• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Experiment-Trial Number Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

Yes, forum 117, this was bound to happen eventually. With the recent low amount of what I would deem 'interesting' FOs, I figured it was time to start anew...but old. So is that starting anold? Anoles are kinds of lizards. So think of this FO as a reptile...scaley, cold, and serpentine. Yessssss...
...whatever. Karma hits. It's back.

Myself said:
Face-off Five-The Experiment

Rules, etc.:
-all dark pkmn, including Weavile, are in this face-off
-this is basically hurt/heal
-going off of the common 30, (90 for triple heals) this face-off shall start with 150/pkmn
-you may post as frequently as possible as long as there is a post between you and your previous post
-there are now more possibilities for hurt/healing (read below)
-the tally rule is in effect, ask someone or read back if you need to know what it is—it is imperative that at least one tally is per page, because this face-off, as I am going to assume, will be chaos to tally, tallyists, count every post in here, unless I say otherwise (like a double post)
-as already stated, double-posting is completely prohibited
-as always, have fun

Explanation of Hurt/Healing:
This round is special in that, the basic hurt/heal method is quadruple hurt/healing. Well, that, in total, is ten points. In this round, you, during each post, have ten points to use to your bidding. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you use all of them! Please keep at least one (decimals are not welcome here-maybe someday). You could x10 heal some pkmn without any hurts during that post. You could spread them out, such as hurt ten different pkmn with one point each. Here are a few examples:
x9 Heal Shiftry
Heal Murkrow

Heal Murkrow
x8 Heal Sableye
Hurt Sneasel

x10 Hurt Carvanha
(^who would do such a thing?)

I would like, for the sake of whoever is the current tallyist at a given time, for you to, almost as if you were alphabetizing, put all hurts at the top of your post and all heals at the bottom, so this is an illegal post:
x2 Heal Absol
x7 Hurt Crawdaunt
Heal Tyranitar

Tallyists, still count such posts, but make sure the member is aware that they did that.

If I need to explain anything further, or if I was not clear enough, just holler.

That was then. Well, now is now. Thus, I'm not throwing the same thing at you. There are a few global rule addendums since then that you must be aware of lest the tallyist avoid your votes:
  • Tallyists MUST count every vote and make sure it adds up to ten (or the necessary amount).
  • There is no such thing as an eliminated contender. Here's the deal. Y' know how lack of a tally could result in massive overkill? That is the case no longer, for we will go into negatives. Theoretically, you could hurt a contender forever and it never lose...here's how it works. For there to be a single, winning contender, all of the other eleven MUST be at or below zero points. Thus, eleven contenders get eliminated at the same time one of them wins (assuming it is a standard 12-contender FO). So every last drop of points matters here.
  • Relaying is the name of the game here. Relaying is, for a refresher, leapfrogging with the SAME person. When you relay, you gain x points. Let's say that, for a given round, the relay value is three. Constant relaying, then, staircases the point values of the votes from 10, to 13, to 16, to 19, and so forth. If someone breaks the chain, then the points are back to ten (starting with his or her vote). So, if only two people are voting for an hour, they can really get something done unless they are voting against each other =P...

Face-off One-Anything
You probably know the drill...nominate anything this forum would deem allowable (nothing breakfast-related) to twelve, and we begin. M-nominate to your own discretion...

The Sharing and Caring rule I s'pose I just assumed would go into effect if I didn't say anything :/...basically, everyone is a tallyist, everyone (if you wanna be)...

Well you didn't say, and I'm not that smart =O

I nominate Ice Rock, and it's probably my last nomination for this round.

king of blue

That's me!
I nominate the Poke dollar.

king of blue

That's me!
Cerulean City

king of blue

That's me!
healing machine

Lansat Berry

Nominations:
Cerulean City
Cherish Ball
Healing Machine
Ice Rock
Itemfinder
Lansat Berry
Link Cable
May
Pokédollar
Silver Wind

EDIT: 2 more!

king of blue

That's me!
Picknicker Liz

Is that the person who is on the route after Violet?

Nominations:
Cerulean City
Cherish Ball
Healing Machine
Ice Rock
Itemfinder
Lansat Berry
Link Cable
May
Picknicker Liz
Pokédollar
Silver Wind