• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evolution Solution (068)

D

Dark Magic

Underwhelming and the comedy is half decent, I wasn't a fan of the Psyduck/Slowbro stuff.

Adam_stm

Don't you think that it's a weird concept in the anime for Slowpoke evolving with the bite of a shelder on the tail or even the head? In the games its leveling up. What if it happened like this in the games too? that would be weird.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
yah thats wierd how in the game, it is diff from the eps. Meh, i wasnt really a fan of orange islands episodes.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Ashy Boy said:
Who was the VA who did Professor Westwood???
Tonio Von Der Meden was Professor Westwood's Voice Actor in Germen. ^^;

The American one is on the tip of my tongue....I tell you when I find out. ^^;

Last edited:

LuciRuki

Born This Way
why dont u search for it on the internet?

JONNO.FRESH

I didnt really like this epi. Jesse Should of kept Shelder imo. 5/10

Battra

A good episode, I love slowpoke and it's evolutions so this was a good episode. I like that they devoted a entire episode to the Slowpoke evolution into Slowbro, this is the first mention of using another Pokemon to help and Pokemon evolve a concept we won't see anything like that in the games until 4th gen with needing a Remoraid to help evolve your Mantyke into a Mantine, i'm surprised that the developers haven't added that for Slowpoke to evolve into Slowbro. Lastly i'd love to see Psybro in the anime and games.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I really didn't like this episode that much. I was kind of bored when watching it.

Is it merely coincidence that Shellder clamped onto Psyduck's head in this episode, and a few years later Game Freak designed a Slowpoke evolution that is the result of Shellder clamping onto Slowpoke's head? Anytime I watch/remember this episode now, after Ash's Psybro joke, I think about a Psyking!

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Oh, I remember this one!

My favorite part of the episode was that Westwood guy showing Ash & co. pics of him and his ancestors... and they all looked the same, except for his great-great grandfather (Westwood I), who was kinda handsome actually... and he told Ash& them that it was a picture of him XDDD Then he bowed to them, begging forgiveness for his stupidity, and always forgot that the best-looking pic was him, apparently. XD

That's seriously all I remember from this episode. I forgot entirely about Jessie & that Shellder. Wonder where we'd be with it today if she'd kept it?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
How gutted must Team Rocket have been, they manage to catch a pokemon and it would rather evolve a Slowpoke than stay with them.

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode is very informative because it reveals how Slowpoke's evolution works. In the game it's different because it evolves in Level 37 without a Shellder biting its tail. In the anime, a Slowpoke evolves when a Shellder bites to its tail. I really don't get it as I've always thought whatever goes in the games, it happens in the anime. Well, some events from games happen in any particular episode.

Cioger

Glitchemon Trainer
I didn't understand how slowbro was effected buy it's own move amnesia and didn't remember how to use mega punch?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved this episode. i like the evolution of Slowpoke, it's great.

And Slowbro was strong.