1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Experiment-The Face-off of Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Face-Offs' started by Illegible, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welcome to the Experiment!

Today (11/05/2006), WDt started a new round in the Item Evolution Face-off. Now, that is obviously nothing new in our face-off world, yet there was something soemwhat special about it. He set it up in triple hurt/heal format. Now, that is somewhat strange. Why? Since a bit after I joined and "revolutionized" the face-offs, only few face-offs have as of now used the triple hurt/heal format, as it is horrid for the tallyists and a bit extra to type. Well, I guess I can safely say I created the current hurt/heal face-off world. You know what? Single hurt/healing is not the end, it made for a good transition between triple hurt/healing to whatever lies in the future. Now, there are two types of future face-offs I see. One, created by Dark Halcyon Lugia, that "attack style" as I would call it, where we get MP for use with attacks+heals. The other? Few of you may remember a somewhat long time ago when the Dark Face-off made histroy with its fifth face-off, one I dubbed "The Experiment". Now, instead of giving you page-length, dry rules, I will directly copy the original rules, written for the Dark Face-off back on the 21 of June.

General rules in this face-off are identical to that of the Dark Face-off Version 3. I see little reason in keeping many different lists of rules that get updated frequently, when I can have one that gets used at multiple places.

After the time IMS called my face-offs arbitrary, I have mainly been doing them nomination-based. Each face-off will be a different "umbrella" of things in the pkmn world that will serve as the category for nomination, then, we face them off in the The Experiment style, whether it be Minor Johto Anime Characters or Pokémon that can learn Electrolevitate.

Face-off 1-General Pokémon
    Let us keep this simple to begin with, shall we? Nomiante once per post anything in the pkmn world, from Zapdos to Ken Sugimori. Easy, yes? I do not really care how frequently you nominate, as long as you give others a chance. For now, let us go to about twelve, this is subject to change as the page goes down.

Nominate away!

UPDATE-tallyists, make sure you check all posts you count for whether or not they add up to ten, and, if not, disregard them, but make sure to say at the end tally if you disregarded and, and perhaps who it was, as well
    UPDATE2-Shining Alakazam is now Charter Member. This is just a fancy name for co-owner pro temp. He can do all that he nees to--start and stop FOs. He may NOT issue FO bans, unless it is so necessary. As well, I hope for my new keyboard to be ridden from my computer soon, but in which case it does not, this could result in permanent co-owner. If it does lav me, then things COULD return to the status quo.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  2. Chancellor Hivemind.

Chancellor Hivemind. Volcano Ninja

Let's see, I nominate... The Magikarp salesman from R/B/G/Y/FR/LG

3. Jonah

Jonah herd u liek mudkips?

Oooh...nominnation.

Brendan. Diaruga. Mew.

Oooh...nomnination.

4. ^I will take the first, as, if you read completely, single-nominations...

Nominations:
    The Magikarp salesman from R/B/G/Y/FR/LG
    Brendan
    Exp. All

I nominate Experience All...

5. Pure

Pure back.

ANYONE?!

I nominate Swimmer Samir from the Water Path in FRLG... :p

If not, i'll go with Zam.

6. Nominations:
    Brendan
    Exp. All
    Swimmer Samir

I did say anything...

7. Jonah

Damnit, I completely missed "One per post".

New post, new nomination. Diaruga.

8. Pure

Pure back.

Your arrogance blinds you, Master Myst, now you will experience the full power of the dark side *shoots force lightning*

As well, i'd like to nominate Zam.

9. Nominations:
    Brendan
    Exp. All
    Swimmer Samir
    Diaruga
    Alakazam

Please now, Samir+Jonah, let some others nomiante, that is why I also said to let others nominate (I think I did, at least...)

10. Jonah

Oh come on! Can I just nominate Mew, then never show my face in here again? (At least until the voting starts)

11. Nominations:
    Brendan
    Exp. All
    Swimmer Samir
    Diaruga
    Alakazam
    Mew

*sighs* Fine...

12. Volteon

Volteon Back I guess??

ANYTHING!?
    Sounds interesting. a battle between Mew and EXP share xD

Humm... I nominate... no, for everyone´s surprize, it won´t be Jolteon, as I know it has almost no chance to win this (T_T) also it´d be very uncreative for my part, as I always nominate he or an electric when I can ^^

So it´ll be Lunatone! I hope it goes well =D

13. Nominations:
    Brendan
    Exp. All
    Swimmer Samir
    Diaruga
    Alakazam
    Mew
    Lunatone

Keep nominatin'...

14. YellowHat

YellowHat The Anticool

I nominate the 76th platform on the story mode Mt. Battle from Poke'Mon: Coloseum.

15. Kikas123

Kikas123 What 'bout My Star?

Okay, the unveiling of my ONE NOMINATION TO RULE THEM ALL!
    I nominate Charizard.

16. Vent's Theme

Vent's Theme Pretty Dolls

Green, Red's male rival from Pokemon Special.

17. Nominations:
    Brendan
    Exp. All
    Swimmer Samir
    Diaruga
    Alakazam
    Mew
    Lunatone
    76th platform on the story mode Mt. Battle
    Charizard
    Green

Few more...

18. ~Shadow Espeon~

~Shadow Espeon~ I did it!!

Miror B. from the gamecube games...

He is the awesommness with the fro...

19. Nominations:
    Brendan
    Exp. All
    Swimmer Samir
    Diaruga
    Alakazam
    Mew
    Lunatone
    76th platform on the story mode Mt. Battle
    Charizard
    Green
    Miror B.

That makes twelve, let us go to fifteen...

20. I will nominate Elekible!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.