• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fan Fiction Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
What do you like to see from a reviewer (besides eloquent and all-surpassing praise)?

I actually appreciate criticism. If there's something that you didn't like, point it out and I'll attempt to explain it to you, or fix the offending part. It helps me know that I need to watch out for similar spots as I write. I also like people saying what parts they liked, so I know that it is something that my audience is interested in.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
What do you like to see from a reviewer (besides eloquent and all-surpassing praise)?

H-uh. Much like everyone else has said, some praise is great, and I really appreciate criticism if only because it seems like I don't get all that much of it, so when I do it really helps me keep my feet on the ground, as it were.

What I absolutely love is when reviews outright analyse my fics in terms of technique ... I have a habit of trying to insert puns and symbols and whatnot into my stories, and especially nods to some of my other stories (since a lot of them tend to cross the same universe), so I love it whenever a reader picks up on something like that. Even if the interpretation isn't what I intended, it's so much fun to know that someone's reading to that depth, and when they have it completely right, just yes. I love it.

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
This club is pretty interesting, it's about time I joined :p

I've always had an interest in writing, and I've written a LOT in my life. I mostly write stories based on real life, not fanfictions. I do have a Pokemon one-shot on here, and I'm definitely planning on writing more. I'm currently working on a rewrite of a fanfiction I posted on here with my old account, but it's nowhere near completion yet. With luck, I'll be able to finish a good deal of the chapters by December.

I put a lot of effort into my writing, and I appreciate it when reviewers give praise. But, I also want them to be completely honest with me and point out anything that bothers them about my writing. I want them to point me in the right direction so I can improve. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mimori Kiryu

As everyone else has probably said, I like it when a reviewer tells me what they didn't like and gives me suggestions to fix it. I don't want them to say, "Well, this part sucked." I want them to tell me what was exactly wrong with it and maybe they misunderstood the scene and I can explain it better outside the story than within. I also like the reviewers that tell me about my characters and whether they hate/love them, depending on what side of the story they're on. It shows me they're really into my story and I'm doing my job as an authoress to give them another world to delve into. ^^

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
A-heh-heh... Do you guys mind if I ask a topic question? ;^^ I promise it's not a half-bad one.

How DO you come up with the various OCs in your fic, if any?
The main reason I ask this is... I really haven't a clue how to ask that, and there's times when I see it on boards.

Really, my characters are generally based on certain tropes most of the time (Kazuki being the Chivalrous Pervert, for example), though they eventually develop other traits as well. Yes, boring answer, but frankly, I haven't a clue how to answer that without being flat as heck.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I base my OCs on myself and people I know mainly, but I will also base them on other video game/anime characters. (For example, Vince, the warrior in my Final Fantasy fic, is loosely based on Steiner from FF9, only toned down and much nicer)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
NE I based off characters from all over the place--some from anime, some from movies, some from games, some from real life, etc. Bunny is based off a couple of my quirks, but she's the stuffy version of Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice . Jacob is a mixture of Sir Teabing from Da Vinci Code and my European History professor. Jenny is based off from the Officer Jennies in the Pokemon anime, but I expanded her personality a lot. She also is based a little bit of me and a bit of one of my university friends who likes to joke around a lot. Brenda is based off from one of the old ladies you meet in the Lost Tower from the DPPt games. Timmy and Lucas I based them off from various crime shows and novels (too much to list :p).

Mimori Kiryu

For Appearing in the Moonlight, originally both Kisa and Aya were directly based off of myself and my friend. They were self inserts which is definitely not cool, so after changing a bit of their appearances and their personalities, I've created a semi-version of us, but with their own sets of quirks. Some times Kisa doesn't react to things the same way I would (She'll stay and fight instead of run away. xD) and Aya is very trusting, unlike my friend. I also try to base their beliefs off of characters in the original anime, seeing as opinions of the characters in the show will often need to corrilate/match your character, depending on how sadistic your character is. XD

For other fanfiction, I hardly use OCs unless I'm creating an outside friend for a canon character. Just like that one random person they can talk to that doesn't know anything about their actual situation. In that case, I actually base them directly off myself, but that's only because it's easier to write in that way. Giving advice in a way I don't believe wouldn't be easy to write about. :[ I get the feeling that made absolutely no sense at all. Oh well.

But anywho, it really depends on what the OC is actually for to know how I come up with them.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
For Obsession, which, despite centering around a canon character, is the most OC-populated fic I have, I needed roles to fill.

