• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Experiment-The Face-off of Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Experiment!

A Wise One said:
Now, what are face-offs exactly? They're not really supposed to be anything other than what the culture that actively participates in face-offs decides them to be.

Today (11/05/2006), WDt started a new round in the Item Evolution Face-off. Now, that is obviously nothing new in our face-off world, yet there was something soemwhat special about it. He set it up in triple hurt/heal format. Now, that is somewhat strange. Why? Since a bit after I joined and "revolutionized" the face-offs, only few face-offs have as of now used the triple hurt/heal format, as it is horrid for the tallyists and a bit extra to type. Well, I guess I can safely say I created the current hurt/heal face-off world. You know what? Single hurt/healing is not the end, it made for a good transition between triple hurt/healing to whatever lies in the future. Now, there are two types of future face-offs I see. One, created by Dark Halcyon Lugia, that "attack style" as I would call it, where we get MP for use with attacks+heals. The other? Few of you may remember a somewhat long time ago when the Dark Face-off made histroy with its fifth face-off, one I dubbed "The Experiment". Now, instead of giving you page-length, dry rules, I will directly copy the original rules, written for the Dark Face-off back on the 21 of June.

Myself said:
Face-off Five-The Experiment

Rules, etc.:
-all dark pkmn, including Weavile, are in this face-off
-this is basically hurt/heal
-going off of the common 30, (90 for triple heals) this face-off shall start with 150/pkmn
-you may post as frequently as possible as long as there is a post between you and your previous post
-there are now more possibilities for hurt/healing (read below)
-the tally rule is in effect, ask someone or read back if you need to know what it is—it is imperative that at least one tally is per page, because this face-off, as I am going to assume, will be chaos to tally, tallyists, count every post in here, unless I say otherwise (like a double post)
-as already stated, double-posting is completely prohibited
-as always, have fun

Explanation of Hurt/Healing:
This round is special in that, the basic hurt/heal method is quadruple hurt/healing. Well, that, in total, is ten points. In this round, you, during each post, have ten points to use to your bidding. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you use all of them! Please keep at least one (decimals are not welcome here-maybe someday). You could x10 heal some pkmn without any hurts during that post. You could spread them out, such as hurt ten different pkmn with one point each. Here are a few examples:
x9 Heal Shiftry
Heal Murkrow

Heal Murkrow
x8 Heal Sableye
Hurt Sneasel

x10 Hurt Carvanha
(^who would do such a thing?)

I would like, for the sake of whoever is the current tallyist at a given time, for you to, almost as if you were alphabetizing, put all hurts at the top of your post and all heals at the bottom, so this is an illegal post:
x2 Heal Absol
x7 Hurt Crawdaunt
Heal Tyranitar

Tallyists, still count such posts, but make sure the member is aware that they did that.

If I need to explain anything further, or if I was not clear enough, just holler.

General rules in this face-off are identical to that of the Dark Face-off Version 3. I see little reason in keeping many different lists of rules that get updated frequently, when I can have one that gets used at multiple places.

After the time IMS called my face-offs arbitrary, I have mainly been doing them nomination-based. Each face-off will be a different "umbrella" of things in the pkmn world that will serve as the category for nomination, then, we face them off in the The Experiment style, whether it be Minor Johto Anime Characters or Pokémon that can learn Electrolevitate.

Face-off 1-General Pokémon
Let us keep this simple to begin with, shall we? Nomiante once per post anything in the pkmn world, from Zapdos to Ken Sugimori. Easy, yes? I do not really care how frequently you nominate, as long as you give others a chance. For now, let us go to about twelve, this is subject to change as the page goes down.

Nominate away!

UPDATE-tallyists, make sure you check all posts you count for whether or not they add up to ten, and, if not, disregard them, but make sure to say at the end tally if you disregarded and, and perhaps who it was, as well
UPDATE2-Shining Alakazam is now Charter Member. This is just a fancy name for co-owner pro temp. He can do all that he nees to--start and stop FOs. He may NOT issue FO bans, unless it is so necessary. As well, I hope for my new keyboard to be ridden from my computer soon, but in which case it does not, this could result in permanent co-owner. If it does lav me, then things COULD return to the status quo.

Jonah said:
I had a wonderful city on SimCity2000, called Experimental, and I worked on it for a year or two. Then a kid in my class learned the hard way that if you name a document the same name as one already existing, the original will be deleted. Lately, we've both been playing SimTown. He suggested we each build towns, and face them off when they're done, to see who's the better builder. So I said, "Do you think I should make a memorial for that City you deleted, Experimental?" And he said "Sure!" And I said, "Cool, we'll face these off, and I'll win! What'll I call it?" And he said, "Experimental something. Y'know, since we're facing these off..." And I started ROFLMAOing and he said "What?" And so started the Grand Sim Town of The Experimental Face-Off.

Last edited:

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Oooh...nominnation.

Brendan. Diaruga. Mew.

Oooh...nomnination.

^I will take the first, as, if you read completely, single-nominations...

Nominations:
The Magikarp salesman from R/B/G/Y/FR/LG
Brendan
Exp. All

I nominate Experience All...

Pure

back.
ANYONE?!

I nominate Swimmer Samir from the Water Path in FRLG... :p

If not, i'll go with Zam.

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Damnit, I completely missed "One per post".

New post, new nomination. Diaruga.

Pure

back.
Well, I guess I can safely say I created the current hurt/heal face-off world.

Your arrogance blinds you, Master Myst, now you will experience the full power of the dark side *shoots force lightning*

As well, i'd like to nominate Zam.

Nominations:
Brendan
Exp. All
Swimmer Samir
Diaruga
Alakazam

Please now, Samir+Jonah, let some others nomiante, that is why I also said to let others nominate (I think I did, at least...)

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Oh come on! Can I just nominate Mew, then never show my face in here again? (At least until the voting starts)

Volteon

Back I guess??
ANYTHING!?
Sounds interesting. a battle between Mew and EXP share xD

Humm... I nominate... no, for everyone´s surprize, it won´t be Jolteon, as I know it has almost no chance to win this (T_T) also it´d be very uncreative for my part, as I always nominate he or an electric when I can ^^

So it´ll be Lunatone! I hope it goes well =D

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Okay, the unveiling of my ONE NOMINATION TO RULE THEM ALL!
I nominate Charizard.

Nominations:
Brendan
Exp. All
Swimmer Samir
Diaruga
Alakazam
Mew
Lunatone
76th platform on the story mode Mt. Battle
Charizard
Green

Few more...

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
Miror B. from the gamecube games...

He is the awesommness with the fro...

Nominations:
Brendan
Exp. All
Swimmer Samir
Diaruga
Alakazam
Mew
Lunatone
76th platform on the story mode Mt. Battle
Charizard
Green
Miror B.

That makes twelve, let us go to fifteen...

Status
Not open for further replies.