• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fan Fiction Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Obsession is my longest story and has the longest chapters. I think chapter 20 was something like ten pages and for me that's a lot. That's about the size of five of my normal fics.

My shortest fic ever would probably be one called Ink that I wrote in about five minutes, oddly about the same character. It's probably less than 100 words.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
This is going to serve a double purpose: as a reply to the question and a notification that I FINISHED THE SUICUNE STORY OMG FINALLY.

So. Since I've just finished writing my one-shot Beasts Like Us, I can proudly say that it was about five pages longer than my next longest one-shot and weighs in at about sixteen pages. c: For those wondering, the average chapter of Delta Species is about seven or eight pages.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
You have hust won my eternal respect! I loved the Among the Hidden books. : D

Hmm. That's a first for me. Normally I win over people's will to strangle me. THis feeling inside of me is...is...good. Just kidding. I loved that book series I only have 1-4 in the box set. I really want the last 3 though Among the Enemy, Free, and Brave. Among the Brave was my personal favorite.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Alas, I own a grand total of zero, considering I read all the books a few years ago from my school's public library. |D

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Well. I deceided to ask for them on my birthday and it was worth it. Betrayed was easily my 2nd favorite. Hidden was a very close third.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok, I believe Valentine's Day is over for everyone now. Anyone that participated, post here I suppose (or in that thread if you're in this very fancy club ;P) regardless on how you did. I managed my aim of 6 so huzzah for me I suppose? I wonder who got the most though. =P

That book series sounds like something I should read, there..

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
So I feel I have so ask again. My fic Creation (the link's in the sig) caused quite a storm when I posted it between the people who understood what was going on and the people who didn't. I want to make it clearer what the underlying truth is, but not TOO clear since the narrating character is unaware of it. So how can I do so?

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
B&B: I did the twelve as requested. :3

Blackjack: I believe I read that story before (in its current reincarnation, as I skimmed over it just now) and I must say that you've pretty much placed yourself into an immensely interesting - but also immensely difficult - situation.

I mean, you can't exactly go out and state that Magneton Man ahem, Cyrus is stuck in a very small room with a group of mechanical Commanders, and considering this is first-person and he's obviously cracked by now, it would be pretty hard to change that at all. All I can say is that perhaps you should have him observe further the extent of his, ahem, universe - after all, he is certainly the sort of person who wants to know about everything, even when he's been driven crazy. Describe it and the mecha-Commanders more, so that it becomes more obvious that they're not truly what he thinks they are but only a strange little room and a group of robots. It could also add up to overanalyzation of very minute things, like noticing how the Commanders seemed awfully cold for, ahem, natural human beings, and how the edges of his universe didn't seem to mold to his will like he wants them to. Since a lot of people are prone to taking things at face value and nothing more, there's no way (that I can see) to make it perfectly clear and yet perfectly in-character at the same time, and just by the nature of the fic it can't be laid out for them. So while I really hate to say that you picked a difficult viewpoint and subject to write about, I guess I have to. (Though massive props go to you for just trying!)

Of course, feel free to disregard this information as the ramblings of some crazy author who writes a rather different Cyrus than you do.
But I hope I helped somewhat.

EDIT: Chapter eighteen of DS has been posted.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hmm. A list of what he (thinks he) needs to improve would work nicely.

He's an interesting character with I think a fair amount of interpretations. I like DPA's the best, even though it drops one of the more interesting angles (the "emotionlessness") from the games.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
I think you're right on both counts. Though when I started writing about him the only interpretation was the D/P one, so I guess I'm pretty much stuck on that. DPA was interesting to watch (and the gag at the end of volume 5 was awesome C:<) but I had already gotten the basics of his personality in my mind by then, and it seemed kinda strange. Enjoyable, but strange.