Asaph came about because Jirarudan needed a mentor. I'd already decided that his art interest wasn't something he was raised with, so it had to come from an outside source. Asaph represents the field of collecting as presented in the story--on the surface calm and distinguished, but with complex underlying problems.

Jiri needed a childhood friend too, so Veronica. At first she was simply a sounding board for him; someone to get close to, and someone to (*spoiler*) later on (no she's not going to die in the fic. It's something else). But right before starting chapter 19, something hit me. She's mad for Legendaries, and will be the catalyst for his pursual of Lugia. There's also something else in chapter 19 that she very briefly makes reference to...we'll be hearing more about that in 20 when I actually get around to writing it.

Corbin, Jirarudan's father, is a far better father than Jiri gives him credit for. However, it's not nearly as good of one as he thinks he is. He tries to understand his son, but he doesn't know how to go about that. He and Gloria split up when Jiri was a baby, and now, all of a sudden 8 years later he has to be a father out of the blue. So consequently he's tired a lot (emotionally), and very scared about failing as a father.

Helen is basically because Jiri needed both a mother figure and someone at the factory who he didn't completely hate. Oddly, I think I've fleshed her out more than Corbin.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Luphinid Silnaek and Pikablu Lv.X , you're added. =)

Ohh, new topic. What do you like to see from a reviewer (besides eloquent and all-surpassing praise)?

Besides the praise? But what? =P Nah, I like it when they tell me what parts in particular got a laugh out of them in my main fic, or just generally what they liked. Quoted stuff is nice to see for that, and also is interesting to see if any references or the such I make are picked up or not.

I also like to know what parts I could improve on, or what parts fell flat, and so forth - the critic, so you will. Praise is always nice and all, but I seem to get a fair bit of the 'mindless' variety half the time, so I'm thankful for the reviewers I have who do some/all of the above. =)

I think this sums up what I like in a review. A mixture of both. That said, I like any review, for the most part. xP

Erm, I'm not really sure. Sometimes I take bits and pieces from characters on TV that I think are well done, other times I look at the situation they're in and think what they'd probably be like. I have a lot of OCs, so it's hard to think of a particular way.

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
It's really hard to explain... sometimes I take different aspects of myself or other people and combine them into one character. When I'm working with two characters with very different personalities, sometimes I use different sides of myself. For example, I could use the shy side of me to write a character who doesn't talk too much, and the loud side of me to write a character who is outgoing. I can base a character off of anyone if their personality strikes me as interesting.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Since I write with almost all OCs... they come from just about every source I have. Books, friends, video games, movies, and music. I even had one character that was partly inspired by a colorful cartoony character on a candy wrapper. Once I've got the inspiration, then I decide what personality mold they fit best. I like it best when they don't quite fit the mold, though, because then they seem very much themselves.

I let them talk with me, so to speak, about what they should be doing in a story and where the plot should go. And then I just keep track of their progress, making sure they don't contridict themselves unless they're not really contradicting.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed

Well, my fic with the most OCs in it is 'Choice and Consequence', if only because the main character and her rival are OCs. Keegan was originally a self-insert, but as time (and drafts) progressed she became her own character. Tynan was supposed to be her 'rival', but I wanted to make him something different from the typical rival archetype and considered ways this could be done, with the result that his personality in my head was rather complicated and he turned out a failure the first time because of my inexperience (though he's since become a lot truer to his actual character).

Most of my other fics tend to revolve around canon characters, but in the event I do need an OC I consider, firstly, why I need them. If I could conceivably have a canon character perform the task (even if it's done differently to what I originally intended), then I don't bother creating an OC. If it turns out I do need an OC, then I consider what kind of personality/occupation/etc they would need to have to do what I need them to do. Then, if said role has some kind of stereotype attached to it, I consider how I can subvert or reverse that in the page-time the character has. Like in 'The good fight', I needed a Rocket member to be able to kill without question and who was high enough to give orders, as a juxtaposition against Lance's own position as lead; that led to the creation of Jace Patterson, sub-admin. The first thing that came to mind for that kind of character is the sneering, arrogant, revels-in-pain type, so I tried to turn him into an impassive man who literally can't understand the fuss.

