• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evolution Solution (068)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Evolution Solution!

Sent to Seafoam Island to learn from Prof. Westwood V, Ash & co get caught in a bit of research of his, the explaining why Slowpoke and Shellder evolve together into Slowbro. However Team Rocket have another plan...to get the Shellder and steal the Slowbro for themselves...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This epsiode was great. It really gave our UU friend, Slowbro, some spotlight. Not to mention it named about every positive and scientific aspect of Slowbro. Shellder was pretty darn cute too. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that handsome 'portrait' of that scientist? XD, I must see that again!!

Overall rating:
9.0 out of 10!!!
Great filler, and a great Kanto episode(for once).

SC~ out

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Shellder Clamps on Psyducks head.
Ash: It'll be a Psybro now.
Misty: I've never heard of a Psybro.
Brock: That's because there's no such thing.
XD
It's episodes like this make Kanto Pokemon at its best.

M

Mistystar89

I loved this episode. There was such comedy into it. XD 9.0/10

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I knew they'd devote an episode to the science behind Slowpoke's evolution ever since they introduced the concept in "Island of the Giant Pokémon", and this episode did it well. Professor Westwood is one of those dippy one-shot characters you can't help but like. And it's too bad Jessie lost her Shellder - that could have gone somewhere.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
The Big Al said:
Shellder Clamps on Psyducks head.
Ash: It'll be a Psybro now.
Misty: I've never heard of a Psybro.
Brock: That's because there's no such thing.
XD
It's episodes like this make Kanto Pokemon at its best.

Precisely, It's the humor more than anything that wins my vote for kanto in the animé being the best region.

The gags were funny, Professor Westwood continuously apologising to his predecessors for example. I liked James version of being a Pokémon master, you just couldn't help but laugh at him. We miss this sort of suff in advanced *sigh*.

The whole idea of Slowbro's evolution on what Westwood was trying to explain isn't anything too important. It's just for the sake of the filler.

Both Slowbro and Slowpoke came off highly in this, I remember my friend even saying that they were his favourites as soon as he saw this episode.

Despite it being a regular filler, this is definitley one of more favourites of all time.

Sebok

Banned
Jesse GS the II said:
I knew they'd devote an episode to the science behind Slowpoke's evolution ever since they introduced the concept in "Island of the Giant Pokémon", and this episode did it well. Professor Westwood is one of those dippy one-shot characters you can't help but like. And it's too bad Jessie lost her Shellder - that could have gone somewhere.

I agree. If she still had it, it'd probably have fun dousing Torchic. Is it me, or does Jessie seem to hat May as much she did Misty?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm not the biggest fan of slowpokes either, but at least Psyduck and slowpoke together was really funny. :) I like it at the end of the episode when Misty says she's heard of not knowing how to say goodbye but this is ridiculous. Westwood V was pretty funny, especially when he kept going to all the portraits and forgetting that the last one was himself. I also liked when he begged Team Rocket to call him Westwood V and Jessie says she'd call him Henry VIII if he gave them his pokemon. :)

It's too bad that Team Rocket couldn't get slowbro, or weren't able to keep shellder more than one episode, but at least this was a pretty good episode otherwise.

Geodude

Brock: "I'm into legendary Pokemon, Westwood Five, you must have tons of information on 'em!"
Westwood: "Only what I've created myself, because I'm not convinced most of them exist. Right now I'm working on a fictional account of the subject."
Misty: "You mean you're making stuff up?"
Westwood: "Gah!...Well, I guess you could say I'm making stuff up, I suppose...Forgive me, Westwood the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth!...I forgot, that one's me!"

Ash: (whispering) "Professor Westwood seems a little...eccentric."
Brock: (whispering back) "It's probably hereditary. He must have gotten it from Westwoods One through Four."

Westwood: "AAAAHHH! They want to kidnap me and make me their slave! They want my superior intellect to help rule the planet! Please, the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth, you gotta help me, save me for the sake of the Westwoods!...Oh, I forgot again, that's me."

Memorable, memorable quotes. :D

B

Blaziken master

Ahh Westwood.. one of the most memorable one shot characters. His quotes were so funny and psyduck and slowpoke/slowbro interaction was funny too.

Geodude

I'd love to see Professor Westwood in the anime again. With his character though, there should at least be a semi-well-written reason as to why he's there as opposed to someone else. So under what sort of circumstances do you guys think Professor Westwood should appear again in the anime?