• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fan Fiction Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
:) Can I join?

I write fanfics on Deviantart.
I tried Serebii's section,but I have no idea how to follow the rules of fanfiction on Pokemon forums.
And I have no idea how to post ff's onto FF.net..I'm more of a book writer anyway,I want to publish a book but I haven't gone around to beginning to write it

...Soooo...Can I join?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Can I join?

I tried Serebii's section,but I have no idea how to follow the rules of fanfiction on Pokemon forums.

And I have no idea how to post ff's onto FF.net..I'm more of a book writer anyway,I want to publish a book but I haven't gone around to beginning to write it

...Soooo...Can I join?

Yes, you can join. :)

But for those things you said... well, firstly, there's the fanfic section here (make a new thread there, and include the first chapter in the first post, give it a title, and hit 'submit new thread'). It's the place to post your fanfic works (pokemon only - non-poke storys go in the 'Non-Pokemon fics' subsection there).

And the fanfic rules thread is here. All rules regarding posting to the story itself is there, so it should be easy to follow after a read. I'd definately advise reading the rules first before posting, mind.

As for ffnet... well, I go there occassionally - first, make sure you have a saved document (Word, Open Office, etc) of the chapter/one-shot you want to submit in your files. Log in, go to 'Publish' and from there 'Document Upload'. Upload the new document from your files containing the chapter or what-not.

Then go to 'New Story' (you may have to accept guidelines before continuing), and just follow the prompts (which involve seleting the Category and genres, giving it a title, and then selecting the uploaded document).

To add a new chapter to an existing story, instead go to 'My stories', select 'edit', 'Content/Chapters', and add a chapter by giving a chapter title and selected a previously uploaded document.

Hope that helps...

Oktober

Closet Reader
What's with this sudden surge in sugar abuse? Seems like everyone's hooked on the stuff. (innocent whistle)
Aura Master said:
ive been thinking about hoenn.... i might try it

I wanted to start today since today is my only time of free time (gotta go to school tomorrow)
Hoenn's cool, foah shoah, but it lacks evil. Team Rocket, Cipher, these are two teams of powah. Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Galactic lack a certain evil touch that TR and Cipher just ooze. XD Blaziken, Swampert and Sceptile are pretty cool starts, to boot. XD
bobandbill said:
I agree - oktober is clearly drunk. O_O The slurred denials are a giveaway. :p
Drunk? No. High? Yes.

Mountain Dew ftw. XD
bobandbill said:
Anyways, there are way more people in the club (see first post), but the club had also died after a while. Only now it's come back to life. More might start coming back soon. We'll see though.
Threadrezz for the world. XD
bobandbill said:
Out of the four regions provided (the big four) for trainer fics... Johto interests me the most, mostly due to my love for the GSC games, and also they seemed a tad more interesting to me than the others as well. But any region can be carried well in fics, I've found.
Agreed; HLBMA by Breezy is a good Hoenn example, Legendarian Chronicles by Chibi Pika is a good one for Kanto (and I think it's developing into Johto, too), umm... Orre has been done a little, Sinnoh's being swamped and the Sevii Islands are also written about by a few people and one lousy author in particular. >.> <.< ^^' Johto... Shattered Pieces by Divinity_123 is a good one for that region. It all depends on how well you write it.
Kindrindra said:
I'm back... chapter five is up, but that's not why I'm here, is it?

Anyway, I haven't yet experienced the thrill of writing a journey fic, since I'm in the middle of a Mystery Dungeon fic... BUT I have thought up many a ideas... Ya, I lean mostly towards the anime style, but the pokemon aren't gonna stand around and wait for instructions when an oportunity presents itself, right? (Unless they where Super loyal... Which would be an interesting personality for a pokemon... or human XD)

Though... Speaking of turn based, I always thought it would be intresting if some special trainer or pokemon chalanged the main character to a battle of endurance, where both pokemon had to stand in place, not dodging any attacks, simply blasting off their most powerfull attacks... would be intresting, right?

See Ya Later!
Oooh, I like that thought. Although that sounds like something more suited to, say, Steven Stone's team (steel-types, most of them) or Agatha (ghost phasing skilz) than many. XD

It'd be funny to see that with Agatha, actually.