In terms of appearance, I think I have a subconscious bias against blondes, because it seems like a lot of characters turn out to be blondes, so I tend towards brown-haired 'cos it's more ... unnoticeable? I dunno. Mostly I just pick something and play around with it for a bit, and see whether it suits. I did once make a throwaway Rocket a redhead, and then the entire character including name and backstory came after that just because I apparently have a thing for redheads ... so may as well take that as a lesson: sometimes OCs blindside you out of nowhere. Even when you don't need them. XD

Anyway. Usually all that's enough set-up so the character can grow into something in their own right, if it turns out I need them for more than a throwaway instance. Often it means they start growing on their own and I want to keep using them even when they're supposed to effing die, dammit.

So, yeah, pretty much what Blackjack's already said, I look at the roles I need to fill and go from there. XD

Also you owe me sleep, you linked me to TV Tropes and now I've lost over three hours surfing it compulsively again ahhrgh. D<

SlowCrow

Fence Crow
A club dedicated to the writing, development, and discussion of Fan Fiction as well as Pokémon? And you could join without necessarily writing Fan Fiction? I don't see a reason not to join! :D

Well, seeing the trend here, it seems to me like every other post from now on is going to be significantly shorter than the introduction post (unless the writers here go into a full-scale debate, of course), so I'll just make this post a long of a introduction as I can in order to "compensate".

As you can plainly see on the top part of my post, I'm SlowCrow, and it's apparent that I'm not the most active of posters. While I do not post every hour of every day to get my post count up, I do come to quickly peek at the Fan Fic and Author's Café boards from time to time. I actually do a fair bit of peaking, really; and I actually read through every last page of the Writer's Group discussion (about 160 pages of comments) just because I wanted to have a perspective on what should really be discussed at the time, if that puts the effort I put into "peeking" into perspective. I also occasionally do a review (or rather, create a collection of comments while pointing out a few odd errors) for elyvorg's fic, Lost Evolution, from time to time; that being the only "review" work I actually do as of now, but that might change if I can trek through the MASSIVE amount of chapters that other fics in progress have. All that's really stopping me is the possibility that my comments wouldn't really be of any use to the authors I'd make them to.

I also happen to be a rather inexperienced writer who's relatively new to the mystical realm that is Fan Fiction. Although I'm not completely new to writing, I don't have much skill nor experience in actually doing it properly since all of my previous experience consist of scripted works that were never completed. I only have one work that's a Fan Fic, a Pokémon fic by the name of Bug III, which I haven't begun to really flesh out yet, let alone complete. Although Bug III isn't longer than six or so chapters, it's actually something I want to complete, but there are a fair share of difficulties I'm having in writing the thing since I'm just so new to the whole process. In fact, the main reason in joining this club is to find something, whether it be another fic or several great pieces of advice, to give me that inspirational jolt I need to get over my hiatus, get writing, and actually improve Bug III so that it could both benefit me and entertain an audience that finds it interesting; maybe inspiring a new set of writers to get working on their own fics. It may sound like I'm being overly optimistic in a topic that is only about discussing Fan Fiction, but you can't blame this crow, now can you? :p

Other than being an observer and an amateur writer, I don't have that much to contribute in the way of Fan Fics, but I think I could entertain a random subject that comes my way in this topic if I had to. >_>

If procrastination strikes, what do you do to overcome it?

That's a rather odd question for me since I haven't really wrote my fic for about two years, but I'll give it a go. Since my fic follows several characters and problems at once, if I can't come up with anything for one particular group of characters, I'll simply start write about another group that I feel that I could easily do a scenario about in regards to the current matters (if not, I'd make create a new group to settle the current and future needs) and type whatever works best. If I can't come up with anything, I'd just work on some of the backstory that has yet to affect the characters and possibly create an element with which can be explored further by the characters themselves.

What is the setting for your fic/s place-wise, and time-wise - past, 'present' or future?
The setting for Bug III? That would be modern-day planet Earth. As for how the setting would affect the story in any way, I'm personally stumped on the matter, but I'm steadfast on keeping it away from in-game regions or AUs. >_>

How much do you (try) to write a day for a minimum?

Per day is something I wouldn't remember after the two years I haven't been actively writing my fic, but I recal that I would try to get about 1,500-2,000 or so words within the space of two evenings in order to meet my personal chapter minimum. Looking at it now, that's rather short for one whole chapter, especially considering that I managed to write eleven and a half pages in one sitting during the original active run of the fic. I don't know how much I could pump out now, but I don't expect that much more since I haven't written anything since I stopped writing Bug III.

