenger: Burnerv2
Leader and Type: Kyurem (E4-1_
Score: Win 3-0
Rate your performance(0-10): 8
Additional Comments(be polite): A great game to get out of my losing streak as of late! Good game Kyurem! Your team's really tough. Definitely going to give people lots of trouble.

Last edited:

Marika_CZ

Challenger: Marika
Leader and Type: ZombieDeviant (Psychic)
Score: 1-0 (Challenger victory)
Additional Comments(be polite): So close! It came down to one Stone edge being either crit or no. GG!

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
Additional Comments (be polite): You should've just KO'd my infernal instead of roosting.

Confirming. I made a few bad decisions. I think that para on Charizard killed it though.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Ground Gym is open, PM/VM for a Challenge.

Challenger #1
Challenger: WhyBuffet
Leader and Type: DJSummers / Ground
Score: Gym Leader Win 2 - 0
Rate your Performance (0-10): 7
Additional Comments (be polite): Really good game, if you would have made a few different plays you would have won. Looking forward to your rematch.

Challenger #2
Score: Challenger Win 3 - 0
Rate your Performance (0-10):
Challenger's Performance(0-10):
Additional Comments (be polite): Started off really good, just my team doesn't have its usual teammates since its been changed. Going to have to use some time and come up with a new strategy, anyways congrats on earning the Tectonic Badge.

Challenger #3
Score: Gym Leader Win 1 - 0
Rate your Performance (0-10): 8
Challenger's Performance(0-10): 8
Additional Comments (be polite): Close game all the way, you did amazing. Looking forward to our rematch.

EDIT: Now Closed

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Additional Comments (be polite): A wonderful battle! This Gym Leader offers the perfect blend of challenge and fun; a skilled yet humble Gym Leader, I very much enjoyed my battle!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Accepting challenges for the rest of the day. ORAS only. Also FairyWitch I left you a VM

Leader and Type: Psychic Gym Leader Zombie
Score: Challenger Win 2-0
Challenger's Performance(0-10): 9
Additional Comments (be polite):

Challenger: Marika_CZ
Score: Challenger wins 1-0
Rate your performance (0-10): 7
Challenger's Performance(0-10): 7
Additional Comments (be polite): The crit mattered

the userbar already been done since last night ;) not sure if you saw in the front :p

Additional Comments (be polite): A wonderful battle! This Gym Leader offers the perfect blend of challenge and fun; a skilled yet humble Gym Leader, I very much enjoyed my battle!

burn is a good battler no doubt and is a really nice person in our guild glad you enjoyed the battle with him :3 I am proud to be his guild leader in the guild section ^_^

also guys fairy gym will be open tommorow after work for sure I will post when I open up tommorow :3

*Kyurem*

Challenger: Burnerv2
Leader and Type: *Kyurem* (Fairy/Ghost E4 Member)
Score: 0-4 (E4 Loss)
Rate your performance(0-10): 0
Challenger's performance(0-10): 8

Status
Not open for further replies.