• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evolutionary War (371)

I want to say that I've seen this episode once before, but the only familiar scene was in the beginning when those two kids were riding n their Huntail and Gorebyss. The rest of the episode wasn't that familiar. It's probably just that one scene I remember.

Huntail and Gorebyss are two Pokemon I always forget exist.

Sorry for the (just over) nine year old quote I'm pulling up, but for those who say the names for the islands were just generic names, apparently this is why they're called that:

THAT'S because there are "ABC" Islands in real life. Curacao,Aruba and one I forgot(theese Islands were used for oil in WW2)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I liked Team Rocket's Kingler mecha and how their Magikarp sub got flooded ha ha. Seeing Huntail and Gorebyss was cool and I liked how professor Birch was here to explain the evolution process.

JudySpell

Banned
I'm a Birch fan so I liked seeing him here and Huntail and Gorebyss were decent. At least we got to learn more about branched evolutions. 6.5/10

The evolution of Clamperl into Huntail and Gorebyss has always fascinated me, but this filler episode was only good because we got to see Prof. Birch.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm more concerned about how two fish Pokemon like Huntail and Gorebyss could hang out on dry land lmao.

Well we've seen fish pokemon survive out of water before. My guess is that they can breathe even on land, or it might just be 'anime physics'. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was great to see Professor Birch again. Also, how very convenient that the DeepSeaTooth was found on the island that loved Gorebyss and the DeepSeaScale was found on the island of Huntail fans.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked the episode fine. It was pretty repetitive, but oh well I've seen worse. I got to see Birch and Huntail and Gorebyss, two of my fave Water types. Overall, it wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've always been fond of how Pearlulu has a split evolution method, so I was glad that we saw Huntail and Sakurabyss here. Seeing Odamaki-hakase was like a bonus too, and Kikuma and Namiko solving their rivalry by teaming up against the Rocket-dan's Kingler mecha was predictable, yet still a pretty suitable climax.

Daizy

I call you honey
Did Birch's dub voice change? It's still Dan Green, but it seems like he's trying to sound deeper than usual. I liked seeing how Clamperl evolve into Huntail and Gorebyss.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've just realized how random Odamaki-hakase's role in this episode seems since he didn't add much to the Pearlulu evolution subplot. He had an odd habit of appearing in the most unfulfilling episodes in Houen.

Yay Professor Birch! Of course he's chilling in a pool. Gorebyss and Huntail are cool Pokémon.