What I hate to see are one liners and comments that state that they found an error during the course of reading the chapter, but don't bother to point out its location. What I like to see are reviews that analyze the information present in the chapter presented and try to make sense of it, lengthy breakdowns of what works/doesn't work in the fic and how I could improve it, and basically anything else that shows that the reader spent more than half an hour composing the message and the content in it.

And becasue I'm so full of questions and not enough answers, why not have some more questions to discuss amongst yourselves? :O

What kind of experience do you go through when reading an older work of yours? Do you cringe, raise your eyebrows in your past wittiness, start rewriting the mistakes, etc? Is there any excitement or amusement that you find while doing so?

When you wrote your first fic, how long did it take you to actually home in on what you really wanted to do with the plot/climax?

What type of scenes you would consider your weak point? Your strong point? Is there a scene you really want to pull foff in the future?

How much focus does food get in your fics? Is it briefly passed over, melts into the background, or is it non-existent? Is there a scene in your fic that relies on food's presence in order to move the plot further?

Do you take a moment in your fic to propose your own explanation on how the Pokémon world's technology works? How is it done? Do you do it often? How much in detail do you go into it?

Well, that’s what I have to say about that for now. See you guys when you respond.

-__________________- Kaw.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I can't resist... but short answers for now since there's multiple questions.

1. What kind of experience do you go through when reading an older work of yours? Do you cringe, raise your eyebrows in your past wittiness, start rewriting the mistakes, etc? Is there any excitement or amusement that you find while doing so?

I start fixing the mistakes, invariably. Sometimes I get to a point and wonder 'What was I thinking here?'. There's one older story of mine that I'm trying to simplify; it's way overcomplicated.

2. When you wrote your first fic, how long did it take you to actually home in on what you really wanted to do with the plot/climax?

It was a two page story I hand-wrote in class. So probably ten minutes.

3. What type of scenes you would consider your weak point? Your strong point? Is there a scene you really want to pull foff in the future?

I despise writing battle scenes. That's always where I get stuck. On the other hand, my personality-exploring dialogue goes on and on... a scene I really want to pull off? An epic battle that I like.

4. How much focus does food get in your fics? Is it briefly passed over, melts into the background, or is it non-existent? Is there a scene in your fic that relies on food's presence in order to move the plot further?

Lots of focus. Everybody can relate to food. One past story had cooking and food as one of its major themes.

5. Do you take a moment in your fic to propose your own explanation on how the Pokémon world's technology works? How is it done? Do you do it often? How much in detail do you go into it?

I do this often and in detail. In Ballad, I strayed in one conversation to explain why ten-year-old Trainers can beat Pokemon Masters.

Last edited:

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
1. What kind of experience do you go through when reading an older work of yours? Do you cringe, raise your eyebrows in your past wittiness, start rewriting the mistakes, etc? Is there any excitement or amusement that you find while doing so?

Oh yes... The times of checking up on your old work, to see what you thought was half-way decent is, in reality, actually pretty bad compared to your newer work. It's like sword making: Your original sword's usually going to be very crappy compared to your seasoned, newer swords, with much sharper blades.

My OC fanfic, Like a Line Drive!, suffers from the bulk of the older chapters actually being... Well, I see them rather boorish compared to the newer ones. It's a strange feeling seeing that all the mistakes you thought you found a few weeks ago in one chapter... Actually are still there, in greater numbers. I've even started a small project of correcting all these needless errors, though I'm only 8/35 of the way finished... Yeah, I'm rather lazy.

2. When you wrote your first fic, how long did it take you to actually home in on what you really wanted to do with the plot/climax?

I'm still on my first fic. XD

Really, I can't really see much of an "end" to my fic, since its main premise is a parody. All I can say it'll probably in with some cliché down the road, just haven't bothered making a good plot, since, you know, me likey comedy, me no likey drama and story. ;P

3. What type of scenes you would consider your weak point? Your strong point? Is there a scene you really want to pull off in the future?

Drama. Oh my goodness, drama. Ever since I've started writing classes in school, my drama scenes were bashed to no end. And I really never got much better AT drama! I just don't have a flow for angst, opening of feelings... Anything like that. You can actually see the reason why I favor shounen and comedy animes than the more drama-filled ones.

My strong point's probably uh... Well actually, I don't really know. There's a few people who seem to like my dialogue writing, but... I dunno how that's actually a good point. Oh woo, I could make a real life conversation in text form, amazing. Really, I haven't a clue what in the world my strong point is. XD

Obviously in the future, I want to pull off a strong, gripping scene of friends observing their feelings for each other. Not exactly in terms of love, but... Like, whether they're true rivals, or are they doing the "right thing", or trying to figure out the best way of survival. Those types of things.

