• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evolutionary War (371)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Evolutionary War!

On the next Island, Ash & Co. meet up with Prof. Birch and learn that on the island, the boys and girls are divided by which evolution of Clamperl they think is best. They meet with a boy and girl who both want to evolve their Clamperls but need help. Ash & Co decide to help them, but Team Rocket have their eyes set on the Gorebyss and Huntail on the island. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

T

Tate+Liza

They CAN be stopped, just put a stone in their path and they will stop!(Note: Liza is in the washroom, so it is just you and me, Mommy)

Who agrees that this was one of the worst fillers in the whole advanced series? I almost slept during this episode.

TeddiUrsa

Yeah, this one and the relicanth episode were very weak...-.-
The most episodes between the 6. and the 7. badge were crappy...even the second groudon VS Kyogre episode...

the episode was ok........... wasn't so interesting but it was good to see Clamperl and Gorebyss^^;
6/10

Today's episode wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good either. Just some random ho-hum filler. And the ABC islands looked nothing like A,B, and C's.

RandomCharizard

Chosen of Mana said:
Today's episode wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good either. Just some random ho-hum filler. And the ABC islands looked nothing like A,B, and C's.
THAT'S because there are "ABC" Islands in real life. Curacao,Aruba and one I forgot(theese Islands were used for oil in WW2) seems cool they named it that.
Was an ok filler.

X

Xero

The episode was decent, pretty nice filler. I liked how they had Birch return, we haven't seen since Ash won his Balance Badge.

4/5

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
" So he's professor Birch? Up until now I never even knew his name. Just thought he was some guy who loved Pokemon. "

Not an exact quote but...did anyone besides me find this funny/odd? I mean...Joi's suppose to be running a school, yet she just lets some stranger roam around the children and pool without even asking his name?! What if he was a pedophile? o-o;

Maybe I just think too much though...*sweatdrops*

Either way, not a bad episode. A lot more interesting than what's been happening in Japan, that's for sure. <<

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It was another standard branched evolution episode. Not that I cared much for the episode, but lots of other stuff I found interesting.

Nurse Joy's new voice actress has greatly improved. She now sounds almost the same as the original. The Trainer Choices have all been very good this season, did 4kids finally hire a guy who knows what he's doing? Let's hope this keeps up the rest of the season. It's also upsetting that a filler like this has excellent animation which they could have used for the second Groudon/Kyorge episode instead.

Another perfect oppurtunity for May to strip into a bikini and she didn't do it. What a wasted opportunity.

TPMX

Beans backing up...
CyberCubed said:
Another perfect oppurtunity for May to strip into a bikini and she didn't do it. What a wasted opportunity.

Yes. So true.

Meh episode. Trainer's Choice was too easy, but it was right (thank god). Alright otherwise.

My score: 7/10
TV.com Score: 9.2/10 (WTF?)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I definitely liked this episode better than last week's. It dragged a bit in the middle while they were searching for the evolutionary material, but otherwise the episode was good. It was great to see Professor Birch again, and I love gorebyss. Team Rocket had two great lines in the episode too. I liked when they vowed that they'll get unstuck or they're not Team Rocket, then when they can't get out they said they should probably get new names. LOL :D I also liked James saying the infamous "Can you hear me now?" at the end. The two kids were interesting too.

7/10 for me.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Would you believe it, this episode bored me so much when it was first released in Japan that I purposely didn't watch it? I tuned in to about a minute of action (when Birch was being introduced) and then flipped the channel. If fans like me can't even get into it, I wonder how 4Kids! fairs in dubbing. Can you say numb brains?

Cybercubed said:
The Trainer Choices have all been very good this season, did 4kids finally hire a guy who knows what he's doing?
Well there's been about 3 so far? We shouldn't jump the gun. And speaking of which, what was this episode's TC?

Medea

Excalibur
CyberCubed said:
Well hey, they got 3 Trainer choices right in a row! Is that a record?
Don't put too much into it...They are bound to screw up really soon...I can feel it!

As for the episode, it was an okay episode. I got to see Gorebyss, so I'm happy! That's one pokemon that should be shown more often!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Actually, this one wreaked of a rehash of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode. Even to the point that the Gorebyss island dweller wanted a Huntail and Huntail island dweller wanted a Gorebyss. Get creative writers.

The Verzion Plug was amusing I guess.

This episode was ok.

It taught us trading with an item evolves Pokemon.I think.

I rate this 8/10.