• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The European Union - Good or Bad?

Robster

Cascade Trainer
All (or certainly most) of you will know of the European Union, and indeed quite a lot of you, like me, live in it. Anyway, I was hoping for a bit of good honest debate on the topic, as most people I know are either anti-EU like myself or pro-EU and refuse to discuss it properly.

As I say, I am anti-EU, and I'll begin the debate by briefly outlining my reasons for that:

- There is a huge financial cost - UKIP claims on its (website) and campaign leaflets that it costs the UK £40 million a day. This can be expected to be somewhat exaggerated given the source, but there is certainly a significant cost, and I feel that this could be better spent.
- Laws unsuitable for some countries are forced upon all member states - this Daily Mail article explains how the extension of the 48-hour working week will harm rural fire services.
- Despite talking of European partnership, the member states seem more than happy to stab one another in the back when there is a crisis, such as Angela Merkel guaranteeing all deposits in German savings accounts after criticising the Irish for doing this and saying that she would not follow suit - see here.

Those are the major reasons, although I could (and hopefully will, later on) expand on my other complaints, such as the numerous problems with the Common Monetary Policy (ergo the Euro), Common Agricultural Policy, and Common Fisheries Policy, and the lack of democracy which I perceive.

Happy debating!

Dr. Ste

Pokemon Breeder
Indeed. Even though I'm politically opposite to IND/DEM (part of which is UKIP), the EU, with most of its treaties suppresses the labour class and supports commercialization and neo-liberalism. But I have a feeling this will change just a little bit with the Europarliament elections in the next days...