• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Extracurricular Lesson is on Mareanie?! (955)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Also, are we to just assume Lana always wears that swimsuit?

Not like I'm opposed to seeing her training whenever she can. Found it interesting though.

I always feel disappointed if Ash loses and against TR, it's completely unexpected.

Yeah, but an XY director said that the age of predictability is over...or at least I think it was him. Not sure, don't quote me word for word.

Maybe TR ending up being Ash's rival lol

Janovy

Banned

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
She actually does. It's in her official game concept art as well.

I'm ashamed to admit I never noticed this. Probably because I blitzed her part of the game :/

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Also, are we to just assume Lana always wears that swimsuit?

Not like I'm opposed to seeing her training whenever she can. Found it interesting though.

Yeah, but an XY director said that the age of predictability is over...or at least I think it was him. Not sure, don't quote me word for word.

Maybe TR ending up being Ash's rival lol

Ok, now I'm feeling that TR just got lucky. If Ash used a Z-move, TR would've been absolutely stomped.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I like this TR a tad more than BW S1 but that's just me, certainly better than being a minor setback/small puddle to cross

Ok, now I'm feeling that TR just got lucky. If Ash used a Z-move, TR would've been absolutely stomped.

More like Ash got lucky, had Bewear Ex Machina not saved his butt

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
From what I can tell, Ash's team gets a reality check. Keep in mind that Rowlet was at a type disadvantage against Mareanie, and Mimikyu always gets stronger when fighting Pikachu, so their defeat doesn't go unwarranted. It sounds like most of this episode centered around Team Rocket getting their chance to shine for once before being taken away by Bewear.

Again, while I dislike Ash losing to Team Rocket, I legitimately like the idea of a more competent, rag-tag group that he'll be facing every now and then. It means as he beats them, he'll get more experience along with his Pokémon.

I'm not judging this episode solely on Ash losing. That'd be unfair to the rest of the episode where Team Rocket was trying and failing to catch their next Pokémon. No rating yet, but it looks as if it'll be an 8/10. It sounds like people enjoyed this episode.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Not really sure if I'm jumping the gun but this group of Pokemon for TR has been the best they had BY FAR for me

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Not really sure if I'm jumping the gun but this group of Pokemon for TR has been the best they had BY FAR for me

I'm inclined to agree...so far. Mareanie's fun to watch and Mimikyu makes TR a threat (and Bewear is just Bewear).

I kind of hope they get one more Pokemon but I'd be content with these two/three.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I like this TR a tad more than BW S1 but that's just me, certainly better than being a minor setback/small puddle to cross

More like Ash got lucky, had Bewear Ex Machina not saved his butt

Both got lucky in that sense. If Ash used a Z-move, TR would have been easily defeated, while if Bewear didn't come, well Ash would've been in real trouble.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
You out of all people really shouldn't be saying that because it's not too long ago you were trolling others with your joke posts in the anime polls section.

Both got lucky in that sense. If Ash used a Z-move, TR would have been easily defeated, while if Bewear didn't come, well Ash would've been in real trouble.
Ash didnt even proc Mimikyu's disguise, did he? In that case, A Z-move would have been a whole lotta nothing.

Ash conclusively lost: Deal with it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Oooh good point phanpycross, now I want to see Ash's reaction to it's neck breaking

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash didnt even proc Mimikyu's disguise, did he? In that case, A Z-move would have been a whole lotta nothing.

Ash conclusively lost: Deal with it.

Mimikyu's Disguise ability wouldn't have done anything because it was probably hit by a move earlier. Pikachu's Z-move defeated a bunch of Team Skull grunts in the blink of an eye. TR wouldn't have stood a chance if Ash used a Z-move.

phanpycross

God-king
Mimikyu's Disguise ability wouldn't have done anything because it was probably hit by a move earlier. Pikachu's Z-move defeated a bunch of Team Skull grunts in the blink of an eye. TR wouldn't have stood a chance if Ash used a Z-move.
No, disguise didnt break, Z-move wouldnt have changed anything.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No, disguise didnt break, Z-move wouldnt have changed anything.

Even then it wouldn't have been anything different. Ash has two Z-moves in his kitty, and even if Mimikyu's Disguise ability activated, Mareaine would've been defeated for sure- Z-move(Gigavolt Havoc) covers a lot of space.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Disguise is the equivalent of Tapu Koko withdrawing against Gigavolt Havoc (and more against Breakneck Blitz)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Disguise is the equivalent of Tapu Koko withdrawing against Gigavolt Havoc (and more against Breakneck Blitz)

Do I need to repeat myself? Ash has two Z-moves in his kitty. And Mareaine would've been defeated for sure as Gigavolt Havoc covers a lot of space.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Do I need to repeat myself? Ash has two Z-moves in his kitty. And Mareaine would've been defeated for sure as Gigavolt Havoc covers a lot of space.

We are talking about ****ING MIMIKYU.

One get's blocked by Disguise, the other get's blocked by it's typing

phanpycross

God-king
No, you need to stop replying for the sake of it. BNB has no effect on Mimikyu, and VGH wouldnt have done jack since disguise was up.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
TR won!

Mimikyu's not a shitmon yet? Eh....well that's shocking, then again it's not like Mimikyu has even fainted yet.

Last edited: