• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fan Fiction Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaphyman

Up all night
How do you get motivated to write?

I listen to a good song too, but I also watch a good movie, or read another's fanfic. Any combonation of those gets me motivated.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod

Motivation ain't easy for me - usually when I'm in a good mood and have spare time on the computer (not too often... partically with homework and all that) is the motivation I need. Reading reader's comments on my story is also good motivation :)

Well I want to write my fic and I do get in the mood to do so through my procrastination but most of those times I don't know how to start the chapters. I get motivated by finally figuring out a starting point I like.

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.

A bout of conception and creation of a plot of mine is usually brought about at random, unpredictable moments of enlightenment which allow me to develop great loads of plot at a time before suddenly fading. Such bouts are common enough that I don't usually require any extra motivation to develop the fiction speedily, in sufficient quantities.

Writing, however, is another matter. I am never so much motivated to write as forced by the accumulation of guilt for neglecting my fiction to scrape out the next part of my chapter, and that too scarcely. The only way this assembly works is because "scraping out the next part of my chapter" tends to have a different definition for me than one would expect.

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!

A bout of conception and creation of a plot of mine is usually brought about at random, unpredictable moments of enlightenment which allow me to develop great loads of plot at a time before suddenly fading. Such bouts are common enough that I don't usually require any extra motivation to develop the fiction speedily, in sufficient quantities.

Writing, however, is another matter. I am never so much motivated to write as forced by the accumulation of guilt for neglecting my fiction to scrape out the next part of my chapter, and that too scarcely. The only way this assembly works is because "scraping out the next part of my chapter" tends to have a different definition for me than one would expect.
I agree wholeheartedly with you for the first half, lol. There are times when an idea or a plot element occurs to me and it's just bursting to get out. At times like that, I will often write in short-lived bursts of creative enthusiasm, until the procrastination and ADD wins out, lol. I can't ever focus on one thing for very long. I'm going to try the NaNoWriMo, and it'll be a very strenuous exercise for me. :)

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
How many of you are writers and ardent fans of Pokèmon?

sorry but what does "ardent" mean?

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
It means that dictionary.com is your friend.

"Passionate, devoted, enthusiastic" in the sense that it was being used.

Depends, really. I try to write some every day, so it's just sort of a schedule thing--I do such and such, and then I write a page. Outside of that, if I'm really feeling inspired, I may go ahead and write something additional. I don't really "get motivated"; I just do it.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH

Contests! XD

(Gets smacked with a fan)

Nah, not really. What really motivates me to write is bascially the story in my head, whether it be an idea, characters, or themes. My mind will go crazy if I don't write it! XD

Now, to have time to write (dang college). >.>

DarkPersian479

Basically, the need to get my story told, and my drive to put a full-length OT Journey Fic in the "Completed Fics" section. Then the rewrite can begin.

Listening to the right music can also help me write, as can picking up Pearl and just playing the game a bit.

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
A somewhat specific subject, but oh, well,

What is the postion of legendaries in your fictions? Are they gods or simply rare species of Pokèmon, or something in between?
I am quite too smitten by the idea of immortality to give my legendaries anything below the level of advanced demigod. They have all the usual properties of immortals (infinite/near-infinite strength and/or wisdom, often the embodiment of concepts or elements) and are usually enmeshed in their own affairs, coming only once in a while down from some undefined hall of gods to right those mortal wrongs which go out of the control of usual... controlling mechanisms. They are not fully immortal, having their own flaws, and some of the lesser legendaries are also failing in omnipotence.

Manaphyman

Up all night

Well, obviously I'm a writer of it....

As for ardent fan, I would have to say fairly so yes. My whole life is not devoted to it, but I like it alot....

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
i am a huge fan of cartoons, so i watch cartoons and meld them together

thanks Negrek!

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
What is the postion of legendaries in your fictions? Are they gods or simply rare species of Pokèmon, or something in between?

Well, I quite used them differently in two different fics.

In "Pure Distance", the legendaries are just are species of Pokemon and seeing them is a real treat.

In "Nothing, Everything", however...

They are gods somewhat because of the people believing them making the world and creating the Pokemon. However, it is not the usual Ho-Oh is heaven, Lugia is hell kind of stories. The people will actually think differently of which Pokemon does this, depending on the region they live in.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni

Just by listening to music, readng comics and talking out ideas with my creative consultant who like me is an avid comic fan and has given me many ideas. I talk to some other people too and they help me brainstorm. Listening to music also helps.

LX

Last edited:

duncan

Well, no Pokemon is immortal in my fics, but Legendaries (and I use the term loosely) are, advanced, ancient Pokemon that were usually (because the back story changes with different fics) created by Arceus and told to do this, etc. But they can die (except for maybe Arceus, I dunno) and if they do, then things get screwed up, seeing as each controls a specific element (e.g., Kyogre=Rain, Groudon=Sun, etc.).

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!

Nonexistent. :p I can honestly say that I never remember writing a legendary into any of my fics. All of them involve rarely used 'mon for the most part, although there are opposing trainers who use more commonly seen pokemon too. One of these days I should tackle a legendary fic... but not today. :)

HommeDor

L'Hiver Est Arrivé
i never use legendaries in my stories...

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
For me, legendaries are guardians--not to be caught. They usually have an item or advice for my heroes, for a price. (eg. a battle or a sidequest, usually the latter) Sometimes, they will guide my heroes (Example: Articuno leading my heroes through a blizzard)

However, thanks to RaikouRider, I've also begun to explore the possibilities of specially trained adventurers owning a Legendary--they don't just toss a ball and call it good; they have to earn the Legend's trust.

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Hey i'd like to join this. I've written one pokemon fan fic, and I've been trying to come up with a sequal too but the ideas just don't seem as good once they're typed up. I'm also trying to write a Neon Genesis Evangelion fic, and all mine are on FanFiction.net. I might have posted the pokemon one here though.
How do you plan out your fics/fic ideas?
Ussualy I start with the setting, then the main overview of the plot.

What is your favorite genre of pokémon fan fiction and why?
Romance, because I get enough of the other stuff from the show.

What's your length of fics/chapters?
Atleast 1000 words per chapter, though they've started to get to 2000 in my newest one.

Me, though not as much as I used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.