4. How much focus does food get in your fics? Is it briefly passed over, melts into the background, or is it non-existent? Is there a scene in your fic that relies on food's presence in order to move the plot further?

There's one character in Like a Line Drive! who's obsessed with food. Not in terms of eating, more like in terms of it being the deciding factor of a person's personality. Really, fruits are replaced by berries, anything meat-related is generally passed over, general "standards" for Pokémon fics.

The character himself sees it that people are drawn to x meal over a bond with their inner person. Strange-sounding, I know, but I wanted to find at least something that wasn't too related to animals/souls/etc., but still seemed weird to even try to understand.

5. Do you take a moment in your fic to propose your own explanation on how the Pokémon world's technology works? How is it done? Do you do it often? How much in detail do you go into it?

Pokémon technology, in my opinion, is run on a similar basis as our world. Well, the similarity being electricity for most, if not, all of the technology. The difference is where it's acquired, which I used the anime's excuse with various Electric type pokémon generating the electricity. Rarely I wonder about technology in Pokémon in general, because... I just take it for granted. I don't see a need to worry so much about the technology in the games, when it seems like it's "x point in future, everything is advanced". For me, it's like wondering about the internet's main origin in Megaman.EXE
(that was explained later...)

Oh! I also have a small quick question for entertainment purposes.

In your Pokémon fics, do you guys really bother trying to give x trainer's pokémon respective personalities? And if yes, is it really that important to your writing?

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Hey, woah, guys! Too many topics at once is against the club rules, remember:
If there is a new, active topic (less than a day old minimum), than please refrain from making a new topic - no need to have several running around at the same time. Otherwise, go ahead and make one!

And it gets overloading for the people who want to answer them all. @.@

What kind of experience do you go through when reading an older work of yours? Do you cringe, raise your eyebrows in your past wittiness, start rewriting the mistakes, etc? Is there any excitement or amusement that you find while doing so?

It depends on how old it is. If it's so old that there's a marked changed in quality, then it usually makes me cringe and close the window. If it's oldish but not so old that the quality has degraded too much, then I tend to fix the mistakes and touch it up. Often, in either case, I feel the urge to rewrite it if the idea's still good. I actually really enjoy rereading my past fanfiction, though; generally it's an excellent way for me to get into a fandom again.

When you wrote your first fic, how long did it take you to actually home in on what you really wanted to do with the plot/climax?

Not long. When I get story ideas, usually the concept comes first, which usually ends up being expressed in a way that's appropriate for a climax. For me, the ending is often the first thing to become set in stone, and then the rest of the story follows. Since I make a habit of plotting out the entire story before I get too far into writing it, it doesn't take me long at all. CaC was about my first fanfic (or my first chaptered fanfic, anyway), and even after having gone through several drafts the ending is the one thing that's stayed constant. Can't quite remember what happened with HotM, which came before it, but since I went into that story wanting to give the Magmas motive for their goals, I already knew where that story would go even before I nutted out the beginning.

What type of scenes you would consider your weak point? Your strong point? Is there a scene you really want to pull off in the future?

For weak points, mine would probably be really chaotic scenes ... like pokemon battles with tons of pokemon in them. Partly it's because most of said battles are practically life-and-death in my fics, so it not only includes the pokemon, it includes the people, and with that many beings involved in a knock-down it's hard to keep track of them all without losing threads. And of course because my fics are often action, that mean I have a lot of said scenes. ._. Though I've been told I'm getting better at them, so ...

Strong point, probably character introspection or ... well, yeah. Stuff that's implicitly character-focussed. As for scenes I want to pull off, well, the next chapter of CaC is pretty much a knock-down brawl between three different sides each with at least two people, each of whom have at least two pokemon. Partly I just want to get it over with. Partly I'm terrified it'll fail. ._.; But if it doesn't (fail, that is) I think it'd turn out pretty cool.

How much focus does food get in your fics? Is it briefly passed over, melts into the background, or is it non-existent? Is there a scene in your fic that relies on food's presence in order to move the plot further?

Not really ... I think I only have about one scene in CaC where the characters eat something, and it's an introduction for one of said characters. Food and the necessity of eating (especially while travelling) is mentioned, but mostly passed over.

May I ask the motivation for this question? XD

Do you take a moment in your fic to propose your own explanation on how the Pokémon world's technology works? How is it done? Do you do it often? How much in detail do you go into it?