Turn 1: HYPER BEAM! (phases right through gengar) WHAT?! AAAAH!
Turn 2: EARTHQUAKE! (gengar watches it pass by beneath him) NOOOOOO!
Turn 3: HA! HYDRO PUMP! (phases right through gengar) UGWAAAAH!
Turn 4: SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS! (collapses on the ground in a slavering heap)
Turn 5: Psychic. (gengar wipes the floor with the opponent, literally)
Aura Master said:
I was bored and started typing out a Trainer fic in hoenn. I just hit 1000 words and still going..The first chapter might be awfuly short....theres something wierd...im using ms word 2007 and it dosent check my spelling.....

i wanted to make a pokemon saffire fic....but Burrado Aipom is already working on one soo....no... (aww man i wanted to make the lab explode ...dang...)
I usually aim for a minimum of 2000 words, it makes it slightly easier to track how far your fic is going than trying to go by pages. XD

Did you hit F7? That's the hotkey for it; otherwise, ff.net provides a free program for writing that has a spellcheck on it. It's not the most reliable for some of the more obscure words and it knows nothing about Pokemon, but it works for most stuff.

WHO CARES IF SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING IT ALREADY!

Fact: 99.99999% of everything you do has already been done by somebody else. It's what you DO with what you develop that makes it special. (spins nunchuks) Unless you're me, which makes everything cool automatically so long as I'm involved. (run over by a truck in a cool way) See?
Ysavvryl said:
Reading long sugar-inspired rambles is funny. I'm quiet (hence the avatar), but hanging around.
Got somethin' 'gainsht shugar, shugar? *hic* XD

Hangin' 'round like a sloth. Monkey. Type. Thing. Yeah. XD
Ysavvryl said:
Setting for my larger fic is Hoenn, with magic. Because magic is what I write; it invades nearly everything! But it is fun. I have considered writing with my own region, but all I have of that is a bunch of mismatch references to the Sea of Jasper.

Journeyfics provide a nice structure to work around, but then you have to know how to tweak and fill it out to make it interesting. Copies of the game exactly are not fun to read. I like to take the main premise of something and make one major change (like shifting to pure magic), and then see how that changes everything else. Or like that one fanfic where I changed a solidly male character to a female... that was pretty weird.
lol I like magic only so long as I can blow stuff up with it. XD Since technology works just as well without needing extra learnings in the fields of magicks, I prefer sci-fi, m'self. XD And, um... Males to females... You may need to check your morning stimulant for additives of an unusual character.
Ysavvryl said:
*wonders what would happen if a bunch of Pixy Stix were left lying around the thread*
(sigh) It's not obvious? I'd snarf them up faster than a locus blossom is plucked from its stem by an adolescent teenage girl.

Wait, what?
Tomato-kun said:
Can I join?

...Soooo...Can I join?
No, you can't join. I refuse. It's against my religious, personal, ethical, moral, ethnical, racial, judicious, humane, accelerantory and obligatory codes. XD

lol Ignore me, I'm just weird. XD

Fanfiction rules here are a breeze; write well, write neatly, write entertainingly and write lovingly. Jest keep that in mind and you'll do swell, kid. XD

Just out of curiosity, what TYPE of pokemon do you like? I prefer fire, myself; they all look so cool, and the possible habitats are entertaining to think of. (room of fire) XD 'Sides, Blaine's th' bomb.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
What's with this sudden surge in sugar abuse? Seems like everyone's hooked on the stuff. (innocent whistle)

I prefer caffeine.

Hoenn's cool, foah shoah, but it lacks evil. Team Rocket, Cipher, these are two teams of powah. Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Galactic lack a certain evil touch that TR and Cipher just ooze. XD Blaziken, Swampert and Sceptile are pretty cool starts, to boot. XD

Fair enough. Aqua and Magma are both misguided dopes, and Galactic is all about Cyrus wanting to be Gawd. ...that's probably why I'll end up writing an evil team that's mostly a combination of Rocket and Galactic, because I do distantly liked the idea of the guy trying to be Gawd.

Agreed; HLBMA by Breezy is a good Hoenn example, Legendarian Chronicles by Chibi Pika is a good one for Kanto (and I think it's developing into Johto, too), umm... Orre has been done a little, Sinnoh's being swamped and the Sevii Islands are also written about by a few people and one lousy author in particular. >.> <.< ^^' Johto... Shattered Pieces by Divinity_123 is a good one for that region. It all depends on how well you write it.

Maybe one day I'll write some Orre. I always liked the Orre cast. Maybe Miror B. will have to show up somewhere just because discoman is always amazing.

WHO CARES IF SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING IT ALREADY!

