• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Extracurricular Lesson is on Mareanie?! (955)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
We are talking about ****ING MIMIKYU.

One get's blocked by Disguise, the other get's blocked by it's typing

Ash could've used a move to break Mimikyu's Disguise earlier in that case, that's what I'd say.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Clearly he couldnt since he lost to Mimikyu this episode withput being able to break it.

All right, I'd say that Jessie's Mimikyu doesn't have Disguise. It was hit by Pikachu's Thunderbolt and Rowlet's Leafage in SM004. If Mimikyu had Disguise, that wouldn't have happened.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Considering Disguise is Mimikyu's only ability, that's laughable

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
To be fair, Ash didn't really lose, but was on the verge of defeat after Mimikyu and Mareanie destroyed Pikachu and Rowlet to the point of them being down. By the way, I'm still curious as to what that last move Mimikyu was going to use. The one where his wooden tail's cloaked in a dark aura.

But on the subject of Ash using a Z-Move for this fight, that would've been seen as overkill and everyone would've hated it. At least we got something unexpected, yet plausible since Ash is still a new trainer to the region with only two Pokémon.

I don't want to start an argument because it's pointless. There's no real reason for us to say this was a good or bad episode based on Ash losing to Team Rocket or the beach stuff. Speaking of which, Lana and the girls were especially adorable here.

Definite 8/10 after watching. Really good episode for Team Rocket.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
All right, I'd say that Jessie's Mimikyu doesn't have Disguise. It was hit by Pikachu's Thunderbolt and Rowlet's Leafage in SM004. If Mimikyu had Disguise, that wouldn't have happened.
You're reaching, we clearly saw Diguise get busted by Iron Tail and Mimikyu take zero damage.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Two pages in lol

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Mareanie is totally giving off 'notice me senpai' vibes

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You're reaching, we clearly saw Diguise get busted by Iron Tail and Mimikyu take zero damage.

Bulbapedia says that Jessie's Mimikyu's ability is unknown. And in SM004, it wasn't hit by any move before and was still hit by Rowlet's Leafage.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Bulbapedia says that Jessie's Mimikyu's ability is unknown.

This happened twice and the characters remarked how shocking it was, I'm guessing eventually they'll research Disguise more for a future "final fight" and discover this is the reason why and trash both Rocket Pokemon and Kiteruguma as well. It was never stated but it's clearly Disguise which nullifies first attacks. That or they just chose not to spoon feed it to us.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This happened twice and the characters remarked how shocking it was, I'm guessing eventually they'll research Disguise more for a future "final fight" and discover this is the reason why and trash both Rocket Pokemon and Kiteruguma as well. It was never stated but it's clearly Disguise which nullifies first attacks. That or they just chose not to spoon feed it to us.

I edited my last post. In SM004 Mimikyu wasn't hit by any move before but still was hit by Rowlet's Leafage.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Best. Episode. Ever! 9000/10
Team Rocket is at their best, OP Pokemon, AND they have personality unlike BW. Bewear is great too. Team Rocket fans rejoiced this day. I am glad I stayed up for this, now time to sleep and wait for the subs

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, Mimikyu even was hit by Rowlet's Leafage in this episode. Even if Mimikyu still has Disguise, then it would have been broken by then. So a Z-move(Gigavolt Havoc) would have sealed the deal anyway.

Anyway, Mareaine played a bigger part in TR's win over Ash than Mimikyu.

phanpycross

God-king
Well, Mimikyu even was hit by Rowlet's Leafage in this episode. Even if Mimikyu still has Disguise, then it would have been broken by then. So a Z-move(Gigavolt Havoc) would have sealed the deal anyway.

Anyway, Mareaine played a bigger part in TR's win over Ash than Mimikyu.

Leafage didnt hit tho, it dodged, but the animation was weird. So Z-move still wouldnt have done jack.

Checkmate.

valvenya

Hmm. That could be funny. Ash uses Z-Move versus Mimikyu and it does nothing because of Disguise.

Than TR takes all from him and the show ends.
A new show starts with TR as protagonists.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Leafage didnt hit tho, it dodged, but the animation was weird. So Z-move still wouldnt have done jack.

Checkmate.

Leafage did hit. Leafage does hit in the same manner, as it did in SM004. But I guess it's better if we agree to disagree here.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Writers going all in with TRio. Goddamn Mimikyu is a freaking monster. Ash got a reality check here and good to see TRio aren't treated like scrubs here either.
I REALLY like the variety of personalities in their team too (extends towards the other main cast too). We have Meowth who is a constant, Mimikyu's murderous rage towards the Pikachu species in general and just being damn scary AF, Mareine being all "notice me senpai" towards James, Wobufett being his usual goofy self, and Bewear being the unwitting team mom.

Last edited: