1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Faults of Gen III

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RileyXY1, May 26, 2018.

1. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

I really enjoy Hoenn. Maybe a better rival perhaps but besides that it’s fine.

FRLG on the other hand really lacked PG besides the Sevii Islands.

FRLG should have added
    - Gym leader rematches
    - Orange Islands was a missed opportunity. Come on GF. Really.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    MockingJ likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

They probably could've used a level increase in the post-game, and since R/S/E had few training spots, perhaps that would've been a good way of leveling up our Pokemon more conveniently.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. MockingJ

MockingJ Active Member

Gym Leader rematches should've definitely happened but the Orange Islands were an anime creation so of course GF didn't use them.

Daizy likes this.
  4. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

And, the Sevii Islands actually used the same real life inspiration as the Orange Islands.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Gym Leader rematches in the Kanto remakes would've been fine I suppose, although the Vs. Seeker seemed like a good alternative since we could get lots of training done with that alone.

6. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

The ingame trades in R/S suck. Every Pokemon that was offered was common in the wild so trading for them felt pointless, unlike half of LG/FR's trades.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

That might be a good thing, however. I disliked how so many rare Pokemon were restricted to in-game trades in FR/LG, so R/S/E's trades seemed far more reasonable.

8. DarkPoke001

DarkPoke001 Dark Pokémon Master

For me, FR/LG could've (should've) had animated sprites at the beginning of a battle, as they had in Emerald. It's a small touch but was something I liked. Gym leader rematches should've also been been possible and maybe a battle facility akin to Emerald's Frontier would've been a nice addition .

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Well FR/LG came out before Emerald, and I figure that Game Freak didn't decide to bring back animated sprites until Emerald was in development. At least the FR/LG sprites bounced a bit on the status screen.

10. Boss1991

Boss1991 A real hardcore Pokéfan!

Gen III is my favourite generation overall, and here are it's very few flaws imo:

-the Eastern Water half of Hoenn's routes are a mess and it's easy to not know where you are going.
    - no physical- special split
    - no visible day-night cycle

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018 at 4:40 PM