• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fan Fiction Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Hi, I would like to join this club. I enjoy writing fan fiction and reviewing it, too. I have one fanfic currentlyh as seen in my sig. I'm a fan of the anime, so I'm creating a story where Ash battles the Elite Four. I like the idea of seeing how the anime saga (or at least Ash's) could end. My favorite kinds of stories are Action/Adventure and Comedies.

harryheart

Well hello there! Some of you may have seen my fic Max's Hoenn Journey around the fic area at somepoint and this I must tell you is one long project that I plan on completing in the next few years (and then start a new one) I would love to become an author in the future and I actually have a novel I'm writing set in Nazi Germany that if with correct cirumstances then I could publish... all things going accordingly of course. I've had a passion for writing ever since I was young and I love writing stories, some original and others based off of franchises. I once came up with this story about little creatures (a little like Hobbits) but cant remember what I called them and I had them saving their land from the dark lord Skell short for Skelleton who litterally was made of bones. A weird fic I know but it was my first ever one completed and I absoloutely loved that fact!

So anyway that was my introduction and pleased to meet you all : )

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I've been around posting for so long... I wish I had seen this club sooner. Of course I would like to join.

I write fics with a little bit of action, drama, some romance sometimes, tragedy... I do a little bit of everything. Hopefully what I have to offer is of interest to some here.

And to answer a topic...

What do you hate the most in/about fanfics?

When the author doesn't try their best. If you don't put your heart into it, it's not going to come out good.

Matori

THE QUEEN IS BACK
Joining, though I'm still trying to get back into writing little by little. Maybe this club will help.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I am so freakin' lost on this fic holy cow. I keep getting distracted by just about everything and can't focus on Obsession for more than a few minutes at a time. Mostly because I have some block about working on it--I want to tell the story, but the act of writing it feels...strange, somehow.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Well I've decided to rewrite Dedication Through Light and Darkness but have it loosely based on it. It will have the same characters and somewhat the same plot, but there will many things that are different. First I need to get off my lazy ass and write it.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Blackjack: I know how you feel. Some projects just end up in that state where it should all work out, but just doesn't and the story feels foreign somehow. It's not always laziness, although it can be that. And the distractions don't help. I usually end up working on something else and coming back to the problem story later. I also find that if I've been thinking on something else, I might need to make myself think on the problem story for a while before I can get back into it.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well, I have a deadline. It has to be done in less than a month, because that's when buttonsandstars comes out here and we'll write chapter 22 together.

Hope this doesn't count as double posting given the time elapsed between. Anyway, I finished that chapter at long last!

Last edited by a moderator:

harryheart

Congratulations! At the moment I'm feeling really unmotivated to write and I dont know what to do to motivate myself anymore!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Treat yourself or promise yourself something good if you reach a writing goal.

If it's any consolation, I'm stuck on the first episode of a Pokemon adventure fic based on Paper Mario 64....

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
If you want, for 'motivation' you can also take up a deadline if you want here (see 1st post for more details) so we can all bug you and maybe help you write more as a result. =p I also can say that I need to write more myself. >_< Pity procastination is so fun! =p

BTW I've been rather busy with uni stuff recently (if you haven't noticed my lack of activity....well you should have =p) and am now on holiday overseas, so Bay shall be the temp. owner here, although I do have some internet access here it seems, leastways for the moment. But have still updated new members in the first post as they've come just so you know, and if anyone has been missed just say so. =p

But yeah, place is a bit inactive... maybe another challenge is in order - any ideas? (And of course the other challenges can be taken up anytime as well - no need to have them off-limits just because they are old. =p).

(And ooh, a Paper Mario fic, interesting FlamingRuby). =)

harryheart

Hmm that does sound like an interesting idea! The deadline I want for the next chapter is tomorrow actually and I'm so nearly finished but I can't seem to write the ending battle for the Gym Battle! HELP! haha! So yea my deadline is tomorrow evening so 30 hours away!

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Hey, guys! Yeah, Bay here, temp owner now. Sorry I'm late. Just been busy the last few days and my internet connection was being funny lately. D:

Hm guys, I want to bring up a discussion real quick here. How would you like another one shot contest? We haven't got one of those in a while. D: I'm thinking the next contest should be some sort of action or suspense.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Sure.

Man. I'm kinda bummed. I got one review of Obsession. How do you guys get loads of reviews?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Hi Bay! A new contest would be fun. I did suggest a Pokemon tall tales contest a while back. Although after the last Pokemon centric one, maybe it should be general.

As for those two... I think action would be the easier one to write a one-shot for. Although you could certainly do a short suspense story, that genre likes longer stories (in my opinion, anyhow).

@Blackjack: I have no clue what gets stories a few reviews, or many. I have stories which I've put a lot of effort into and they don't get much feedback, but then one silly throw-away story gets a lot...

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Blackjack, not sure either, but it happens. There are stories I didn't put too much effort but I still get reviews, and stories where I did put some effort had less reviews. Back when I was doing a comedy/parody story and a mystery/suspense story the comedy/parody one got more. Perhaps another thing is you haven't updated your fic in a while. Which reminds me, I need to get updating my fic eventually. D: Don't give up, though. I'm sure more people will review the latest chapter.

And Ysavvryl, hm yeah action might be more easier to do. I would actually just go and suggest a one shot contest to one of the fic mods, but I want to join a one shot contest. D: The last two contests I wasn't able to enter, one of them I was the judge of. :p

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
It depends on what you had to do for the contest...if it's in a genre or a topic I can do well, I would gladly enter

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
@Blackjack - I just talk to many people here and make friends. If they are interested in fan fiction (be it writing or reading) they usually review my fic. Also, review other people's fic doesn't hurt. The most I got at one time has to either have been for one of the last chapters of Dedication Through Light and Darkness or recently for chapter 1 of Remix: Dedication Through Light and Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.