Fact: 99.99999% of everything you do has already been done by somebody else. It's what you DO with what you develop that makes it special. (spins nunchuks) Unless you're me, which makes everything cool automatically so long as I'm involved. (run over by a truck in a cool way) See?

That's what I just said! Are we, like, spiritual brothers or some such, man?

Just out of curiosity, what TYPE of pokemon do you like? I prefer fire, myself; they all look so cool, and the possible habitats are entertaining to think of. (room of fire) XD 'Sides, Blaine's th' bomb.

I, in games, tend to play Steel heavily, along with Dark and Psychic. Unsurprisingly, the lead character of my future story uses many types; her travel partner appears to have no Pokemon of her own, though. There's going to be at least three new Very Important Trainers, one Grass, one Dark, one Steel.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Someone needs to do a fic where the Team Leaders have an epic meeting. Especially if it's NOT a crackfic.

Well...some crack would be necessary given that Miror B would be there (and that, if I was writing it, Archie and Maxie have unresolved sexual tension, but that's just me).

Oktober

Closet Reader
lol @ Tempus Fugit: VIT. lol

I gotta say, Steel is cool if you can somehow work around their weakness to the best type on the planet-I mean, some of the more common types of Pokemon on the planet. XD Fighting- and Fire-types are pretty common, although, realistically, it would take a heckuva Fighting-type ta smash most Steel-types (steelix is fully capable of ignoring most of them in a real fight due to sheer size) and a lotta fire ta even phase some o' them. (anything short of a full-on Fire Spin or Flamethrower that can heat up their entire body or provide enough heat at a single spot will probably just be dissipated)

Spiritual brothers? Only if you know the secret answers to the famous mathematical equation 1+1. XD
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Someone needs to do a fic where the Team Leaders have an epic meeting. Especially if it's NOT a crackfic.

Well...some crack would be necessary given that Miror B would be there (and that, if I was writing it, Archie and Maxie have unresolved sexual tension, but that's just me).
Crackfic? Is that like dopefic? Weedfic? Cokefic? Dewfic? And unresolved sexual tension?! I'm sorry, sir, but I'm gonna need to see your writing license. XD

Oooh, that actually sounds funny. The Team Leaders meet to discuss the disturbing trend among ten-year-old trainers to be geniuses capable of raising their partner Pokemon into juggernauts in the span of a few months whose sole purpose is to wipe out evil and end up in an all-out slugfest when personalities clash over who will eventually rule the world. XD WHOOT WHOOT!

Still, it IS an intriguing thought...

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
Hi guys! I'm back from a hiatus from the club, and I'm here to preview my latest fan fiction. Anyway, it seems like this place has been having a lot of action since I was gone. With new members, Oktober being high on Mountain Dew...it's epic. XD. Anyway, here is the little preview!

Pokemon: Trainers in Training
When five lucky teens win a contest to learn from the masters, let's just say that it doesn't get pretty. With villians, alliances, and plenty of hillarous Bidoof action, who wouldn't read this fic? (sweats) Ok! Ok! Stop pointing that gun at me...XD.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
lol @ Tempus Fugit: VIT. lol

I gotta say, Steel is cool if you can somehow work around their weakness to the best type on the planet-I mean, some of the more common types of Pokemon on the planet. XD Fighting- and Fire-types are pretty common, although, realistically, it would take a heckuva Fighting-type ta smash most Steel-types (steelix is fully capable of ignoring most of them in a real fight due to sheer size) and a lotta fire ta even phase some o' them. (anything short of a full-on Fire Spin or Flamethrower that can heat up their entire body or provide enough heat at a single spot will probably just be dissipated)

Well, those are just the League-related trainers. There will, of course, be people like evil team grunts who are different, and probably a new boss and everything... you get it.

Spiritual brothers? Only if you know the secret answers to the famous mathematical equation 1+1. XD

Two?

Crackfic? Is that like dopefic? Weedfic? Cokefic? Dewfic? And unresolved sexual tension?! I'm sorry, sir, but I'm gonna need to see your writing license. XD

Oooh, that actually sounds funny. The Team Leaders meet to discuss the disturbing trend among ten-year-old trainers to be geniuses capable of raising their partner Pokemon into juggernauts in the span of a few months whose sole purpose is to wipe out evil and end up in an all-out slugfest when personalities clash over who will eventually rule the world. XD WHOOT WHOOT!

Still, it IS an intriguing thought...

Crackfic usually refers to something just completely ridiculous, so...

eta: Remember this? I'm gonna make another attempt at doing this. I'm actually writing a bit of it right now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.