• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Fast, the Furious, and the fat. [BS]

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Spr_5b_291.png

]Ninjask@Focus Sash
]Impish | Speed Boost
252Hp | 252Def | 6Sp.D
• Baton Pass
• Substitute / Protect
• Swords Dance
• X-Scissor
Very archaic strategy - probably never used anymore - Ninjask stalls for boosts and hands them to Kingler, who can easily take fire/ice and physical flying/rock attacks. Only threat is electric really. If that happens, I just pass off to Porygon, a super fast, super fat duck to take care of things.

Spr_5b_099.png

]Kingler@Leftovers
]Adamant | Sheer Force
248Hp | 252Atk | 10Sp.D
• Waterfall
• Rock Slide
• X-Scissor
• Substitute / Swords Dance
Simple coverage is simple. 248Hp is a Lefties number, and with Ninjask's speed Kingler can quickly set up a sub or get a quick KO.

Spr_5b_474.png

]Porygon-Z@Life Orb
]Modest | Adaptability
6Hp | 252Sp.A | 252Spe
• Nasty Plot / Kamehameha
• Try Attack
• Thunderbolt
• Ice Beam

Rate away.

Last edited:

Shaun4545

Not bad, but if you really want something fat on your team add slaking XD

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
You can replace Ninjask's substitute. It's frail defenses won't hold up even with the EV investment.
I suggest (something ppl usually DON'T suggest) Dig. It'll be cool with Speed Boost.
Never tried it though, so hey.

Yeah I agree with davidchu.

Since Liechi berry isn't out legally yet, subbing won't do you much good.
you're better off using protect the firs turn, getting that SD with the sash the 2nd, protecting again the 3rd, and passing on the 4th.

I would actually put another move on Kingler instead of sub or SD.
Slaking or Snorlax is also actually a great suggestion, because it has the bulk you can invest in, and also loves the +3 speed and +2 atk you would be passing to it.
That's the point of the Ninjask-pass. You get some pokemon who are extremely bulky, but slow otherwise (like Conkeldurr and Snorlax) and you give them some speed boosts and let them go to town with the opponents team. so i suggest you consider some other options as well, including something other than Pory2 who can take advantage of that +2 Atk.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I would actually put another move on Kingler instead of sub or SD.
Actually, Water+Rock is viable, Putting another Attacking move isn't necessary. I Would go with Sub on Kingler, since Ninjask is allready Passing.
Slaking or Snorlax is also actually a great suggestion, because it has the bulk you can invest in, and also loves the +3 speed and +2 atk you would be passing to it.
That's the point of the Ninjask-pass. You get some pokemon who are extremely bulky, but slow otherwise (like Conkeldurr and Snorlax) and you give them some speed boosts and let them go to town with the opponents team
Slaking? He Gives the Oponent a Free Turn everytime he use a move...so the oponent have the time to Score a Critical Hit. Snorlax or Conkeldurr would Do, maybe a Dusknoir? It's Defenses is Quite Solid, and he loves receiving the Boost In Attack and Speed. He Also loves to makes Pokemons Struggle, Draining their PP

Last edited:

Lapras!

Banned
You can replace Ninjask's substitute. It's frail defenses won't hold up even with the EV investment.
I suggest (something ppl usually DON'T suggest) Dig. It'll be cool with Speed Boost.
Never tried it though, so hey.

loldig...

however this dude has a point in that sub is basically a waste of a moveslot. protect would be a better option for scouting. Baton Pass is unreliable as ever so don't expect any huge streaks... but this looks to me like a 'fun' team anyway so that's fine.

Personally I don't think P2 has a place in the BT. Trace is only really useful in competitive play to switch into common threats like Electrivire etc. In the BT you have less control over what pokemon you bring out P2 on... so Trace isn't as helpful... and Trace is P2's main selling point. Also don't try to toxic stall in the bt... it's just inviting hax basically especially without a substitute. An offensive P-Z would probs be better for receiving speed boosts.

I am ashamed that you are using a BP team without Octillery. Really ashamed :p

Also your EVs need serious improvement... You should always max HP before defences unless the pokemon's base HP is disproportionately high... which in ninjask's case it definitely isn't. So 252 HP / 252 Def on Ninjask

Last edited:

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
awww, I always have to cry when I see this... poor kingler does not get waterfall :C so you'll go with cra(p)bhammer. at least high crit chance.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
loldig...

however this dude has a point in that sub is basically a waste of a moveslot. protect would be a better option for scouting. Baton Pass is unreliable as ever so don't expect any huge streaks... but this looks to me like a 'fun' team anyway so that's fine.

The reasoning behind that is to keep Kingler "clean" on the switch in. I did consider Protect, but Sub is basically the same - except I can use it every turn - the loss in HP doesn't really matter. but then again, it's useless with sash. lol i'm stupid.

Personally I don't think P2 has a place in the BT. Trace is only really useful in competitive play to switch into common threats like Electrivire etc. In the BT you have less control over what pokemon you bring out P2 on... so Trace isn't as helpful... and Trace is P2's main selling point. Also don't try to toxic stall in the bt... it's just inviting hax basically especially without a substitute. An offensive P-Z would probs be better for receiving speed boosts.

well that kind of ruins the title... Any P-Z sets that you would suggest?

I am ashamed that you are using a BP team without Octillery. Really ashamed :p

I don't know how Octillery works.

