• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evilest Pokemon Tactic in the game

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I just thought of this not long ago.
Have any of you been subject to any tactics in the battle towet that were just plain evil? then post 'em here so you can let other people know how you feel!

one i have?
probably Yache-Garchomp in a Sandstorm. end of story.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Opppnet uses doulble team

Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses

Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses
Your Move misses

Your pokemon fainted!

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
In ubers, where chomp can be run, sandstorm is often washed out or dried out by kyogre or groudon.

Mail Time

Banned
When someone switches in a Cacturne in Sandstorm with Brightpowder then uses Double Team over 100 times!

Indragon

Back in the USSR
When someone switches in a Cacturne in Sandstorm with Brightpowder then uses Double Team over 100 times!

Though Double Team is banned, a Brightpowder Sub-SD Cacturne in the Sand has owned me once. Goshdarn hax >.>

There's this tactic that involves setting up Stealth Rocks and Spikes, and then using a really fast Assist to use Whirlwind/Roar before the opponent can attack, thereby preventing the opponent from doing anything, and making them take damage from Stealth Rocks/Spikes.

There's also parahaxing (Jirachi/Togekiss/Dunsparce/etc.)

I've also thought of one tactic, that involves preventing the opponent from leaving (Fire Spin, etc.), and using Torment + Encore. I haven't tested this (on Shoddy or in-game), either the opponent is forced to Struggle, or one of the moves fail.

striker

I AM THAT IS
F.E.A.R

^ even its name is sinister... either that or BRELOM >( THAT DAMN POKEMON!

EagleScout

yache garchomp is rather beast and annoying combo, but the thing i hate most is double team -.-

Haha, evasion isn't banned in VGC play. We see it all the time at the tournaments! It doesn't bother me though because in reality it only works like 1/10 times.

What does bother me, and probably doesn't bother you "singles" players, is the move Dark Void. An 80% chance to put BOTH your leads to sleep is unfair. :/ Granted, only Smeargle can use it in VGC style play, because Darkrai has been banned so far *thankyousweetjesus* so if you see a Smeargle, you have a heads-up, but still... gawd I hate it.

[edit]
Oh, and what really makes it worse, is that there is no Sleep Clause in VGC style play. They can just put all 4 of your pokes to sleep.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Stall in general is just awful and boring to face, but Breloom and Jirachi are both extremely annoying in standard play.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Now that I think about it, Breloom's really, really annoying as well, so cheap, yet so effective...:/

Now that I think about it, Breloom's really, really annoying as well, so cheap, yet so effective...:/
I think the Pokemon that have come up the post are Breloom and Jirachi. And I think Machamp perhaps deserves to be on the list, with its Dynamic Punch.
Now to incorporate them into one team...

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Any pokemon that carries a berry to soften their quadruple weakness like Flygon, Gyarados, and Forretress for example.