• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evolution Solution (068)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Prof. Westwood was not what I had expected, but his portrait was funny, he looked lke James.

The episode was fun. We finally saw Giovanni out in the open and ordering Team Rocket to do something useful, but again they messed up.

Too bad Jessie's Shellder didn't stay with her for long 6/10.

Yeah, ever since I saw this I've wondered how trainers would work out something like that under normal circumstances. Trainer A owns a Shellder and has it battle a Slowpoke owned by Trainer B. Shellder bites Slowpoke's tail or head and they merge together into a Slowbro or Slowking. Who owns the Slowbro/king?
The pokemon merge together, so I would think that half of it would still belong to each trainer; yeah, that wouldn't be hard to work out.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yeah, ever since I saw this I've wondered how trainers would work out something like that under normal circumstances. Trainer A owns a Shellder and has it battle a Slowpoke owned by Trainer B. Shellder bites Slowpoke's tail or head and they merge together into a Slowbro or Slowking. Who owns the Slowbro/king?
The pokemon merge together, so I would think that half of it would still belong to each trainer; yeah, that wouldn't be hard to work out.

I will never understant the part with Shellder, and Slowbro's evolution. I guess they found it out only with the help of the professor, he was very smart.

JohnLee

Brock: "I'm into legendary Pokemon, Westwood Five, you must have tons of information on 'em!"
Westwood: "Only what I've created myself, because I'm not convinced most of them exist. Right now I'm working on a fictional account of the subject."
Misty: "You mean you're making stuff up?"
Westwood: "Gah!...Well, I guess you could say I'm making stuff up, I suppose...Forgive me, Westwood the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth!...I forgot, that one's me!"

Ash: (whispering) "Professor Westwood seems a little...eccentric."
Brock: (whispering back) "It's probably hereditary. He must have gotten it from Westwoods One through Four."

Westwood: "AAAAHHH! They want to kidnap me and make me their slave! They want my superior intellect to help rule the planet! Please, the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth, you gotta help me, save me for the sake of the Westwoods!...Oh, I forgot again, that's me."

Memorable, memorable quotes. :D

When I first saw this episode when I was little kid, I didn't really understand it, but I laughed anyway. Now when I look back on it, this episode was hilarious!

Lorde

They work it out, I suppose (I would hope). Maybe with a battle? Or the trainer who cares the most would allow the other trainer to keep it, as to not hurt the Pokemon.

G50

No longer posting
It was very cool seeing how Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro in the Anime. It was very hilarious seeing Psyduck and Slowpoke try and talk to each other :D. Other than that, the episode moved too slowly...

30/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
This episode seemed a little boring, but I did like the part where Shellder clamped down on Psyduck's head. xD

I still don't understand how Slowpoke evolve. It's like, a clam clamps onto its tail and then suddenly it's a totally different Pokemon? Seems strange to me. o_O

hever

022611229PM
This reminds me so much of how I tried to evolve Slowpoke in my Silver game. Placing a Slowpoke with a Shellder in the Day Care did not work. But I highly enjoyed this episode.

8/10

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah, the idea of Shellder causing Slowpoke to evolve was dumb but as a kid I thought it was the most fascinating thing in the world. It was average. The only memorable thing about the episode was the idea of Shellder causing Slowpoke to evolve.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Haha I loved Psyduck in this episode. It's conversation, or lack of it, with Slowpoke/bro was typical sillyness, and the way it returns to it's usual self seconds after performing Disable. This episode also had one of my favourite Team Rocket entrances, as they fly into the Professors Lab.
The Professor was a weird one too. I like the way that Slowpoke evolves in the Animé, it's different. But then they describe it being beneficial for Shellder too, which makes no sense seeing as it can just evolve into Cloyster...

Well, nice episode. Team Rocket catching Shellder was funny, they shouldn't have let it bite Slowpoke's tail, but search for a Water Stone and keep it themselves, and evolve it. That would get Team Rocket a nice and strong Pokemon. Psyduck was awesome, epic and perfect like always. 10/10.

7threst

That character of the day was hilarious with his ancestry. I also loved the explanation of the Slowpoke and it's unique evolution method. One of those episodes that are not that spectacular, but still solid.

Blessed

Was never really interested in seeing Slowpoke but seeing it together with Psyduck was what made this episode funny & the best.

RocketToTheMoon

This episode had some of the best quotes of the season. The whole "conversation" between Psyduck and Slowpoke had me busting my gut in laughter!

NPT

Just a member
This episode was pretty good, and It has some funny moments. I liked seeing Misty in her White swimswit at the beginning of this episode, she was looking nice in it. This episode's COTD Professor Westwood(5) was funny, I liked how he kept talking to all those portraits and forget that the last potrait .... which was his own potrait. was himself. It's also funny when Ash, Misty and Brock were whispering about Professor Westwood being "a little enccentric", and Professor Westwood thought that they were Kidnappers! LOL.
Shellder biting on Psyduck's head was funny, Psyduck's headache blasting Team Rocket off was funny as well. Psyduck and Slowbro's interactions were odd. Oh well, they had almost same personality after all. Ash's "Psybro" joke was hilarious.

Last edited:
I found it weird how even though it looks nothing like a normal Shellder, the shell on Slowbro's tail is still referred to as one.

Lorde

I was surprised that an expert professor like Oak was confused about why Slowpoke evolves via Shellder biting its tail. Seeing Seafoam Island was neat, although it's too bad that it was basically a big resort place unlike in the games. Anyway, I cackled at Meowth's anger over Shellder's tongue, as well as when he tried to steal Persian's milk.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww Psyduck and Slowpoke's weird friendship was adorable and professor Westwood sure was eccentric hee hee. I liked the beach scenes especially how Giovanni was relaxing while Jessie and James simply dug in the sand. :D