• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Evolutionary War (371)

Medea

Excalibur
The Big Al said:
Actually, this one wreaked of a rehash of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode. Even to the point that the Gorebyss island dweller wanted a Huntail and Huntail island dweller wanted a Gorebyss. Get creative writers.
Holy crap! I forgot that entirely! (possibly because I never liked the Bellossom/Vileplume episode)

...But there's been episodes like this one where it is similar to another episode.

One example A Scare to Remember and Bound for Trouble (well it was IMO)

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
The episode was alright, kind of boring still. "Can you hear me now?" -lol - I mean hell, this reminded me of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode from a while back. Atleast it taught those "children" how to evolve Pokemon - unlike us Teens who are experts at the games. ^_^

7/10 for it being sorta like that Bellossom/Vileplume episode and for being sort of boring...

~Scott;229;

♣Cianwood Kid♣

well, i actually loved this episode, i even recorded it on my tivo!, because i wanted to find out my uber cute little kid couples' english names! look at my siggy!
Keith & Nancy are awesome!
and i love the fact that birch had no shirt on! he's total hot, look at my siggy again!
OMG, clamperl...huntail...gorebyss...birch...keith...nancy...it was great!

Wait.

In the dub,was it just me,or was Ash's voice was deeper when he was using his Corphish?

Thriller

Its almost time
If it weren't for Awesome TR battles, Prof. Birch involvement, Meowth's Boss Dream making sense and the fact that Nancy & Keith wanted the Pokemon they were supposed to be against, this episode would have been terrible. The "ABC Islands" made no sense and I hope that was just a dub name, either way it was stupid to call them that because those symbols looked nothing like ABC's.

After Grovyle's Bullet Seed didn't work.

Jessie: What you Seed is What you get!

Wow! BEST JOKE EVER! Thats Comedy Gold right there! Thats just what I want more of from 4Kids. [/sarcasm]

Prof. Brich thought that SALT water was delicious? Eeeeew. The only was Salt Water tastes good if its on an apple. Believe me I know what I'm saying.

After finding the Deep Sea Tooth in Cave #2 why did they expect something to happen to the Clampearl, I mean they just had a similar experience just 5 minutes ago.

7/10 for me.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Prof. Brich thought that SALT water was delicious? Eeeeew. The only was Salt Water tastes good if its on an apple. Believe me I know what I'm saying.
Who said it was salt water? Just because they're on an island doesn't mean fresh water can't exist.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Surprisingly people pay through the nose for mineral water. Why don't they drink Michigan Tap water? We got the minerals you could possibly need.

Back on topic. The rocks on the islands were Japanese characters that the island was named after as an inside gag. 4Kids was too lazy to repaint them. So for the first time in YEARS Japanese characters escaped the digital painters to show where this show comes from.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Back on topic. The rocks on the islands were Japanese characters that the island was named after as an inside gag. 4Kids was too lazy to repaint them. So for the first time in YEARS Japanese characters escaped the digital painters to show where this show comes from.
That wasn't the only thing that escaped 4kids, Midori's name did as well. Not that I'm complaining though...^^;

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Heh, OK episode. Huntail and Gorebyss are both neat Pokemon. Anyone else get the feeling that we've been seeing too much of Clampearl lately?

And you're right, there really are ABC islands. Now, they're not actually called A, B, and C, that's just what their names start with. I think they're somewhere near Alaska.

PDL

disenchanted
well, at least they explained about item evolution through having to give the item to the pokemon and have them hold it rather then simply comming into contact with it.

but I was kinda dissapointed about how they left out Goreabyss' somewhat gruesome feeding habits...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The Big Al said:
Actually, this one wreaked of a rehash of the Bellossom/Vileplume episode. Even to the point that the Gorebyss island dweller wanted a Huntail and Huntail island dweller wanted a Gorebyss. Get creative writers.
How is an episode about wild Bellossom and Vileplume warring over territory so similar to an episode about two islands whose people each prize a Pokemon their island is known for? It was similar to other episodes but not that similar to the Bellossom/Vileplume one except in that it concerned research into branched evolution.

The episode got quite boring around the middle but otherwise was fairly good/average. The Kingler mecha has to be one of the best TR mech's EVER.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ[/quote said:
This episode was ok.

It taught us trading with an item evolves Pokemon.I think.
Actually it taught us again that anime Pokemon don't evolve by trading.

Of course, this means that the evolutions of Machamp, Golem and such will probably never be explained since their trade evolutions require no items.

R

Risk Alchemist

i like this epsidoe! WHY? i never knew Pro. Brich was so buff! i mean he rocks at bodybuilding!

~DL~

Shadow246

FOR BRAWL!
It was okay. Much better than last weeks episode, that one was horrible. I wonder why it took awhile for them to evolve? At first, I thought they were going to trade. Anyways, I'd give it a 7.235754798640148/10.
-;257;

Sorry for the delay, but here's my rating even though this time I came to post about a very weird edit in this episode;
16/20

Basically at the end when Huntail and Gorebyss were fighting Team Rocket, they changed the order of the attacks,

Dub: Confusion;Thunder;Screech
Original: Confusion;Screech;Thunder

They did this so they could put in a Verizon pun?!

p.s. Huntail Rox!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I liked this episode

I like the fact the UK are getting training wrecks, Gaining Groudon and the Scuttle of legend next week

this ep was a tad boring, and Clamperl is annyoing

3/10

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This was just a Johto filler masquerading in an eel-skin coat.
The fact that scenes and explanations were needlessly repeated twice just to accomodate for the branched evolution really didn't help things either.

Have to say that I thought Gorebyss and Huntail's (pointless) dub voices were pretty neat though. And thats a good thing, because its hard to come across a pokémon with a decent dub voice these days...'IMO'