Hmm, how to answer this one ... I don't usually focus specifically on the technology, but I do generally think of the Pokemon world as several steps ahead of the real world's technology at any one point, at least in terms of certain aspects of technology. For instance, military technology, not so much, but I'd think they have a deeper understanding of physics than we do (hence the pokeballs).

If it ever arises in-fic, it's mostly assumed knowledge--because the characters take it for granted--unless, of course, I'm using a character who is from a different setting, in which case the technology will be highlighted and usually briefly explained by the relevant mouthpiece.

Mostly, though, yes, I do have explanations for some of the Pokeworld's technology, and where appropriate I do use them in-fic; but unless I have reason to go into detail about how it's done, then it's just passed over as 'yes, this thing does this', without explaining why.

In your Pokémon fics, do you guys really bother trying to give x trainer's pokémon respective personalities? And if yes, is it really that important to your writing?

Warning: slight rant.

Well, yes, it is important, frankly. A character is a character, whether they're human or not. It can be hard because there tends to be more pokemon on a team (as opposed to the single human trainer), so even working with a single given trainer you'll have a number of side characters, but that's a problem whenever you have a lot of characters anyway.

Of course, it really depends on how much page-time the character gets which sets how much personality they get, but that's true for any character, not just a pokemon; if a character's just a throwaway, there's not much point in giving them anything but the most basic of personalities, because you're just not gonna have the time and space to fill them out.

So, yes, I do 'bother', at least as far as I always give a person as much of a personality as is affordable even if they're just background, and I see no reason for pokemon not to be given the same respect. Even if you take the view that they're not any smarter than real animals, even animals have personalities, so if they're going to be there for any length of time they should be filled out like any other character.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
*Looks at the huge amount of topics and dies*

Yeah, I too going to go short answers for now. D:

One time I was looking through an old romance fic of mines and I at first cringed and then I laughed out loud at how bad I did the romance. No wonder I placed so low in that Romance one shot contest. XD;

Didn't take me too long when I wrote "Heart of the Sea" considering I planned it as a short story. However, I did wrote some scenes that I then deleted do to the nature of some of them. :X

What type of scenes you would consider your weak point? Your strong point? Is there a scene you really want to pull foff in the future?

Weak point: ROMANCE. D:

Strong point: Either suspense or comedy as I'm most comfortable writing one of those type of scenes.

As for a scene I want to pull off in the future, I would actually like to do a Pokemon battle scene that takes place downtown and at night after playing a little bit of Pokemon Battle Revolution. Not sure if I want to do it in a fanfic or as a one shot though. Might be one shot so that I can improve my battle scenes after I did horribly in that Battle one shot contest. XD

Food is not really the focus unless Balin the Ninetales is able to find it. ;)

Only time I did that is the Pokemon Center PC in NE. Basically how I did it is the user would have to put their name and password (like seriously, how else would you be able to get your Pokemon at another center and also with thousands of other trainers using it too XD).

Yes I do and I think it's important. The Pokemon in the story is as important as the human characters. NE I did that, although I think I could have flesh out Eisen the Noctowl and Jenny's Vesquien more. I had only flesh out their personality during the battle scenes as that's when they're let out instead of the other Pokemon characters. ._.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!

I can't stand most of my older stuff.

I was three. I don't remember.

What type of scenes you would consider your weak point? Your strong point? Is there a scene you really want to pull off in the future?

Action scenes. I can't write scenes with a lot of action or description to save my life.
My strong point is introspection and dialogue.
What I want to write is large-scale battle, since my original story centers around a lot of it.

In Obsession, it sets the mood sometimes. I try to make it a very sensory fic. Combine that with that the main character in it is trying to become a society man and he's learning what's considered upper-class...yeah.

Do you take a moment in your fic to propose your own explanation on how the Pokémon world's technology works? How is it done? Do you do it often? How much in detail do you go into it? [/QUOTE]

I try. But holy cow it ain't easy. Especially since even with glossing it over, I'm going to have to come up with even a passing idea as to how the damn Hikoukyuu (the airship from the second movie) flies. It's the size of a community college! That thing should NOT be airworthy at ANY size!

Speaking of Obsession, I haven't written any of it since I finished chapter 19 last November. I need help on it seriously and nothing comes at all.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan

Of course. NITWOMP could be said to be a character drama and it's unrealistic if the characters are just flat and, frankly, I'd be a little ashamed of myself if I left the characters as flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.