Also your EVs need serious improvement... You should always max HP before defences unless the pokemon's base HP is disproportionately high... which in ninjask's case it definitely isn't. So 252 HP / 252 Def on Ninjask
I don't really think it makes much difference in this case.

awww, I always have to cry when I see this... poor kingler does not get waterfall :C so you'll go with cra(p)bhammer. at least high crit chance.

wait what. That kind of ruins things.
What about TechLoom?

Thanks for the rates!

Archaic

rawr!
Spr_5b_291.png

]Ninjask@Focus Sash
]Impish | Speed Boost
6Hp | 252Def | 252Sp.D
• Baton Pass
• Substitute
• Swords Dance
Agility
Very archaic strategy - probably never used anymore - Ninjask stalls for boosts and hands them to Kingler, who can easily take fire/ice and physical flying/rock attacks. Only threat is electric really. If that happens, I just pass off to Porygon, a super fast, super fat duck to take care of things. I can get away with no HP investment since I have room for both defenses, and that's actually more effective since I can have the bulk, yet Pain Splitters don't gain anything.

Spr_5b_099.png

]Kingler@Leftovers
]Adamant | Sheer Force
248Hp | 252Atk | 10Sp.D
• Waterfall
• Rock Slide
• X-Scissor
• Substitute / Swords Dance
Simple coverage is simple. 248Hp is a Lefties number, and with Ninjask's speed Kingler can quickly set up a sub or get a quick KO.

Spr_5b_233.png

]Porygon2@Eviolite
]Bold | Trace
252Hp | 252Sp.D | 6Spe
• Recover
• Toxic
• Thunderbolt
• Ice Beam
No explanation is needed here I suppose. BoltBeam and ToxicStall.

Rate away.

Its better now.

Lapras!

Banned
The reasoning behind that is to keep Kingler "clean" on the switch in. I did consider Protect, but Sub is basically the same - except I can use it every turn - the loss in HP doesn't really matter. but then again, it's useless with sash. lol i'm stupid.

No you should always keep the sash in case of Quick Claw users... I guess your reasoning works to an extent. Thing is Jask's Subs are so frail they are very unlikely to survive more than one turn.

well that kind of ruins the title... Any P-Z sets that you would suggest?

well this might work...

PZ@Life Orb
Modest; Adaptability/Download
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Tri Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hyper Beam / Nasty Plot

With a few speed boosts this should tear through pretty much anything. Either ability works, however I would lean towards Adaptability as the more reliable. Last slot can be taken by Hyper Beam for wall breaking or Nasty Plot, if you find yourself with a free turn behind 'Jask's sub or something and can set up. Hyper Beam is viable here for tearing through problem pokes before they have a chance to damage P-z... however be careful when using it, even though you shouldn't really need it that often.

I don't know how Octillery works.

D: ... lol basically all you do is baton pass him speed boosts, and then attack... it's cool because Octillery has an amazing offensive movepool... the only thing holding him back from using it normally is speed, really.

I don't really think it makes much difference in this case.

...It's quite important, actually, especially in this case. Since he's baton passing substitutes, in theory you'd want them to be as bulky as possible for the benefit of Kingler and Pory. It could make a difference in several battles. Also it's good to invest in HP before defences as a general rule.

Edit:

Spiny said:
]Ninjask@Focus Sash
]Impish | Speed Boost
6Hp | 252Def | 252Sp.D
• Baton Pass
• Substitute
• Swords Dance
Agility

Been a while since I've seen a competent troll in this section lol

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
No you should always keep the sash in case of Quick Claw users... I guess your reasoning works to an extent. Thing is Jask's Subs are so frail they are very unlikely to survive more than one turn.

Sure. Hope for a miracle?

well this might work...

PZ@Life Orb
Modest; Adaptability/Download
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Tri Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hyper Beam / Nasty Plot

With a few speed boosts this should tear through pretty much anything. Either ability works, however I would lean towards Adaptability as the more reliable. Last slot can be taken by Hyper Beam for wall breaking or Nasty Plot, if you find yourself with a free turn behind 'Jask's sub or something and can set up. Hyper Beam is viable here for tearing through problem pokes before they have a chance to damage P-z... however be careful when using it, even though you shouldn't really need it that often.

I'll get more damage after a Nasty Plot anyway, and if I do get a sub up it should be all good.

D: ... lol basically all you do is baton pass him speed boosts, and then attack... it's cool because Octillery has an amazing offensive movepool... the only thing holding him back from using it normally is speed, really.

hm.I can say the same for Nidoking, except he'd improve synergy (except against ice types :/)

...It's quite important, actually, especially in this case. Since he's baton passing substitutes, in theory you'd want them to be as bulky as possible for the benefit of Kingler and Pory. It could make a difference in several battles. Also it's good to invest in HP before defences as a general rule.

goddamn I'm stupid.

Thank you kind sir.

i don't think Octillery would be able to take full advantage of a Bp Swords Dance...
Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Waterfall, Dive, Bounce.... Most of its better attacks are SpAtk based, including Charge Beam, Flamethrower and Water Spout.
105 bast attack is respectable, but so is 105 base SpAtk, which would be easier to utilize with octillery...

though you could use Cloyster so you don't always need to shell smash first...

Lapras!

Banned
/sigh just to clarify I'm not seriously suggesting octillery for this team. It's just a cool pokemon :p