• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The EU Referendum

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
I personally think britain made the right choice. It wasn't about being racist, islamophobic, or whatever media buzzword gets thrown in there. The UK's citizens were fed up with the EU having them "front the bill" for everyone, so to speak, and then putting rules on the country without parliament's consent.
So instead of getting ordered around by Brussels, the UK citizen gets ordered around by Westminster, even more so than before. I'd hardly call that much of an improvement, especially given the recent quality of Tory governments.

Forget about funding the NHS with EU fees. At this rate, they will be lucky if there will even be an NHS.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
It's not a lie if it is justified. They should stay in position to face their consequences, but their reasons for leaving are not lies. If it is what they and the party believe, and they got it to pass, they need to face consequences.

I don't know why there's a period in your name, but I find your name ironic. They chose to resign so they don't have clean up the mess that they caused.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
I don't know why there's a period in your name, but I find your name ironic. They chose to resign so they don't have clean up the mess that they caused.

I use this name on every site i'm on. It was a typo so i rolled with it.
And you are right. They should stay and face consequences. They wanted to not have to abide by EU rules, they voted out, and then left.
They didn't want mass immigration, so they voted out. To put it like this, It's similar to what hungary is doing, albeit less violent, which is a good thing. But these eaders stepping down made brexit pointless. They had such big plans and if they are not going to stick around and make em, Britian will go back to the EU.
They should stay out, but god d*mn are they doing it stupidly

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I use this name on every site i'm on. It was a typo so i rolled with it.
And you are right. They should stay and face consequences. They wanted to not have to abide by EU rules, they voted out, and then left.
They didn't want mass immigration, so they voted out. To put it like this, It's similar to what hungary is doing, albeit less violent, which is a good thing. But these eaders stepping down made brexit pointless. They had such big plans and if they are not going to stick around and make em, Britian will go back to the EU.
They should stay out, but god d*mn are they doing it stupidly

The main reason they left the EU was xenophobia. Someone said earlier in this topic that Brexit is like a kid running away from home without any idea what to do next.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
The main reason they left the EU was xenophobia. Someone said earlier in this topic that Brexit is like a kid running away from home without any idea what to do next.

More a combination of xenophobia and a psychological desire to have more power. The irony is that under this Tory government, employment has steadily increased meaning job competition has increased (causing the greater difficulty for people to gain jobs), public services etc. have been massively cut and inequality among age groups, genders, races and class groups has rapidly increased. But somehow, the Tory lead campaigners of the Leave Campaign managed to manipulate all of that and blame it entirely on immigrants, and the majority of Britons fell for it.

A few days later, those same campaigners admitted they had no plan. As many people pointed out, including the French Foreign Minister, these campaigners lied and manipulated hundreds of thousands of people. Some of these people have realised they were conned and aren't as xenophobic as they were before, but the majority of them still can't see the obvious truth.

Britain is in a sad state of affairs right now. With great economic and security uncertainty across the world, the threat of extreme international terrorism and revolts breaking out across the globe, Britain faces an identity crisis. The people of Britain have lost trust in 'the establishment' because of the failure that was the Iraq War, the failure to address those responsible for the Global Banking Crisis of 2009 and several other factors. Now Britons are searching for their new identity and developing overly nationalist pride. Inevitably it'll come back to bite us.

I honestly hope we don't have anymore elections or referendums for the foreseeable future, primarily because the majority of Britons will be suckered in by the same repeated lies of the Conservatives and vote blindly for the same politics as usual whilst moaning about how hard life is.