Pokemon Z RPG

Little Squirt
I would love to join! I've always had a passion for writing fan fics and just writing in general, I also love reading them and getting into series of fan fics. Fan fictions I've made include Organization of Extraordinary Heroes, which I never finished, but I got the Prologue, Chapter 1, and Chapter 2 done. I will definitely post those if I am able to join. Please allow me to join, and I will contribute the most I can.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome, Pokemon Z RPG - added you to the list. =)

Put you on the list as well, Giratina!. Did... anyone else attempt the Dozen Roses challenge and wish to put their name up? Don't be shy. =P And we may need another challenge for later... any ideas?

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Woohoo, new member!

Spontaneous challenge idea: Pick a character, any one you own, with an at least somewhat unpleasant past. Now imagine they're locked in a room with a particularly malevolent Drowzee, who is in the process of using Dream Eater to dig up their worst nightmares. What do they see?

Toastedbagel

HUGGY TIME!!
Hello! I'd like to join the fanfic club, please. I'm currently working on a fic called "On The Road", and I like to read fics too- although so many of the good ones are reeeeeeaaaaly long at this point to just be starting on.

On topic, I'd really like to write a fanfic involving something based around Internet memes or something (YouTube Poop, perhaps?) just for the challenge and to see how I could twist something like that into a coherent plot. I'd also like to set a deadline: to finish the second chapter of "On The Road" by the end of February (man I write slow).

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Cool. I'm not the only new member this week. *Welcomes members gratiously to our home, sorry forum* (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets reference, you gotta love it)

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
I look up for the first time in a long while, and someone posted a challenge? I want in, seriously.

Spontaneous challenge idea: Pick a character, any one you own, with an at least somewhat unpleasant past. Now imagine they're locked in a room with a particularly malevolent Drowzee, who is in the process of using Dream Eater to dig up their worst nightmares. What do they see?

Get back to you on that on... Maybe Friday, Saturday-ish? I'll take my time on it, too. Tbh, the character I'll base it around would be uh...

Either Karina or Riyu, though Riyu'll be the "comfortable" choice for me to write about. Karina's personality in general's actually pretty bland, and lately... It's pretty boring writing about her, when she doesn't appear to have anything of her own.

Either way, said challenge'll be a fun thing for me to get done, and I might even get a bit of it done during school-time for me.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello! I'd like to join the fanfic club, please. I'm currently working on a fic called "On The Road", and I like to read fics too- although so many of the good ones are reeeeeeaaaaly long at this point to just be starting on.

On topic, I'd really like to write a fanfic involving something based around Internet memes or something (YouTube Poop, perhaps?) just for the challenge and to see how I could twist something like that into a coherent plot. I'd also like to set a deadline: to finish the second chapter of "On The Road" by the end of February (man I write slow).
Hello there! Added, along with the deadline as well. *updates first post while dancing Meen style and shouting SPARTA while feeling hungry enough to eat an Octarock*
Woohoo, new member!

Ooh, spontaneous. And I actually got an idea out of that already (well leastways a most fitting character that I could use
Eusine! Heck he has a Drowsee after all... and there's something unpleasant about chasing Suicune for years only for someone else get it right before his eyes...
and smush a random fic idea which I got recently thanks to something on another forum and so forth into it). Anyone have anything to say on this proposal? I already see some approval for this so methinks this may be it. XD If so though hopefully me starting uni soon won't delay me too much with it...

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
I don't know who I'll do it with, but I certainly have some candidates. One of them is one I really, REALLY want to write about, but he's also slated to appear in Delta Species later on... hmm. And I'd be interested in reading your spoilerific fic, B&B [nudges Beasts Like Us inconspicuously]. Writing about characters tends to make you like them more, as I've experienced firsthand on multiple occasions. Heh heh.

(Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets reference, you gotta love it)

XD Great scene, that.

Last edited:

Pokemon Z RPG

Little Squirt
Woohoo, new member!

I might just take you up on that if I can find the time. Sounds like fun to write! Still need to decide on a character if I want to do this, though.

Scytherwolf

How long/short is your longest/shortest chapter or story? What makes them shorter or longer and how do you make it work?

I think my longest story right now is the pokemon one I'm currently writing, and the longest chapter of that was around 25 pages...or something like that. It was long because there was no good place to break it up and it was a very important part of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.