• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fan Fiction Rules - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Look at the main section page showing all of the threads and other stories people have posted (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32), and then click on the 'new thread' button which is above the sticky threads at the top, or at the bottom of the page.

Then add in the title of the story in 'Title', copy and paste the story into the text box, preview and clean up the presentation if you want/need to, and then hit submit thread.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
I do not have Microsoft words can i just type the prologue in the first post and then the first chapter in the second

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
Actually i never knew about notepad thanks
but i still can't find where to submit posts

Last edited:

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
ha thanks :)

I have a fic that is "half/semi-related" to pokemon, the relations starts at chapter 6, so which section? poke or non-poke?

also, I don't know if my fic is g or pg because 1. I'm not sure what to rate. 2. it is not finished yet, so it might turn more and more pg as it goes on...(and, since it contains to much violence, it might go into a little mezzo-R)

Alder

Come at me bro
I have a very confusing predicament.

I recently found a three-years old fic of mine. i still think it's funny, and with edits, I think it has potential; I'm having issues with the first through third chapters being small, but it was teh first thing I ever wrote with intentions of continuing, so they were short ot begin with. I plan to go back and revise, but I'd liek to get myself back intothe spirit of writing it, so I'd like to continue. It's a humor piece, and the chapters vary in length from a page to four pages, at worst and best. Problem is, I've looked at all of the transitions, and I can't find an easy way to smooth this out. The problem here is that Zephyr_Flare said on the first page that chapters should be two pages in Word at least, most of which mine are, but not teh beginnigns. Which, liek I said, I don't want to edit now.

I also have a "prologue" whihc is not even a page long. It's just a Brian Jacques-esque, foreshadowing diatribe. Here it is:

Prologue
A Young Boy’s Legacy

In a country far away, in the small little town of Pallet, in a house across the path from the lab, there lives a young boy…
A young boy who would soon become one of the greatest Pokemon masters of all time…
A boy who was just then turning 10…
A boy, who at that moment was up early reading the paper, and watching that morning’s Pokemon battle on a TV in his room…
A boy who had anticipated this day for a long time…
A boy with the all-time biggest rival he could hope to have…
A boy named Guy.
Now, with his neighbor and friend, Jonin, and his fraternal twin brother, Dave, he sets out for the lab…
In the town of Pallet…
In a country called Kanto…
In the world of Pokemon.

It's not very long, right? But I like it how it is. Unfortunately, the rules say each chapter gets its own post, and the prologue and first chapter should not be both in the first post. What to do?

It also says that a bump should be at about a month with no replies. I haev 16 chapters (approx) finished. Can I post the Prologue, give a little non-story background, then immediately post again with chapter one? Then subsequently till Chapter three? If I haev written all of them, can I post what I have so far in two or three chapter intervals? As teh story progresses, around chapter eight or so, teh chapters get longer, and worthy of a single post. So the main questions are:

1. Hwo many liberties are given to humor pieces?
2. Is it a horrible thing if all of my chapters aren't two pages? Most of them are.
3. If i have chapters finished, can I post them in intervals of two or more without waiting a month for bumping? Depending on length of course.
4. If my prologue is as short as teh one above, can i include the first chapter in the first post?

Thanks in advance. Reaaaaaally hope teh Mods don't pull the tl;dr thing that everyone seems to liek in teh Misc. Discussion. But Mods wouldn't do that. *jesting smirk*

Yami Ryu

No linking to other sites...? Oooh-ooooohh...So much for doing it the easy way and linking to my ff.net stuff...My chapters are all kinda frikkin' huge, so...

It's called a Signature. Nothing against the rules about having a link to your story in it.

But I advise you to rework your signature at anyrate because it's almost taking up my entire screen <_<

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
No linking to other sites...? Oooh-ooooohh...So much for doing it the easy way and linking to my ff.net stuff...My chapters are all kinda frikkin' huge, so...

Aside from what Yami Ryu said, when you post on FFNet, you should already have your fic saved as a Word/Open Office/whatever document anyway, so it's just a matter of doing a quick skim for the parts that are formatting, adding BB code wherever necessary, copying, and pasting. The entire shebang really only takes about five minutes, and that's assuming you're posting it as-is (without looking over it again first). However, if the issue is highlighting large chunks of text in order to copy it, just use our friend CTRL+A to highlight everything at once. (I'm pretty sure it's the same for most computers, but feel free to throw in similar shortcuts if it's not.)

And if the issue is actually the fact that you've got reviews on FFNet or would like to look like you're getting more, then to be blunt, I don't know of anyone in a writing community who clicks a link just to get to a story. It's more convenient for us to just read it and comment on a thread made here.

Last edited:

I did not realise that copy and pasting onto a forum post, a second if it hit the character limit, was so difficult.

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
This is a little question for the mods - Can you have 2 fics up at the same time?

Dragonfree

Just me
Yes, you can have any number of fics up at the same time. Just remember that trying to juggle multiple fics can end up with failing to finish any of them.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Yes, you can have any number of fics up at the same time. Just remember that trying to juggle multiple fics can end up with failing to finish any of them.

Yeah, I had to learn that the hard way. Three times I tried typing two fics at once, and three times I had to stop production on one of them. That's my problem: I've got a long series of fics to type, leaving me no time to type the other ideas I've got for any time in the forseeable future.

bobri28

Get your snacks
can we make up our own charactors and put in a pokemon fic? would this still be a pokemon fic even though it had no anime characters or game or manga characters at all?

can we make up our own charactors and put in a pokemon fic? would this still be a pokemon fic even though it had no anime characters or game or manga characters at all?

If we didn't allow it I'd have to remove all my fics from the forum. It's a pokemon fic because it has Pokemon in it, existing characters is up to the authors discretion.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Just to clarify. Can a story be put in the non-pokemon fanfic section if it is not a fan fiction at all. Just an original story?

Status
Not open for further replies.