• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Face of UU

windsong

WEST SIDE
OK, I haven't posted many threads here in almost all the time I've been at Serebii, but one topic finally occurred to me and I wanted to know what people thought of it -- what do people think about UU right now? What have people found to be really good at this time, what do people consider broken, etc, etc?

Post your thoughts, guys!

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
I love UU a lot. there are so many under rated pokes in the tier. Togekiss is evil with paraflinch, milotic is a personal favorite cause it's cool, and life orb nidoking with sheer force is baws. There are a lot of things that I wish were OU, but aren't.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
For me, UU has been good so far. There are many good offensive and defensive pokemon there like Sheer Force Nidoking, Choice Band Escavalier, Arcanine, Choice Band Azumarill Togekiss, Defensive Zapdos, Milotic, Donphan etc. The only pokemon I would consider broken that's not already banned is Kingdra. It can set up rain dance on its own or by a teammate to activate Swift Swim and then proceed to hit the opponent with either STAB Draco Meteor or STAB Hydro Pump/Surf under the rain or use a Resto-Chesto set with Rest, DD, Waterfall, and Outrage.

Ruby Blue

I'm really loving UU so far, Chansey is annoying, but still manageable.

Personally, my favorite things to use are Mismagius and Froslass.
Mismagius is easy to set up with and can sweep from there on, it also sets up in Chansey's face.

Froslass can be really useful with a bit of bulk added, it's my favorite spiker in the current UU.
It's really annoying to face in Hail tho :/

Psycho Cut

I'm liking UU at the moment too. My personal favourite is Choice Band Sand Rush Stoutland in the Sand, it's amazing :D

Other good pokemon I find are: Ambipom, Togekiss, Sigilyph and Nidoking

Regarde

Banned
bad metagame .01/10. chansey is beyond broken, mew is beyond broken, froslass is beyond broken though maybe hail should be the real culprit here. anyway, terrible metagame.

to actually add some discussion. there's so many viable spikers that you can count on just about every serious team running them. it helps deal with chansey who's incredibly weak to entry hazards thanks to no leftovers, and spikes are just good in general. it's not that hard to spin block even with two viable foresight spinners in hitmontop and blastoise, as neither like taking a burn from mismagius or dealing with rotom.

cool mon to use is eviolite shelgon. it plays like fatmence in ou except without dragon tail and roost. instead it has to run protect and roar. dragon claw / roar / wish protect is surprisingly useful. it basically hard counters victini and arcanine provided arcanine isn't bulky with wow/toxic. it stops a ton of physical threats such as sd sceptile who's actually incredibly hard to deal with. with eviolite and like 120 sdef EVs it actually takes on special attacks fairly well. random scalds and **** don't do much at all. it takes on the electric types like raikou and zapdos well even if they have hp ice, which most actually don't as it's inferior to grass.

overall though, shitty meta

I've been liking the UU metagame this round, which is suprising considering I've never been much of a stall person, but its been fun to play. I find Haze Milotic to be an incredible pokemon overall as it checks DD Kingdra very well, as well as a lot of other boosters, including BU Gallade which has been used recently to break through other stall teams. It also ruins Venomoth and Gorebyss attempts at Baton Passing.

Chansey is another obvious choice. It is nearly impossible to OHKO, let alone 2HKO. It turns most special attackers including SF Nidoking into complete jokes. It can support its team easily with Wish support or Aromatherapy support, while spreading status at the same time. Aside from being unable to take certain physical attacks and the lack of resistances, there isn't much reason not to use Chansey.

Roserade has also proven to be a very reliable Spiker, due to its Speed, special bulk, and it can use Giga Drain, Leech Seed, or Rest + Natural Cure to stick around longer than other Spikers like Qwilfish and Froslass. So far my team has had problems with Roserade more than anything else, but i've still been able to deal with it.

If anything is broken, I'd say it would be Chansey. It simply walls too much of the metagame, and few things can safely switch in without getting crippled by Toxic or T-Wave.

Ruby Blue

bad metagame .01/10. chansey is beyond broken

I kind of want to agree with the Chansey part. Just, part of me wishes that Chansey would be banned purely so special attackers not named Mismagius would be viable. It's not broken though, imo.

Chansey is everywhere. 0.o

I honestly don't play much UU, but it's alright from my own experience. There definitely are some Pokemon that stand out to me (besides Chansey, lol). Staraptor is ridiculous, especially since there's no Skarmory in UU. For some odd reason, Zapdos is UU, so he's really fun to abuse. Not broken, but good. Arcanine is one of my favorites. I'm not a big fan of the bulky sets, but the offensive set is pretty fantastic. Sheer Force Nidoking turned out to be as good as I heard he was. Earth Power/Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt is still my favorite set. Too bad Rotom-H makes him want to go die in a hole.

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Froslass is very good, but I refuse to use it subconsiously. :l

CB Escavalier has 6-0 for me twice. He's a real monster if teams come unprepared for him.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Escavalier and Flygon are great in UU, they're both powerful physical attackers with good defensive typing. Only problem with excavalier is it's rather poor movepool...

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Escavalier, Zapdos, Shaymin, NOT CELEBI, Mew, AND -F.ckwhatchuheard- CROOCUUNNEEE!!!

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
CroCune is by no means terrible in UU, but come on dude, Milotic is a much better candidate as a bulky water for "Face of UU".

Yes, Milotic is amazing as it cannot take physical hits for sh*t without a status.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Milotic, Chansey, Zapdos, Arcanine, Staraptor, are all great Pokemon to abuse in UU. Chansey is really the only thing to be put in OU. It's just too good for UU stuff. It works and can last in OU as well.

windsong

WEST SIDE
...Which is why it's a great SleepTalker.

On a related note, Rest/Sleep Talk/Scald/Dragon Tail Milotic is pretty boss.

Urk, no, don't run RestTalk this gen. I mean, it's sort of viable if you have something with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy, but in general resttalk is really bad this gen

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
What's wrong with resttalk this gen??? I don't understand. It works fine.

When you switch out while asleep the sleep turn counters reset.

So if you Rest and are "fast asleep" for two turns then switch out, then switch back in instead of waking up you have to be asleep for two more turns. During this time your counters can switch in for free (sorta) and force you out again and again until you die.

Chesto Rest is actually a lot better this gen which is.. sad.